Author Topic: Searching in London locally grown meat and FAT especially  (Read 3531 times)

Offline SonnyJimJones

• Forager
    • View Profile
Searching in London locally grown meat and FAT especially
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:30:35 pm »
Cheers m8s, i've been relocated recently in London, do anyone from arount here know any place where i could buy locally grown and grassfed meat? im also looking for  local fresh fish, help a friend.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Searching in London locally grown meat and FAT especially
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 02:38:27 am »
Check out the LFM (London Farmer’s Market website) The Marylebone farmer’ market is the best and usually has several grass fed meat stalls and 1 great fishmonger’s/fisherman.There is also a stall offering leg of lamb.Bear in mind that all LFM stalls are as good as or often better than organic equivalents.Being certified organic is very costly so the poorer farmers are disadvantaged on this issue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:01:43 am »
I would discourage seeking local sources of Land Fat near London or any other mega city...there is just too much runoff to be sure that the adjacent farmland isn't contaminated.

If possible try to find distributors that would import from more pristine areas.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 08:04:11 pm »
The LFM markets are quite safe.There is raw wild hare available and raw wildcaught  seafood among other things.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 10:47:58 pm »
Not claiming that the meat grown near London is "unsafe", but from my experience much of it tasted like the tripe of quiet desperation which characterizes that region of the world.

I would recommend perusing the local farmers markets, asking the farmers about their sources and methods, while sampling animals from a wide variety of places , and using your sense of taste to discern for yourself the best flesh available.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 01:36:22 am »
The LFM markets are designed with Weston Price in mind.Unlike Sally Fallon they are usually very reliable.Admittedly, organic means little in the uk and there are some small farmers who produce raw meat far superior to many grassed meat farmers but you are exaggerating a bit.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 02:41:53 am »
No sense in arguing over taste, and perhaps I am a bit of an alarmist, yet I still must insist that general proximity of farms to mega cities is problematic. Even in places like Kentucky, that has only been recently colonized by masses of industrial humans, I have found issues with the quality of animals raised near the larger cities or industrial areas. We have a lot of dirty coal power plants, vast conventional farmlands, over grazed pastures and issues with contaminated water runoff.

Though I have no degree of certainty on the matter, to me it just doesn't seem feasible that there would be any Land within 50 miles the city of London that would be considered pristine by my own standards.( Does anyone here know of any truly ideal sources, from farms close to London?)

Ive been using Google maps to investigate farms before actually driving out to inspect in person, and if I see a farm in the middle of a major big agra center, or near other major industrial, or urban activity, then I will try to look elsewhere.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 02:54:52 pm »
Not that that is a guarantee, the LFM markets allow farms up to 250 km from London to participate.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk