Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Hot Topics

Teenager dies after tapeworm lays dozens of eggs in his brain from Pork

(1/2) > >>

funnybone:
Makes me scared eating raw meat. I've not eat raw chicken and raw pork though.

https://www.livescience.com/65090-tapeworm-cysts-brain.html

What are your thoughts?

dariorpl:
We don't know if it was the parasites that killed him or if the parasites were eating toxic parts of his body and then he died.

Also, there is no reason to expect this to happen to paleo / primal dieters with any degree of likelihood, as the cases are minimal if they exist at all.

Chances are he was a cooked food eater, and likely not the best kinds of cooked food.

Plenty of studies have used tapeworms and other intestinal parasites both in humans and other animals, to treat several illnesses with great success.

norawnofun:
I also think that there was a cause behind that which did not directly relate to him eating the pork. You never know to what toxins this guy was exposed to or what rubbish he ate. He might have worked in a chemical factory, on a garbage plant and what not. News like this are pretty pointless. I did eat raw chicken, air dried bacon, allthough cured with salt, high meat, and so far had no issues. I also do think that parasites are there for a reason to cleanse us, if you live a shitty lifestyle or eat shitty foods then the balance of good bacteria/parasites can shift and they can cause you issues, like yeast infections and candida overgrowth.

I can also personally relate to parasites a lot, since I had many of them during my detox period and whenever I ate or drank something unhealty, I could see them in my vomit or saliva. Even now if I eat something unhealty and spit out that slimy substance into a open sink and remove the liquids around it. What´s usually left is a long worm like thing with a body, which usually has something like a head at one side. That head is bigger than its body and can have a different color (body is white and head is yellow). So I believe that parasites are meant to be, come to work whenever you are exposed to toxins, but we often do not realize that they are there until we examine them. I would also think that when you have a lot of slime in your nose and blow that out, you know that hanging slimy substance, instead of being just slime I think its a parasite that did its work and now needs to get out.

surfsteve:
As someone who only eats beef and fish raw or undercooked I'll refrain from judgment. There are both good and bad parasites. Getting bad parasites seems to come from exterminating the good ones. Usually from antibiotics. I know little or nothing about tapeworms though. Were some movie stars in the news a while back from trying tape worms to loose weight or was that some other parasite?

norawnofun:
Yeah, it´s the new thing now. Tapeworm diet :) https://www.healthline.com/health/diet-and-weight-loss/tapeworm-diet#sources

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version