Raw Paleo Diet Forums > General Discussion

do you cycle meat?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Nicola:
Yes, I cycle meat - the Argentine beef has a wild taste and I feel kind of wild the next day (even if I eat it with lambs suet) ...I try to calm down with mutton before I have beef again. I think the body AND mind need a rest from different proteins, minerals, vitamines and fats.

What do you think about this:

http://fanaticcook.blogspot.com/2008/05/beef-raises-insulin-more-than-oatmeal.html

Nicola

Raw Kyle:
The thing about that insulin thing is that even with a high circulation of insulin, you will have less problems storing fats with low carb foods because the carbs have to be there for fatty acids to store as fats. And of course the study was done with cooked rather than raw foods, but that's to be expected.

Metallica:
i naturally cycle meat, i'll eat about 1lb of beef everyday then not have any beef for a few days.

but i do feel best when i eat about 1lb of beef a day along with eggs, butter, coconut oil

i'll only eat beef or chicken and occasionally salmon

TheWayCreatesTheWarrior:

--- Quote from: wodgina6722 on June 07, 2008, 12:40:16 am ---a few people on here would say that fish isn't even paleo.

--- End quote ---

why would that be?

wodgina:
Well it would be pretty hard to catch a large amount of saltwater fish without technology such as sonar, massive boats with freezers etc.

also theres not that much fat, I would eat kilo's of the stuff when I first started the diet and was still hungry, I got rabbit starvation and would anger quickly. Theres not much fat on cold water fish let alone tropical fish. I know neolithic tribes ate a lot of saltwater fish and probably didn't have too much trouble catching them it's just you would have to have rice, manioc or taro or something like that or you would starve to death! So I think agriculture would have to be a must if eating marine fish I can't see how it would be possible without it.

also the Eskimos preferred mammals to fish.

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version