Author Topic: US/UK etc farmers being hit  (Read 7962 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
US/UK etc farmers being hit
« on: April 14, 2019, 05:20:32 pm »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6916417/Minnesota-farmers-tearful-video-shares-industry-troubles.html

The above is a typical example. UK dairy farmers are also being hit badly by competition, except for a few that provide raw cows milk. I was hoping that Brexit would prevent EU dairy being imported into the UK(EU has far lower food standards than the UK), thus helping things, but UK politicians have betrayed voters, and some, like May, are deliberately sabotaging Brexit. Even worse, the US is hoping for a soft Brexit where they can shove their far lower-quality foods on the British. This sort of thing does provide some incentive to start one's own farm.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: US/UK etc farmers being hit
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:41:32 pm »
How right you are!!!!!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: US/UK etc farmers being hit
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:51:58 pm »
Unless one is wealthy like the royals who have access to their own premium sources of food, then the UK is not the place to be for living the optimal Raw Paleo Dream. Even though there may be a few decent sources over there, the absurd regulations and high cost of living are just to much for the average working class family to afford.

At least in Fly Over Country America, there are large numbers of fiercely independent small family farms, where people who are highly motivated can go to directly buy good quality food. Where I live one can purchase whole animals and butcher in their back yard, without any governmental interference whatsoever...and although raw milk is still illegal in much of America there are plenty of renegades willing to stick it to the Man by running black market boot legging Dairy operations.

Good quality pastured Raw milk goes for 8 dollars a gallon on the black market around here.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 12:01:06 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk