Author Topic: Money in raw meat eating consultations?  (Read 8199 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Money in raw meat eating consultations?
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:34:47 am »
Anyone into making money from raw meat eating consultations?  Be a raw food nutritionist?
Are people willing to pay?  Is it rewarding?
Maybe hold raw meat eating seminars?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Money in raw meat eating consultations?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 03:40:52 pm »
The only person who makes money while consulting people is Aajonus. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'd love to meet him in person or attend one of his seminars.
It would be great to meet other people who dare to eat raw meat  :D It's such a big taboo in the UK.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:41:30 am by TylerDurden »
Eating raw fish and meat since 17.11.08. 99% raw since 25.04.08.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 04:38:53 pm »
It's such a big taboo in the UK.
Where it is not taboo?  ;D
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 05:01:35 pm »
Anyone into making money from raw meat eating consultations?  Be a raw food nutritionist?
Are people willing to pay?  Is it rewarding?
Maybe hold raw meat eating seminars?

Well, Aajonus charges 300 US dollars for a 60(?)-minute consultation , 20 dollars for e-mail consultation and 25 dollars for 5-minute mini-consults - I'd imagine you'd have to lower the price of consultations quite drastically, though, for people in the Phillipines.

Note that Aajonus depends on iridology for his consultations.Judging from tapes I've heard, it sounds very dodgy with him blaming every person's ills on heavy metal-intoxication - yet, thousands of people state that he predicted 99% of their health-problems, including many they didn't know they had until they checked later with a doctor.

I reckon if Aajonus can afford to live in Malibu, he must be raking it in, so I'm sure it is lucrative. Mind you, Aajonus lives in a very wacky part of California and California is known to be very new-agey in its attitude/culture, so he has a firm fan-base to build from.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 05:06:37 pm »
Where it is not taboo?  ;D

I think it's quite acceptable in Japan, one of my favourite countries. If I could speak Japanese I'd move over there.
Hannibal, what's it like in Poland? How did you family and friends react to your new diet? ;D

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 05:16:32 pm »
Well, Aajonus charges 300 US dollars for a 60(?)-minute consultation , 20 dollars for e-mail consultation and 25 dollars for 5-minute mini-consults

I think it's a very good value for money taking into account his unique area of expertise. I'm sure that holistic nutritionist Gillian McKeith charges much more than Aajonus. ;)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 06:52:56 pm »
Hannibal, what's it like in Poland? How did you family and friends react to your new diet? ;D
In Poland people usually eat sandwitches with margarine, kebabs for dinner, sweet juices, etc.; so you can imagine how would people react when they'll know, that I eat raw muscle-meats and organ-meats, which smell would be for sure intimidating for them  ;)
But we've got in Poland some good forum, which profile is low-carb and we talk quite a lot about rawpaleodiet - there is the whole section about this subject with a lot of topics; there're about 20 people which do eat raw meats - some of them are practically 100% raw :)
I've got one friend who is also on rawpaleodiet - someone that I can normally talk about this subject and some others re health
I live with my parents (but in about half of the year they'll move out to a bigger flat) so they know what I eat - they're quite liberal, although there are some quarrels about "smell"  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:59:46 pm by Hannibal »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 05:21:59 am »
I've thought about charging for consultations.  On the one hand, my advice is solid and useful, in many areas of diet.  On the other hand, people on online forums have given freely of their knowledge to me hundreds of times.  I have also given freely of what I've learned.  I first learned about Weston Price and Stefansson, raw meat eating, juicing, fasting, etc. online.  It was all free. 

I hate to charge money.  However, maybe a small fee is acceptable, though, since, if you ask me a question, I can dig through thousands of hours of online searching in a couple of seconds in my mind and come up with your answer.  Asking me is hundreds of times faster than doing your own research.  I am saving you a lot of time.  But, I don't know.   

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 05:49:41 am »
I was thinking of offline consultations.
There are a lot of offline people.
Many years ago I consulted with a nutritionist to teach me how to lose weight.
I was visiting her office, she showed me videos, she lectured me one on one.
I paid her.  She's not a raw foodist but  I got what I wanted at that time. 
I gained some knowledge and I lost 2 pounds per month.
I learned how to be flexible with diet.
Which led me to be open minded to try every diet out there... including raw paleo.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 09:51:08 am »
  I like Cheramoya's response.  It should be for the giving.  And besides, look how many times each of us has changed the way we eat, what we think is the 'right' diet.  So in practice, really non of us know for  sure.  But we think we do.  So if anything,  guidance to find out for one's self should be primary. 

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 12:56:15 pm »
Cheramoya is right, an experienced nutrionist may save somebody's time and warn about possible challenges/side effects of different diet plans. In the beginning of my 100% raw adventure I relied on the information provided by Stanley Bass on his website and I was very eager to meet him in person for a private consultation. If I lived in NY or US I'd book a consultation, there's no doubt about it.

On the other hand it's great to learn from your mistakes and do everything your own way, it might lead you to some amazing discoveries and make your life much more interesting/exciting.

Offline Cosmo

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 02:56:13 pm »
In Poland people usually eat sandwitches with margarine, kebabs for dinner, sweet juices, etc.; so you can imagine how would people react when they'll know, that I eat raw muscle-meats and organ-meats, which smell would be for sure intimidating for them  ;)
But we've got in Poland some good forum, which profile is low-carb and we talk quite a lot about rawpaleodiet - there is the whole section about this subject with a lot of topics; there're about 20 people which do eat raw meats - some of them are practically 100% raw :)
I've got one friend who is also on rawpaleodiet - someone that I can normally talk about this subject and some others re health
I live with my parents (but in about half of the year they'll move out to a bigger flat) so they know what I eat - they're quite liberal, although there are some quarrels about "smell"  ;)

Hey, Hannibal.
It's nice to have a friend who eats raw meat, you're very lucky!
Do you like high meat? That's why your parents complain about the smell? :D
I don't think I will ever try high meat, even if somebody pays me a large abount of money -v

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 05:53:30 pm »

Do you like high meat? That's why your parents complain about the smell? :D
I don't think I will ever try high meat, even if somebody pays me a large abount of money -v
You mean high meat defined by Aajonus?
I eat liver, spleen, kidneys and testicles quite fresh - 1-3 days old
But muscle-meats, tongues, hearts I certeinly prefer a little bit high - 5-14 days (usually)
I do not like my extra-high meats, that I keep on balcony and now we've got in Poland quite hot weather - 25-30 degrees Celcius
Some of them are over a half of the year old and they are very strong - but it's ok, as I consider them as medicine  ;D
yet slightly high lamb tongues are simply delicious  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk