Author Topic: Why are SAD-eaters so fat!?!?  (Read 2477 times)

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Why are SAD-eaters so fat!?!?
« on: July 01, 2019, 10:57:33 am »
Any theories as to why almost everyone is overweight?

I read stuff like this:

I recently came across this study from 1973 in which a 27 years old male has fasted for 382 days under the supervision of researchers from a Scotland University. This is the longest fast ever been recorded.

This patient weighted in 456 pounds (~207 kg) and weighted out 180 pounds (~82 kg). So, he lost 276 pounds (~125kg) during his fast. Five years after the fast ended, the patient’s weight has been constantly around the values of 196 pounds. A.B. had no ill symptoms during and after the fast.

and I'm mystified as to what is going on.
- why is it so easy to gain weight on cooked stuff?
- what purpose does this fat serve?
- why is it hard to gain weight on raw?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:18:02 am by a_real_man »

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Why are SAD-eaters so fat!?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 12:12:33 am »
I believe the reason I eat less on a raw mostly carnivore diet is because food doesn't taste that great. It's been well over 5 years since I had a McDonalds hamburger but I still salivate whenever I buy on for someone and bring it home in my car. Probably not much different that a junkie craving a shot of heroin...

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Why are SAD-eaters so fat!?!?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:47:13 am »
I believe the reason I eat less on a raw mostly carnivore diet is because food doesn't taste that great. It's been well over 5 years since I had a McDonalds hamburger but I still salivate whenever I buy on for someone and bring it home in my car. Probably not much different that a junkie craving a shot of heroin...
I believe cravings are mostly a mental problem. After convincing myself that I do not desire those foods and not eating them for years, I have no interest in them whatsoever, despite being surrounded by them all the time. I would argue that on raw carnivore food can taste very good, but that depends on the health and state of the animal you are eating. I've had all kinds of muscle, organs, fat and whatever else taste both disgusting and great in the past. Not surprisingly, the more unhealthy the animal, the worse it tastes.

Some people, of course, find all raw animal foods disgusting, but that is again a mental problem, and I do not think that is what is causing your issue.

Any theories as to why almost everyone is overweight?

I read stuff like this:

and I'm mystified as to what is going on.
- why is it so easy to gain weight on cooked stuff?
- what purpose does this fat serve?
- why is it hard to gain weight on raw?
I would say it is easier to get satiated on raw food, and both protein and fat are generally more satiating than carbohydrates. Meanwhile most people eat a heavily cooked high carbohydrate diet.

Now, I do not believe it is simply a matter of how easy it is to eat something, I think there are many factors to consider in why a large part of the population is overweight. Genetics, exercise, toxic food etc...

I do not know what purpose the fat serves. It could be that because the body is used to using only carbohydrates for fuel in many cases, that the fat simply gets stored. Other theories I've heard have said that the fat is used for storing toxins. In any case, I think that being overweight is likely a sign of toxicity in the body.

There are other possibilities, of course. Even on a high fat, high protein diet that's completely raw, if you overeat all the time you might end up overweight as well. Although in most cases I do not see that naturally being possible, as most usually experience raw fat and protein as very satiating. Not to mention the other problems you could have with overeating fat, such as nausea or diarrhea, which would most likely prevent you from absorbing any more food. Too much raw protein on it's own would cause it's own issues, which is why a raw lower carbohydrate diet would most likely not be capable of making you overweight.

On the other hand, if you drink a lot of raw milk, eat raw honey, raw fruits, I could see how the large amount of carbohydrates along with other factors could make you gain too much weight. Raw dairy in general makes you gain weight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk