Author Topic: Compass  (Read 7795 times)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Compass
« on: November 26, 2019, 11:06:15 pm »
Anybody knows a working quality compass? Are the ones on amazon for 10- 20USD reliable?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Compass
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 01:16:20 am »
I am so suspicious of amazon these days. I got deliberately ripped off by them in the amazon marketplace. I have often followed a rule where I looked at the cheapest range of items, then choose among the range of items which was, roughly, 2nd-cheapest. I have an idea:- when I looked out for a torch, I got fooled by a cheap Chinese torch which did not last long in use. 2nd time round, I read online  that inserting the word "tactical" when looking for a waterproof/shockproof torch was the best way to find a torch that would not go broke in the short-term. The word "tactical" is a term used to describe everyday items which the police, the army,the fire-service, the coastguard etc. use  in their jobs. Such items have to last a long time in extreme conditions, so local councils try very hard to avoid buying cheap stuff that fails soon after purchase. Similiarly, a standard compass used often by Boy Scouts, the army, explorers etc. would be the one to go for as opposed to something very cheap or very expensive.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawFoodist

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:12:21 pm »
I am interested about this as well. I am looking for a quality brand compass.

But how can we tell if a compass points to the magnetic north correctly? Like really, how do you know when it works correctly and when does not work correctly?

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 02:57:04 pm »
So can anybody recommend a compass that:
- works worldwide
- preferably liquid free
- can show accurately/precisely the magnetic north
- lasts preferably a lifetime...
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk