Author Topic: eat chicken skin?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Bradley David Good

• Trapper
    • View Profile
eat chicken skin?
« on: December 29, 2019, 06:31:18 am »
I've been eating chicken raw and like it a lot - this is pastured (not free range) chicken from a small farm, bought at the health food store frozen.

I like the leg/thigh combo.  I've been tearing off the skin because I thought that I read somewhere not to eat the skin.  But can't remember where or why.  I think it may have been Aagonus who said that somewhere.  Anyway, last night I cooked up the skin bits with beef liver and onions and it was great.

Just wanted some opinions or experience with eating the chicken skin raw.  It does seem appetizing to me.

Thanks!

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: eat chicken skin?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 12:25:48 am »
"AV says not to eat it but Paul Lundkvist, a bodybuilder/personal trainer living in Stockholm says the chicken skin and fat are the tastiest part to him, and he eats them first" - according to Raw Kyle in a previous entry.    Others have said it tastes pretty amazing with all the fat!   Glad you have tried Raw Chicken and find you like the distinct taste and flavor.     

Many won't try Raw Chicken or Raw Pork, and are missing out on some tasty treats.    If you don't try it how will you know if you like it?

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 12:50:33 am »
OK thanks, I'm still wondering what AV's logic was. 

Yea, actually I checked the chicken and it's not pastured, it's organic free range, but from a small farm so I think it's pretty clean. 

I also really enjoy ground turkey, pastured and frozen from the same health food store.  It's one of my favorites.

I don't eat any pig.  I stopped eating it about a year ago, when I was eating it cooked, it seemed to just slow me down and I felt better without it.  I still feel that there are too many reasons not to eat it with all of the history of some religions saying to stay away from it and the weird parasites associated with it.

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 04:41:44 am »
Suggest looking at following on this Forum:
Digestibility of raw animal skins
Chicken pluck
The Butcher
AV may have felt skin was indigestible or, if plucking involved dipping in bleach solution to remove feathers in industrial production of chickens, undesirable.
Have eaten Raw Chicken, Raw Turkey and Raw Duck for a really 'fowl' Christmas, and had both Chicken and Pork from local supermarkets.   Most cooked meats can prove tougher than raw versions, if cooked badly.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 09:54:23 am »
what francis said
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 04:58:58 am »
Thanks for the information.

I tried to eat the chicken skin and it was just way too tough and chewy, impossible.  So I guess it really softens up when cooked.

Anyway, I'm just going to give it to my dog from now on, he just swallows it.

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 06:25:31 am »
Could be left to get high and become softer over time?    Never tried this with chicken skin on its own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk