Author Topic: Greetings everyone!  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Paganwar56

• Forager
    • View Profile
Greetings everyone!
« on: January 30, 2020, 06:37:36 am »
I am 21 years old, male, full-time college student, and from Louisiana, USA. Over a year ago I started watching sv3rige and milkjar videos and subsequently became interested in nutrition. Since that time I've been experimenting on and off with incorporating raw animal meat and fat into my diet. I generally get my meat from Whole Foods or another local grassfed source (sources here aren't great for grassfed options). Raw dairy is completely illegal, so the only way I can acquire it is online or by taking a road trip out to Texas.

In this past month of January I decided to experiment with a diet that consisted of primarily raw meat, raw fat (butter), honey, eggs, seafood, beef, lamb, and organs (mostly calf liver). I've been feeling great throughout most of it, save for a few bouts of diarrhea. I've been figuring out which cuts of meat I enjoy the most raw and what works for me in general. I have been browsing this forum quite often and finally decided to take the plunge and create an account here ;D It's been an interesting learning process and I would be open to meeting other fellow raw dieters near me.

Offline Bradley David Good

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 12:51:24 am »
Hi there, after about 2 years of half raw animal foods, I recently went almost total...will still eat raw coconut cream, and maybe some small other stuff on occasion, but feel really super good after 5 days.

The biggest caution I would give is that "organic" and "grass fed" do not mean the animals never had shots or dewormers.  In fact, in some cases organic animals in retail stores require vaccines.  And the toxins accumulate in the organs, bones and fats. 

A youtuber just had a severe reaction with bloody diarrhea and posted a video yesterday morning.  He had eaten grass fed.  People don't believe that these animals still can have shots and chemicals, but they can.

Search for a local farm you can drive to, even if it takes half a day, maybe Amish, and find one that never uses any chemicals.  Usually this involves joining a private buying club.  But Louisiana sounds pretty harsh so even that may be illegal in your state.

Raw milk is allowed here in PA, but I've heard from others that if you go to local farms, buy their stuff regularly, and have private conversations only, it can be had.  If I were you, that's what I'd do.  Best is to get it never refrigerated.  Might even be able to get no salt raw butter and cheese that way too...and unrefrigerated unwashed fertile eggs are another great thing.

Offline Paganwar56

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 01:42:46 am »
Thanks for the advice. I generally get my muscle meat from wherever, usually Whole Foods. Since toxins don't accumulate in the muscle. My source of fat is raw butter and I order online from Dutch Meadows, supposedly they are 100% grassfed, no hormones, etc. They're actually based in PA. I haven't had any problems with them yet, and the butter has a nice yellow color. I get my organs from a local grassfed place, no hormones, same deal. They are frozen, but I've eaten over 15+lbs of organs raw from them so far with no issues.

In regards to the legal situation in Louisiana for raw dairy, it is abysmal here. Raw milk and dairy is entirely illegal, and the only way you'd be able to get some is if you were very, very close to a local cattle farmer who also happens to be grassfed. Raw dairy in general is deemed as "unfit for human consumption". Basically no stores are allowed to sell it, and farmer-to-consumer sales are illegal. Cow shares are also illegal as far as I know, since it can be used as a loophole to acquire raw dairy. Furthermore, there's also a great lack of quality meats. "Grassfed" and "No hormones' here is not very common around where I live. There are two places that sell high quality, grassfed meat. One of them freezes their meat.

Also, I totally agree that you can still become sick from toxins if they are labelled as grassfed or organic. I've seen multiple people get sick from eating either organs or bone marrow. Our diet isn't risk-free, that's for sure, since we're so inundated with toxins everywhere on a daily basis. Even in supposed "quality" meats.

Offline Bradley David Good

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 03:14:01 am »
I know dutch meadows.  I was getting that for a while before switching back to Miller's Organic Farm for butter.

I forgot to say in the last post, I am on day 5 of one week of just animal, then I'm going to introduce some fruit again.  I wanted to totally get off the sugars for a while.  I even stopped milk about 3-4 days ago.  And will bring that back slowly.

I'll probably do a fruit every other day for a while, at most once a day mid day.  Or at least 2 times a week.  Something like that.  I feel like its a good thing in moderation, especially with the coco cream.  Others would disagree and say go without it I guess.  I usually feel better on a little and way worse on a lot.  But with plants I always feel worse.

Bummer about the laws there.  I wonder if Miller's Organic Farm would ship to you?  I don't know how that works but it might be worth a phone call.   

Also, I wouldn't give up on visiting farms and buying stuff and asking.  My understanding is that it's like weed in illegal states, if no one says anything on phones or devices basically no one cares and its tolerated in small amounts.  Who has resources to follow up on that stuff?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk