Author Topic: Another " into the wild" case of self inflicted death by intoxication  (Read 522 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bookworm

  • Trapper
  • **
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
An Alsatian in his fifties died after being intoxicated after a confusion between two plants picked in the forest: he consumed crocus for several days thinking that it was bear garlic.

"This person did not have any particular health problems but he consumed pesto several times which he had cooked himself and in which he had put on crocus ( colchique )  thinking that it was bear garlic, has explained Doctor Christine Tournoud, from the Poison Control Center East, based in Nancy.

"She was severely poisoned and died last weekend despite being placed in intensive care," she said.

Offline Bradley David Good

  • Egg Thief
  • **
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
People need to let the animals choose the plants, they are much smarter.  Humans were not meant to do that task it seems.

Offline a_real_man

  • Warrior
  • ****
  • Posts: 211
    • View Profile
"Pesto" is not a paleo food... any complicated mixing is unnatural and masks the tastes and smells of the ingredients... duh

Offline RawFoodist

  • Trapper
  • **
  • Posts: 59
    • View Profile
People need to let the animals choose the plants, they are much smarter.  Humans were not meant to do that task it seems.

A lot of times animals will eat plants that is not good for them?

Offline a_real_man

  • Warrior
  • ****
  • Posts: 211
    • View Profile
People need to let the animals choose the plants, they are much smarter.  Humans were not meant to do that task it seems.

What fucking animal is going to be choosing the plants you'll eat? Are you going to train a cow to tell you what plants to eat? Or a dog?

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

  • Warrior
  • ****
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
I think they mean let the animal choose plants for itself, not us.   Not always a wise decision?

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk