Author Topic: Survivalism as the wild card of capitalism  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Bookworm

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Survivalism as the wild card of capitalism
« on: May 25, 2020, 04:15:10 am »

This  short  comic story on eating animal droppings really deserves to be translated into english

I found  it in a recently created french digital COMIC website dedicated to political humour and satire. Lots of very funny comics in there. All in french unfortunately.

This particular one  illustrates in the most vivid manner,  the potential of capitalism to harness human survival instinct to its own survival.

https://mazette.media/demo/bd/?id=7

Offline smokeyquartz

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Survivalism as the wild card of capitalism
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 04:34:28 am »
Are you from France?

The comic looks interesting.  I understood him saying his name is Bear Gryllis and he is going...somewhere.  Then the next one starts "Today, men are..." and I can't read the rest!  I took one year of French in high school.  I think the world is too English-focused and it's concerning.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Survivalism as the wild card of capitalism
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 07:43:10 pm »
Wondered if this might help?
French captions to English (approximately)

PICTURE LEFT TO RIGHT AND THEN DOWN AT  END:
1.   “Safety!   I am Bear Grylls and I am going to teach you to survive in a hostile environment.”
2.   (top) “Today man is too comfortable, incapable of drawing away from his environment.”
      (bottom)  “He has a little tendency to rest and all the time count on the others.”
3.   (top) “Take these discharge of mammal for example.”
      (bottom)  “an unimaginable providence of nature!”
4.   (left)  “All the nutrients that have not been digested.”
      (right)  “With a little sorting, there is something to have enough energy to keep me going!”
5.   (Television Screen)   ‘This was a message from the Minister of Security and Health.”
Layout of captions to pictures in French Comic:
1   2   3
4   5

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk