Author Topic: 2 years, health not improving  (Read 828 times)

Offline CircleGirl

• Forager
    • View Profile
2 years, health not improving
« on: March 12, 2021, 06:42:53 am »
Hi all,

Me and my Dad have been on the raw paleo diet for near on 2 years, and I can't say I've seen much improvement in our health..
Previous to this, we'd been Vegan for a year, and me a fruitarian for a year too. After a couple of months on the raw, I started experiencing debilitation fatigue, and after many months of investigation, it was declared that I'd gotten Toxoplasmosis. No treatment was given, just blood monitoring to make sure it was leaving my body. Usually people get over this infection within a week, but it left me with Post Viral Chronic Fatigue, from which I am mostly recovered physically - but mentally, my cognitive abiliities are very much still distorted, and I miss the clarity and verve which normal life used to hold.
I've been discharged now. Interesting thihng they found on an ultrasound was that my gallbladder was slightly distended (unsure if that was due to the Toxo, but it didn't seem to worry them)
I still have very little energy, and am wondering at this point if my body is even able to digest fats? I've had similar symptoms to IBS on and off this whole time. Ever since being on the diet, I've also noticed that I'm producing a lot more phlegm...

My father (46) has always struggled with addictions and depression, and it doesn't seem as though the diet has altered this at all. He has very low energy as well and his chronic back pain hasn't changed.

Unfortunately, we can't afford any decent meat, we basically live off supermarket mince (20%). We used to get brasising steak and suet from the butchers, until we found out they freeze all their suet.
I include lamb liver and heart in my diet, raw milk when I can get it, raw butter (although I had to stop this, as it seems to make me break out, and causes ulcers in my moouth for some reason)
I know supermarket meat is the last source you wanna go to, but I've seen many people on this forum say it is far better than eating cooked.
I'm just so confused why we are still suffering and enegy drained, when my heart tells me this is that raw paleo is the most natural way for human to eat...

Anyone got any ideas?
I'm 22 and don't want to spend the rest of my life feeling like an old woman lol

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2 years, health not improving
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:27:06 pm »
sorry to hear... I would say fasting, or semi fasting could be one way to improve things. Meat in itself is not a magic tool that will heal everything, especially if it is low quality stuff.
Herbs, roots, etc can have a good and strong healing effect. We tend to forget that part, especially carnivores. But look at cats, they love to sample herbs and plants, because they know what their body needs.
Try to see the whole picture. And, not only what you eat, but also drinking water, exposure to other toxins, and electromagnetic pollution.

Offline political atheist

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 11:57:23 pm »
Do you have any dentistry  material in your mouth, like fillings, crowns, bridges, retainer, implants etc.etc?

Offline CircleGirl

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 04:22:53 am »
sorry to hear... I would say fasting, or semi fasting could be one way to improve things. Meat in itself is not a magic tool that will heal everything, especially if it is low quality stuff.
Herbs, roots, etc can have a good and strong healing effect. We tend to forget that part, especially carnivores. But look at cats, they love to sample herbs and plants, because they know what their body needs.
Try to see the whole picture. And, not only what you eat, but also drinking water, exposure to other toxins, and electromagnetic pollution.

Thanks for your advice, unfortunately fasting hadn't really worked in the past - it just makes me more fatigued, and because of my father's addictions, he always ends up swinging the other way and overeating..
I'll consider how I could incorporate a more holistic approach =)

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 04:52:54 am »
You can try and get yourself these 2 medicinal fungi: lions mane extract powder for the brain/depression/digestion, and cordyceps extract powder for energy/ATP/increased blood oxygen. This can work wonders. Lions mane is for nerve regeneration (regrowth) and, as far as I know, also works on/repairs spinal nerve damage. You could combine it with a liquid tincture of each (lions mane tincture can be bought wild-harvested) This would give you the full spectrum of the fungi. Most places sell dual extract, some triple (made the spagyrik-old alchemist way). Don´t go for single extract. Then, as Dair mentioned, get yourself something against EMF - go for shungite and/or the q-link (in the form of a pendant or bracelet) and don´t drink tap water. If you decide either between the extract powder (NOT the normal powder) or the tincture, go for the extract.

And as for the dosage, 1 teaspoon of extract powder once daily, after taken for a couple of days, should already show good improvements.

Offline CircleGirl

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 01:52:59 am »
Do you have any dentistry  material in your mouth, like fillings, crowns, bridges, retainer, implants etc.etc?

Hi,
Yes, I have a couple of non-mercury ones, my dad has a couple of mercury ones still in...
I also have a deepish cavatie for which I'm taking fermented cod-liver oil and clarified butter, suggested by Dr Weston Price

Offline CircleGirl

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 01:54:51 am »
Hi,
Yes, I have a couple of non-mercury ones, my dad has a couple of mercury ones still in...
I also have a deepish cavatie for which I'm taking fermented cod-liver oil and clarified butter, suggested by Dr Weston Price

I've never come across these remedies, thanks very much for the suggestion! I'll look into them =)

Offline Dingeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 11:06:20 pm »
I had the same problem as you, to a certain degree. What I found out is that I couldn't tolerate red meat. I was eating supermarket mince too and thought it was due to supposed ''bad quality'' that my health wasn't improving. When I started eating raw chicken only, without any forms of red meat, I started actually improving quickly.

Try to eat raw white meat (chicken) for a week and see if you feel better. Make sure to not eat any red meat at all in this week.

Offline CircleGirl

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 04:33:46 am »
I had the same problem as you, to a certain degree. What I found out is that I couldn't tolerate red meat. I was eating supermarket mince too and thought it was due to supposed ''bad quality'' that my health wasn't improving. When I started eating raw chicken only, without any forms of red meat, I started actually improving quickly.

Try to eat raw white meat (chicken) for a week and see if you feel better. Make sure to not eat any red meat at all in this week.

Oh, good to know! Where do you source your chicken from? I don't think I could trust supermarket poultry.
It seems strange that you can't tolerate red meat, when our ancestors would be hunting both birds, fish and mammals though. Do you think it's just the effects of previous diets causing it?

Offline Dingeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 05:29:18 pm »
Oh, good to know! Where do you source your chicken from? I don't think I could trust supermarket poultry.
It seems strange that you can't tolerate red meat, when our ancestors would be hunting both birds, fish and mammals though. Do you think it's just the effects of previous diets causing it?

I have no clue what caused it. The only one who even mentions red meat intolerance in a raw meat context is Aajonus. He says some people are riddled with adrenaline and other hormone toxicity that causes them to be susceptible to red meat (I also react strongly to caffeine, onions, garlic and most processed foods) I do also notice that his claim that this type of person gets a tan quite easily, seems to be correct in my case as well.

I buy organic chicken from the supermarkets and never had any problems with that.

Offline Infernalex

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 07:32:33 pm »
How much do you weigh?
Given that you had been vegan before, you are likely very thin.
You say that you drink raw milk when you can get it. In your state, you should probably be drinking raw milk every day.
If you have trouble digesting it, you could try adding raw honey to the raw milk.
All tribes that eat only animal foods drink a lot of raw milk, except for the Eskimos but those eat nose to tail and mostly seafood instead. You don't do any of that.
Once you have enough raw milk, you could start adding raw eggs.
Wish you the best of luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk