Author Topic: Milk-fed baby lamb livers  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Milk-fed baby lamb livers
« on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:46 am »
I went to buy my lamb organs today. It was kind of funny because the guy said, "These livers are from milk-fed baby lambs so we charge a bit more for them." I was like, "Huh, okay."

They don't charge much for their organs to begin with, but I thought it was interesting.

They're still frozen right now but I'll let you all know if they taste any better than the regular lamb livers I had been buying from them. (Which have always been really good.)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Milk-fed baby lamb livers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:41 am »
What do they feed the other baby lambs if not milk?

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 06:37:39 am »
I think they just make a point of saying that so they sound better. I don't know. The farm I get them from seems pretty good about things. Here's their website:

http://www.mintcreekfarm.com/

They have a booth at the farmers market here in Chicago. They're the only booth I go to there, and I only get organs. I get heart, liver, kidneys, and sweet breads.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 03:09:45 pm »
What do they feed the other baby lambs if not milk?

I think they really mean that the animal wasn't old enough to eat anything else yet, or that they didn't feed it fomula.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk