Author Topic: Are there any Nutarians out there...?  (Read 19222 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any Nutarians out there...?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:55 am »
Weve banned 5 or so trolls max since this forum started nearly 2 years ago,  mistakes have been made recently  but superinfinity versions 1. 2, 3 and 4 was making entertainment for himself at the expense of good people.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 10:14:19 am »
You should not ban anyone unless they are just spamming... That is dictatorship

are you aware there is more than one moderator??  try leadership

anyone should be free to say what they want and people should be able to make their minds up for themselves.
yes, they make up their minds to join this forum or not

Rather than banning someone, you should counter their words. Banning people who question you will only reduce your integrity... tsk tsk.

Most of my posts are questions.  My sincere gratitude, as they have all been thoroughly, thoughtfully, and patiently answered.

If you want people of 'different thought' to listen to you, you have to listen to people of 'different thought'.

who is asking for an audience?  i came here to learn from the experience of others under the focus of this forum. both joining and 'listening' were my choice.   should i want 'different thought' i will join the 'different thought' forum.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »
who is asking for an audience?  i came here to learn from the experience of others under the focus of this forum. both joining and 'listening' were my choice.   should i want 'different thought' i will join the 'different thought' forum.

I am a member of other forums, and I go there when I have things to post pertaining to those forums.  When si had stuff to post about tinned tuna and oatmeal cookies he/she was at the same time as posting here eating and believing in or whatever, I'm sure there are forums where that stuff could be welcomed.  One problem is that si was not welcome in any kind of forum, due to his/her behavioral posting problems.

... superinfinity versions 1. 2, 3 and 4 was making entertainment for himself at the expense of good people.

I saw that.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:13 pm »
Sorry.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 12:20:24 am »
    It's ok.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:09 am »
 ;) it's all good

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:11 pm »
You should not ban anyone unless they are just spamming... That is dictatorship, anyone should be free to say what they want and people should be able to make their minds up for themselves.

I've seen trolls ruin several forums.  If I want to hear about how great cooking or veganism are, there are hundreds of forums about those topics.  I can go to those forums and read.  RVAF forums are relatively rare, and need to be protected.  

Or, to put it another way, I am not afraid to ban.  I come hear to learn and teach raw animal food diets.  I don't mind a few questions, but, in the end, I will not take instruction from people who cling to cooking like a baby clings to its mother.  If you have a problem with that, maybe you should rethink being one of the posters on this forum. 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 12:40:13 am »
I too feel that at times you are too quick to draw...  some people like myself, to learn something new, appreciate learning why, and that is done sometimes by posting what we do believe in the moment and asking others to find what's 'wrong' with it.  Otherwise it can be simple blind  belief, and we all know where that got us.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 11:22:53 am »
I too feel that at times you are too quick to draw...  some people like myself, to learn something new, appreciate learning why, and that is done sometimes by posting what we do believe in the moment and asking others to find what's 'wrong' with it.  Otherwise it can be simple blind  belief, and we all know where that got us.

I do not find this forum particularly enjoyable to moderate.  There are about 8 posters that have taught me something.  The rest are just here, taking up my time. I don't enjoy interacting with people who simultaneously have nothing to teach me about diet, but will still argue with me on even simple points like the usefulness of raw versus cooked, or vegan versus not-vegan.  Such posters take up large amounts of my time, and clutter the forum with nonsense.  It's OK if people want to ask questions.  Arguing is OK too, on more esoteric points. 

This is not a forum for arguing about how great cooked or vegan diets are.  Maybe I'm being harsh, but I have lost patience with people who won't do their own research.  I did it, and so can they.

I really don't appreciate being argued with on the basic points of this diet. It is my assumption that anyone who comes here should already be in agreement that raw foods and animal products are important.  If not, they had better be extra, extra, EXTRA respectful and gentle, and back up everything they say. If not, I lose patience.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 12:41:59 pm »
    I don't think you can expect people to be in 'agreement' before they come 'here'.  It's not always that easy.  You and I turned our ship around many years ago, and we had our own reasons for doing so, which are probably inherently different from everyone else's.  My suggestion would be to encourage 'them' to read up, and if in doubt then, to ask specific questions that may help their fears of eating raw or animal.   It took me five years visiting Instincto in France before I'd consider eating raw meat,   and then I saw someone eating a plate of raw fat, boy did I have some inner opinions...   With Charles,  well, it was if he was looking for a fight.  I don't think we want that said about us here.   Maybe some of the other regulars can help curtail pro cooked vegan writings as well.  All the best,   Van

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 01:27:19 pm »

I really don't appreciate being argued with on the basic points of this diet. It is my assumption that anyone who comes here should already be in agreement that raw foods and animal products are important.  If not, they had better be extra, extra, EXTRA respectful and gentle, and back up everything they say. If not, I lose patience.

I know people follow patterns.  I looked up si and found him presently harassing a raw fruitarianer's forum with his beer belly, take-away fried foods etc.  I sent it to Miles.  Miles apologized.  That's over.  I didn't want to bore this forum with the endless non-sense posting of si, so I did it quiet.

I appreciate your no-nonsense way.  I have a forum of my own.  I've only banned one person.  I hate banning people.  There are about a dozen more I might benefit my forum very well to ban.  I have thought of inviting you there to be a moderator, beCAUSE you don't hesitate much to ban.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 10:52:49 am »
I do not find this forum particularly enjoyable to moderate.  There are about 8 posters that have taught me something.  The rest are just here, taking up my time.

eeeeesh, that's a little harsh ck.  I hope you can also find enjoyment, especially being a moderator, in the posters whom you have helped (presumably not part of your favored eight).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:00:11 am by Ioanna »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 11:48:07 am »
eeeeesh, that's a little harsh ck.  I hope you can also find enjoyment, especially being a moderator, in the posters whom you have helped (presumably not part of your favored eight).

I can never tell if people are listening to me, or not.  There's so little immediate feedback. Am I helping?  I have no idea, not really. LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk