Author Topic: Raw Milk Fast To Heal a Sports Injury?  (Read 3237 times)

Offline jmonkey

• Forager
    • View Profile
Raw Milk Fast To Heal a Sports Injury?
« on: January 24, 2022, 10:39:03 am »
I injured my tendon about 1.5 years ago during a yoga class. Through multiple, extended water fasts, I was able to heal it. However, I injured it again shortly after. Then I did a series of more water fasts and I thought that I had healed it, but injured it again. So I'm getting desperate as I can never seem to completely heal my shoulder, or it's because I did terrible rehabilitation exercises.

In any case, I was wondering if anyone has done a goat milk fast in order to heal some sort of tendon/muscle/tissue injury? I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Milk Fast To Heal a Sports Injury?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 04:46:02 am »
Some years ago I overdid it in the gym. Didn´t warm up, went 2 hours swimming than lifted weights straight after. Intuition told me to stop, but I was on fire and things fucked up. I felt a very sharp pain in my shoulder tendon area. I couldn´t move my arm for many days. Did all kind of tests, creams, exercises but nothing helped. Ended up with surgery and many months recovery including training with a streching band. It was very annoying since I just started training again, which I enjoyed a lot, but now I had to stop. After surgery the hole in the tendon was "fixed aka sewed, but I always had that shoulder pain when I trained, even many months after surgery. It became frustrating, as I could only train so much. I also noticed that I had less muscle mass in that area, because it was at a spot that controls all the main shoulder muscles going down. Long story short I went on a carnivore diet consisting of cooked meat (mainly beef and lamb ground, and chicken legs), rendered fats (pork lard and goose fat) raw and cooked eggs and lots raw dairy (mainly goat milk but also cow milk). It took only a couple of weeks, maybe 2-3 and the pain was gone, my muscles built up and I had a tremendous amount of strenght. Basically that fixed my shoulder issue.

Offline jmonkey

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 09:53:47 pm »
Some years ago I overdid it in the gym. Didn´t warm up, went 2 hours swimming than lifted weights straight after. Intuition told me to stop, but I was on fire and things fucked up. I felt a very sharp pain in my shoulder tendon area. I couldn´t move my arm for many days. Did all kind of tests, creams, exercises but nothing helped. Ended up with surgery and many months recovery including training with a streching band. It was very annoying since I just started training again, which I enjoyed a lot, but now I had to stop. After surgery the hole in the tendon was "fixed aka sewed, but I always had that shoulder pain when I trained, even many months after surgery. It became frustrating, as I could only train so much. I also noticed that I had less muscle mass in that area, because it was at a spot that controls all the main shoulder muscles going down. Long story short I went on a carnivore diet consisting of cooked meat (mainly beef and lamb ground, and chicken legs), rendered fats (pork lard and goose fat) raw and cooked eggs and lots raw dairy (mainly goat milk but also cow milk). It took only a couple of weeks, maybe 2-3 and the pain was gone, my muscles built up and I had a tremendous amount of strenght. Basically that fixed my shoulder issue.

Awesome, thank you. Would you say there's a huge difference between eating raw and cooked meat? It sounds like you only had cooked meat.

Can I also ask about your form of cooking and the quality of meat? Was it mostly grassfed, high-quality meat? And did you boil it, sautee it, etc?

I appreciate your response!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:01:50 pm by jmonkey »

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 07:15:06 am »
Yes, I almost only had cooked meat. There is certainly a difference between cooked and raw. Cooking destroys nutrients, enzymes, creates AGES and other toxins. I will not promote cooked meat on a RDP forum, but cooking made things tastier at last for me, and I do think that it´s important that you enjoy the smell of your food. Eating raw meat has little smell, so I was not excited as much. I´m sure thats because my taste buds are messed up and I´m addicted to the maillard reaction :) But whatever, it did the trick. The problem with chunks of beef is that the connective tissue needs to be broken down by your stomach acid, and if that one is weak you have a problem. I had constipation when I could not digest the raw meat, with cooking these connective tissues become softer and easier to digest, unless you do you steak too well done or dry it out too much.

The miced lamb and beef is easy to digest, already very small and broken down, I find it ideal for people that have low stomach acid. With the chicken leg I did have my issues, I believe it was due to the low bile production of my liver, which breaks down the fats. Chicken is quite an unnatural food by itself, so from an evolutionary perspective I think other animals (beef, pork, lamb, wild meats...) are more recognized by the body, digested easier and utilized better. I bought almost entirely organic beef mince that had a very good taste, my lamb was from new zealand but not organic, and the chicken leg was organic (which does not say much anyway nowadays since chickens are fed usually crap grains and soy). I always did my meat on the pan, so I fried it in the fats mentioned before, sometimes I added a little bit of water so it doesnt get that dry. Certainly frying was the last healthy option, but the fastest, easiest and tastiest for me. As I fucked up my steak attempts too often (too rubbery and dry when I did them too well done) I switched to mince. The fried whole eggs I had on the side, I rarely boiled them. I think the whites are harder to digest when boiled, I noticed that the whites sometimes came up when I had to puke. Not a surprise since the whites have a high alkaline ph, that does not fit with acidic meat or egg yolks. So the smaller fried chunks were easier to digest than the big egg white chunks after boiling. I did quite some experimentation throughout the last couple of months to make meat (even harder cuts) more easy do digest. Frying is a hit and miss on big meat pieces, boiling takes long and can make it chewier, so I "discovered" that when you put meat pieces in a pyrex like glass container, fill it with around 2-3 cm of water, cover it with the same pyrex container at the top to create a kind of vaccum and put that in the oven on 140 C (over and under heat mode) for around 1 1/2 hours the meat becomes very tender. But the biggest plus I find is that the water soaks up all the collagen from the fat and cartilage, which I noticed is great to heal the intestines. Its far more efficient to put several big pieces of steak or whole chicken in the oven, instead of burning the carcinogens on the pan, it also keeps longer warm. I did try to make bone broths, but I couldnt stand the 1-2 days cooking time. Way too much hassle, so if you are into cooked meat, want that nice collagen like liquid as with broth, all it takes is roughtly 1 and a half hours to have a low temperature cooked food (the meat inside the glass container does not reach 140 C anyway I believe), that keeps warm for hours in the oven, is very soft and tastes great. Lastly, I want to say that when I did the cooked carnivore back then, I also consumed good amounts of red wine, that helped me digest my foods very well. Red wine does wonders when you have low stomach acid. Needless to say you need to be careful with alcohol.

Offline jmonkey

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 01:55:38 am »
Yes, I almost only had cooked meat. There is certainly a difference between cooked and raw. Cooking destroys nutrients, enzymes, creates AGES and other toxins. I will not promote cooked meat on a RDP forum, but cooking made things tastier at last for me, and I do think that it´s important that you enjoy the smell of your food. Eating raw meat has little smell, so I was not excited as much. I´m sure thats because my taste buds are messed up and I´m addicted to the maillard reaction :) But whatever, it did the trick. The problem with chunks of beef is that the connective tissue needs to be broken down by your stomach acid, and if that one is weak you have a problem. I had constipation when I could not digest the raw meat, with cooking these connective tissues become softer and easier to digest, unless you do you steak too well done or dry it out too much.

The miced lamb and beef is easy to digest, already very small and broken down, I find it ideal for people that have low stomach acid. With the chicken leg I did have my issues, I believe it was due to the low bile production of my liver, which breaks down the fats. Chicken is quite an unnatural food by itself, so from an evolutionary perspective I think other animals (beef, pork, lamb, wild meats...) are more recognized by the body, digested easier and utilized better. I bought almost entirely organic beef mince that had a very good taste, my lamb was from new zealand but not organic, and the chicken leg was organic (which does not say much anyway nowadays since chickens are fed usually crap grains and soy). I always did my meat on the pan, so I fried it in the fats mentioned before, sometimes I added a little bit of water so it doesnt get that dry. Certainly frying was the last healthy option, but the fastest, easiest and tastiest for me. As I fucked up my steak attempts too often (too rubbery and dry when I did them too well done) I switched to mince. The fried whole eggs I had on the side, I rarely boiled them. I think the whites are harder to digest when boiled, I noticed that the whites sometimes came up when I had to puke. Not a surprise since the whites have a high alkaline ph, that does not fit with acidic meat or egg yolks. So the smaller fried chunks were easier to digest than the big egg white chunks after boiling. I did quite some experimentation throughout the last couple of months to make meat (even harder cuts) more easy do digest. Frying is a hit and miss on big meat pieces, boiling takes long and can make it chewier, so I "discovered" that when you put meat pieces in a pyrex like glass container, fill it with around 2-3 cm of water, cover it with the same pyrex container at the top to create a kind of vaccum and put that in the oven on 140 C (over and under heat mode) for around 1 1/2 hours the meat becomes very tender. But the biggest plus I find is that the water soaks up all the collagen from the fat and cartilage, which I noticed is great to heal the intestines. Its far more efficient to put several big pieces of steak or whole chicken in the oven, instead of burning the carcinogens on the pan, it also keeps longer warm. I did try to make bone broths, but I couldnt stand the 1-2 days cooking time. Way too much hassle, so if you are into cooked meat, want that nice collagen like liquid as with broth, all it takes is roughtly 1 and a half hours to have a low temperature cooked food (the meat inside the glass container does not reach 140 C anyway I believe), that keeps warm for hours in the oven, is very soft and tastes great. Lastly, I want to say that when I did the cooked carnivore back then, I also consumed good amounts of red wine, that helped me digest my foods very well. Red wine does wonders when you have low stomach acid. Needless to say you need to be careful with alcohol.

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll probably be trying a mix between cooked and raw meat depending on the source I can get it from, and hoping that it heals my shoulder. I've been doing raw carnivore for about 2 weeks, and it's feeling a little bit better, but I know it will take time to heal. Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk