Author Topic: Is it okay to eat raw beef liver only?  (Read 3475 times)

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
Is it okay to eat raw beef liver only?
« on: March 27, 2022, 09:56:29 pm »
Hi. I live in S. Korea and the beef here is beyond expensive. The only affordable beef I can get seems to be the beef liver. And it tastes really, really good. Is it okay for someone to just eat raw liver only without nutrient deficiencies? Thanks.

Offline MarkR

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Is it okay to eat raw beef liver only?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 05:21:07 pm »
I think it will not be possible to miss any micro nutrients when eating only raw liver.

I would however be concerned about macro nutrients. Liver is mostly protein with a little bit of carb, but there will be no/very little fat on it. So i would find an animal fat source to add to your liver. When eating so many nutrients in the form of beef liver, your body will need a proper supply of fat to get rid of the toxins you will be detoxing. And also you will need a fuel source in general, and fat will be very good for that.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 12:54:59 am »
According to MDs, it's risky to overeat liver, particularly raw, which supposedly leads to excessive vitamin A accumulation. I don't know if this is true or not but you should investigate the possibility that it could be.

All modern cases of vitamin A poisoning I know of came from pills. But I was told that the signs could also be seen in fossils of prehistoric humans who consumed raw liver. I don't know if that's true either.

I know in places like Svalvard where it's considered ok (and even encouraged) to hunt polar bears, hunters take the liver out of the carcass and bury it. Supposedly to prevent vitamin A poisoning in dogs, since polar bear liver is supposed to be superloaded with it.

AV always said that organs, particularly liver, of sick animals was a bad idea because it was full of toxins.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 07:12:25 am »
Thanks, MarkR. I will look into that pronto. But so far it's been 3 days and 2 nights since I only ate liver, I feel super. I sleep less but feel healthy, and I feel good eating less of the liver, but most importantly, my severe, severe fatigue has just gone out the window after the very first meal. But I'm going to heed your words about the fat intake.

Dariorpl, I've heard of the first 3 paragraphs you've explained. But not about AV. As I've said above, I don't feel weird in any way so far. Maybe some time has to pass before I notice the overconsumption of vit A? We'll have to wait and see.

I'm glad to be in this forum with like minded people. I wasn't allowed to eat raw meat because of my fathwr's concerns until now. This raw meat diet has helped me as much as what one can do.

Offline MarkR

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 08:47:10 pm »
You should never eat sick animals. But indeed, for organ meets everybody says there could be more risks due to toxin. Just make sure you eat healthy animals so you do not have to worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about Vit A toxicity. Your body will tell you when it is time to stop eating/eat something else. So always remain watchful of how you feel. As far as i heard: the vit A toxicity from liver is just to fear monger everybody away from healthy food.

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 01:37:01 pm »
I was thinking the same.

I started eating grass fed butter. My body naturally craved it. Before I started eating raw liver, I was sick of butter for about a month and a half to two months due to overeating it. But my body has created an affinity for butter again. It may be because of the raw primal diet.

I eat Lurpak butter by the way. It's crowned as the world's best tasting butter if you guys are interested.

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 07:27:21 pm »
I eat Lurpak butter by the way. It's crowned as the world's best tasting butter if you guys are interested.

It is not raw butter as far as I know, made from pasteurised milk. I would avoid it.

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 10:31:06 pm »
I wish there was an alternative. But unfortunately, there is no raw dairy in S. Korea, the place where I reside. It's better than no butter, so... :P

Offline tonyvee

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 03:20:03 pm »

I would rather have no butter than pasteurised butter. Would you be able to supplement with other raw animal fats instead of this butter ?

Offline alvinsujinkim92

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 03:47:51 pm »
I don't see any other option, unfortunately. :/

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 09:54:57 am »
I would definitely rather have food than no food. Carnivore is better than primal without enough food to eat. I'm 6'9" so it's not always practical for me to eat primal and consume enough calories. There is a new "primal" influencer everyone is claiming in Facebook carnivore groups is full of roids who claims to be fully natty. He really doesn't look natural at all but he's only 5'7" I think he could be legit. I'm going to make another thread on the topic.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2022, 09:56:42 am »
The only alternative to access raw dairy in Korea would probably be to visit any local dairies you can find. I haven't researched Korea but I read about organic dairies in Hokaido if I remember right.

Offline Conor

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2022, 08:18:03 pm »
Just try it out and see how you feel theres no need to look for validation from us to experiment

Offline Rika Mama

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 08:50:04 pm »
I generally ate it, and it seemed to be okay. But it gets boring very quickly. According to doctors, it's dangerous to overeat liver, especially raw liver, which supposedly leads to an excessive accumulation of vitamin A. I don't know if this is true or not, but you should explore the possibility that it could be.
It's still best to cook liver before consuming it. And it's better to eat meat in its raw form.

Offline Rika Mama

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2022, 11:54:12 pm »
I generally ate it, and it seemed to be okay. But it gets boring very quickly. According to doctors, it's dangerous to overeat liver, especially raw liver, which supposedly leads to an excessive accumulation of vitamin A. I don't know if this is true or not, but you should explore the possibility that it could be.
It's still best to cook liver before consuming it. And it's better to eat meat in its raw form.
By the way, I generally order food through delivery. And I have a favorite food delivery. So they have amazing liver on the menu. And they have raw meat too, which is amazing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk