Author Topic: unheated honey  (Read 1065 times)

Offline agarwaen

• Forager
    • View Profile
unheated honey
« on: December 09, 2022, 04:12:18 pm »
so i managed to find a source of unheated honey. the guy says they don’t filter it, mix it nor heat it, that the honey is untouched and just what the bees have made it to be. so, i am wondering now if there is a way to test it, since i hate blindly believing what most people say. so far it seems fine, the honey doesn’t disrupt my digestion if i don’t eat too much of it(one day i really ate too much lol and my digestion wasn’t as great as usually), as the conventional honey does, but i’m still not convinced. is there any way to test the honey in some way for signs that would indicate it was heated or processed?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: unheated honey
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 08:19:01 pm »
so i managed to find a source of unheated honey. the guy says they don’t filter it, mix it nor heat it, that the honey is untouched and just what the bees have made it to be. so, i am wondering now if there is a way to test it, since i hate blindly believing what most people say. so far it seems fine, the honey doesn’t disrupt my digestion if i don’t eat too much of it(one day i really ate too much lol and my digestion wasn’t as great as usually), as the conventional honey does, but i’m still not convinced. is there any way to test the honey in some way for signs that would indicate it was heated or processed?

There are a few things you could do, but none is entirely reliable.

In my experience, if you eat truly raw honey alone, you will feel a weird sensation in your stomach, and it might even make you feel lightheaded. Heated honey doesn't cause this, or doesn't cause it as much.

Raw honey tends to crystallize more easily than heated honey.

If heated a lot, honey tends to become clearer.

Unfiltered honey will have bits of debris in it, that's the reason it is regularly filtered, to remove any impurities.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline agarwaen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 08:18:59 pm »
well, the honey is fully crystallized and i got it as such, though the producer could’ve just cooled it to a low temperature beforehand, and i do get some lightheaded feeling from it, though i’m not sure if it’s just the sugar rush, but one of my teeth started hurting yesterday every time i tried to eat it alone, so i think i’ll stop eating it, at least for a while. as i have understood it, aajonus said that unheated honey can’t destroy your teeth, so it might be a sign that the honey i got might have been heated and most enzymes destroyed

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 09:00:56 pm »
Try to get some raw honeycomb then. That's almost always unheated, as heating it would defeat the purpose.

However, it could have bad things added to it, or been contaminated by. The bees may have been fed sugar / HFCS, and the flowers the bees ate from may have been sprayed. Many beekeepers also use pesticides and other chemicals to control pests, and almost all of them use smoke to more easily manage the bees.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline agarwaen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 11:56:07 pm »
well, i guess that’s the price of living in the modern day and age. thanks anyway!

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 12:47:51 am »
You could always move to a rural area and keep your own bees.

Or, get to know your farmers/beekeepers really well, and then you know if you can trust them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk