Author Topic: clinical kinesiology  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
clinical kinesiology
« on: July 23, 2009, 01:30:43 am »
I think that is what it's called... muscle testing? 

I had it done yesterday just because I had the opportunity to, but the point was that the N.D. would then fill you up on supplements, which I didn't go for. I've read some on muscle testing (Power vs Force by Hawkins), and think it's interesting, but it seemed like such an 'operation' too. I tested most weak for my adrenals, which could very well be so or could be a trendy thing to say. I tested weak in about 50% of whatever was on the worksheet being used.  So, I'm either a serious train wreck or this stuff is bunk.  Apparently I also have 'stress rings' in my eyes, I don't know what that means.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: clinical kinesiology
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 02:01:21 am »
I have played around with it for several years.  The only way muscle-testing is useful is if it's a double-blind, meaning that nobody knows which substance is being tested until after the test is done.  It has its usefulness.

I don't know what he means by "stress rings".  He could be referring to iridology, or something on your skin, or maybe even something else. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:06:23 am »
    The stress rings probably mean you need more exercise.  The muscle testing, I like, but take it or leave it, it's not that big.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:52:18 am »
There is an alternative health doctor we consulted and he uses muscle testing as his primary diagnostic tool.  He was a raw foodist too.  I just did not agree with a couple of things he recommended:

- tons of his supplements
- too much salt
- he wanted plain faucet water

I got his book.  Needs a lot of training to learn.

I take his analysis with a grain of salt.  This was for my boy.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: clinical kinesiology/ALF lightwire
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:18:49 pm »

My mum took me to a kinesiologist when I was a teenager! I was struggling at school etc  :D

She told me I had some traumatic experience at some age or another but couldn't think of anything. I did get a weird sensation when she put the light thing against my fore head though.

Pretty much stopped going to school towards the end and still scraped into uni...then failed uni :D

I'm more open to this sort of stuff lately such as Alexander technique/ALF appliance. I'm actually quite keen on the ALF and will give it a shot which is a big call for a skeptic like myself.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

William

Re: clinical kinesiology/ALF lightwire
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 03:51:44 am »
My mum took me to a kinesiologist when I was a teenager! I was struggling at school etc  :D

She told me I had some traumatic experience at some age or another but couldn't think of anything.

It's called childhood. If that doesn't do it, the teenage years will.
IMHO most of us have PTSD.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:12:58 am »
lol
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk