Author Topic: MINERAL WATER?  (Read 2943 times)

Offline SAV

• Forager
    • View Profile
MINERAL WATER?
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:12:02 am »
Hi guys - I 've read quiet a few threads where some of you guys talk about drinking mineral water - is this carbonated regular supermarket stuff or regular flat natural springwater?

How would you guys incorporate it into you diet - with food or on its own?

Many thanks  Sav

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: MINERAL WATER?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 02:21:41 pm »
In my region there is a free access to oligocene water - you can get it in special water intakes
I never drink while I eat, as I don't need it and my stomach doesn't feel good with that kind of combination; so I drink it on its own, usually adding a little bit of Himalayan salt
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: MINERAL WATER?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 06:15:43 am »
I am just now discovering mineral water, as I try to fine tune that aspect of my diet. Some of the things I am reading are amazing, such as the following from http://www.aquamaestro.com/innerview.asp?catid=11:

Fiuggi water is a natural, oligomineral water that pervades tufaceous (calcareous and siliceous rock deposits) hollows beneath the spas of Fiuggi. Exotic stuff. The scientific effect is a filtering action that purifies and reduces mineralization in the water, while creating a potent diuretic chemistry. Fiuggi is prescribed in Italy for expulsion of kidney stones, and supposedly inhibits their formation; it is also indicated during preparation urinary calculosis procedures and post-op treatment. In all, there's little question that Fiuggi is beneficial for the kidneys and urinary tract, and it is also effective against uric acid in general, which is the basis of gout and uratic arthropathies. Fiuggi was the official water of JUBILEE 2000, and it is rumored to be the choice at the Vatican.

Wow, mineral water that is useful for getting rid of kidney stones. I wonder if other mineral waters might have curative properties.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk