Author Topic: whoa fatty  (Read 3895 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
whoa fatty
« on: June 14, 2008, 04:21:38 am »
well, I cut out fruit this week and have noticed that i have been serving up the fats

i feel better without the fruit for sure, have less mental obsession for food and less cravings

basically I have been eating 1-2 times in the morning
raw buffalo or lamb, raw cheese avg 4-6 oz

2-4 times a week I have some raw cacao powder in the blender
i don't find myself hungry later but sometimes have some raw greens or tomato in the evening

my energy is good for certain kinds of exercise:  hot yoga much better with the meat vs. carbs but my cardio is really suffering
I like spin class 2-4 times per week and have noticed that my resistance work is stronger but I can not get into the sprints
(i have noticed this before.....when I went into carbs/ fruit ....I felt much lighter and was much much faster!)

but i polished off a whole canister of raw/sprouted flax this week and this morning I ate about 3-4 ounces of coconut butter as well as 1-2 ounces of cheese

I am about 10-20lbs overweight and no matter what it is hard to budge this weight, It came on at puberty and i have only really burnied through ALL of it one time in my adult life.  the times i lose it are if i am traveling and having lots of adventure and freedom

I would like to eventually get to moderation with both the fat and the carbs.  Like 2-3 Tablespoons of good fat per day and 1-2 servings of low GI fruit

any ideas??

Satya

Re: whoa fatty
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:59:00 am »
basically I have been eating 1-2 times in the morning
raw buffalo or lamb, raw cheese avg 4-6 oz

2-4 times a week I have some raw cacao powder in the blender
i don't find myself hungry later but sometimes have some raw greens or tomato in the evening

my energy is good for certain kinds of exercise:  hot yoga much better with the meat vs. carbs but my cardio is really suffering
I like spin class 2-4 times per week and have noticed that my resistance work is stronger but I can not get into the sprints
(i have noticed this before.....when I went into carbs/ fruit ....I felt much lighter and was much much faster!)

but i polished off a whole canister of raw/sprouted flax this week and this morning I ate about 3-4 ounces of coconut butter as well as 1-2 ounces of cheese

I am about 10-20lbs overweight and no matter what it is hard to budge this weight, It came on at puberty and i have only really burnied through ALL of it one time in my adult life.  the times i lose it are if i am traveling and having lots of adventure and freedom

I would like to eventually get to moderation with both the fat and the carbs.  Like 2-3 Tablespoons of good fat per day and 1-2 servings of low GI fruit

any ideas??

I have questions about the food intake.  You say "raw buffalo or lamb, raw cheese avg 4-6 oz" is that total, or just cheese is 4-6 oz.  If the latter, please advise on your meat intake.

Many Buddhists eat only in the morning.  Is this something you like?  I tend to eat after 12 noon - first a light meal, then more substantial.

I am an active Bo-Dan (black belt in waiting) in Taekwondo and eat very low carb.  I went all raw a week ago and lost 3 lbs. of fat.  I am sure it is fat as I look smaller and I am still strong and perform jump kicks, flying kicks, free sparring at 90 seconds a round, etc. all with no fatigue more than normal.  Often I exercise without eating at noon, otherwise I have the small meal then workout.  My speed and power are fine, and I am sure with 10 lbs. less on my body, they will increase for me!  So long as I keep the muscle.

I would suggest really looking at calories as well as carb for weight loss on the raw paleo diet.  Cheese and nuts are things I have had to basically drop from my diet to start shedding the weight with an ever present active lifestyle.  I may have nuts, but if I do, then that is the first meal.  These foods are easy to eat a ton of without feeling full.  I stick with meats, veg, and non-sweet fruits.  And I have resorted to counting what I am eating in terms of weight and calories, just so that I can see what is working and what is not.

When are you going sailing, you lucky one?

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 10:29:33 am »
Also keep in mind the keto-adaptation period, which last about two-weeks - during which time your body becomes more efficient at burning fat rather that carbs. It's no surprise that your cardio is suffering since your muscles have been used to burning carbs that are no longer there. Once your body becomes fat-adapted, you'll feel like you can go on forever doing cardio. There is a limited supply of glycogen but even lean people have many more calories in fat stores.

Craig

Offline whitebuffalo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 01:29:34 am »
Satya, I think we may operate in a parallel physiology.  The times I feel best and lose weight are with meat/veg/and non-sweet fruit ONLY in the past I have done this and included 2 TBS of flax oil a day and a GLA supplement for healthy fats.  I think I may have to be going back to this total structure.

for meat i eat 4-6 ounces but for cheese i have been eating 4-6 ounces on top of that!

i know i am eating waaaaaay too much fat for ANY body and damn I can see it hanging there.  I have started bikram yoga and that mirror hides nothing.  I have been resisting dieting again because I don't want to get so mental about food anymore....I want to evolve to naturally to doing what is best for my body.  As I have found with drinking/smoking/etc when I change....the behavior changes.

I can see that this has happened to some degree with food but nuts and seeds and fat seem to still get me greedy

congratulations on your dedication to the martial arts!  that is for real. 

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:33:58 am »
whitebuffalo, if nuts and seeds are causing you to gain fat perhaps it's the carbs in them and not the fat. The only way to tell would be to cut out carbs and see if you keep the fat; of course during that time you would have to still enjoy liberal fats or else you won't know if you can lose fat while eating lots of fat.

Satya

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 02:13:05 am »
i know i am eating waaaaaay too much fat for ANY body and damn I can see it hanging there.  I have started bikram yoga and that mirror hides nothing.  I have been resisting dieting again because I don't want to get so mental about food anymore....I want to evolve to naturally to doing what is best for my body.  As I have found with drinking/smoking/etc when I change....the behavior changes.

I can see that this has happened to some degree with food but nuts and seeds and fat seem to still get me greedy

congratulations on your dedication to the martial arts!  that is for real. 

Namaskar whitebuffalo!  I am a fan of yoga as well.  I must confess my practice has suffered major neglect due to not enough time in a day.  Inversions are what I need most right now.  I have never done Bikram's style; Iyengar has been my mainstay.  The martial arts developed from yoga, and I have found the practice of Taekwondo to provide an intense yogic feeling for me.  But it is lacking in the inverted poses.  I feel if I could just get back to a regular practice of hand, head and shoulder balance, I would be more complete.

But yes, we have some things in common.  Nuts and cheese being our deadly enemies. ;)  And now I have family holiday fun coming up.  WIsh me luck on avoiding the pitfalls of too many snackie foods.  May I be a good girl and stick with the meat and veggies and go without the tempting crap!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk