Author Topic: Mixed meats in 1 sitting  (Read 4463 times)

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
Mixed meats in 1 sitting
« on: October 11, 2009, 01:05:15 am »
I have ground bison & a left over chunk of grass-fed fat. Bison is very lean & would like to add some fat. I was thinking of adding olive oil but would like some tips before I do that. I might just add a few chips of the beef fat to the ground bison so I can see how I tolerate it.

In the past when ever I ate cooked mixed animal fats(bacon & hamburger) although it taste great it would leave me bloated & get the runs the next day. Now I've been eating raw meat for about 5 months. I'll vary the meat I eat throughout the week but I haven't mixed any in 1 sitting yet. I know it's tough for our stomach to digest vegetables & meat in one sitting. Just not sure if it's okay with mixed meats. Can anyone post tips or their experience with this?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Mixed meats in 1 sitting
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:58:43 am »
I have ground bison & a left over chunk of grass-fed fat. Bison is very lean & would like to add some fat. I was thinking of adding olive oil but would like some tips before I do that. I might just add a few chips of the beef fat to the ground bison so I can see how I tolerate it.
I don't have links to back it up but I've seen a number of people recommend against olive oil here on the forum.

In the past when ever I ate cooked mixed animal fats(bacon & hamburger) although it taste great it would leave me bloated & get the runs the next day.
I'd chalk this up to not secreting enough bile to break all the fat down. I experienced the same as I ate more fat in my first few weeks. Even now I'll get watery bowel movements if I get too much fat in a day although that threshold is much higher now.

I know it's tough for our stomach to digest vegetables & meat in one sitting. Just not sure if it's okay with mixed meats. Can anyone post tips or their experience with this?
I've never had a problem with this. We have trouble digesting a mixed meal of meats and non-meats as we use different competing enzymes to break them down. Different types of meat shouldn't have an issue since we're using the same enzymes to break them down.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 03:53:31 am »
yeah, i've eaten chicken and beef in the same sitting without problems. i think one time i combined beef with salmon and it didnt digest as well but not a big problem or anything. i try not to eat eggs with my meats though

Offline Donnyten

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 05:41:57 am »
why not eat eggs with meats?

just curious because thats what i've been doing for the past few days

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 06:13:53 am »
well i seem to remember the combination not digesting too well for me. if you feel fine though, i wouldn't worry about it. i think eggs in general don't digest that well for me (especially the whites).

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 06:32:05 am »
    I usually don't mix eggs with meat either.

I couldn't tolerate whites the first several months of RAF.  Something must have strengthened in me, because I tolerate both yolk and white as well as each other now.  I'm not sure about whites with meat though, as I really don't combine them.  I drink raw milk and if I combine, the combination is usually milk and egg.

Olive oil doesn't work as well for me as animal fat in general.  I don't maintain my body temperature as well with oil, and I get dehydrated.

I do combine meats in a meal occasionally, I've noticed no problem.

I don't do raw surf and turf either, no reason, just haven't tried yet.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 09:54:10 pm »
When I first went rawpalaeo my digestive system was so destroyed that I found that I was less able to digest raw animal foods if I ate a mixed meal of different types of meat, with digestion-times being longer.So I suspect there is a slight difference.

Re olive-oil:-  I find that oils are easily damaged. Better to eat raw olives instead.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:46 am »
    On Timpone today, aajonus was explaining that in nature foods have maybe 7 to 10% fat.  Also that extracting oils therefore is unnatural, as there is not oil (a food of 100% fat) in nature.  He also said that stone pressing to get the oil, it never is warmed above 82 degrees Fahrenheit, but any other extraction method there is no guarantee how high the temperature gets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk