Author Topic: Recording what you eat  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Recording what you eat
« on: October 13, 2009, 12:21:10 am »
This may be elementary for some people, but kind of a new take on it for me.

When I was eating a moderate carb, healthyish diet I was very good about only sticking to the foods I wanted to eat. I hardly ever ate snacks or treats.

Since trying to switch to raw paleo, I find myself eating loads of takeaway and bad foods. There might be a variety of reasons...not having food in the house, carb cravings, psychological need for familiarity. Not sure which is most important.

However, I've decided the way to make progress is to be honest about where I'm at now and record what I eat. Today I used fitday to record the pasta, tuna, butter, biscuits etc I ate and can look at the macronutrient breakdown.

I will try and accept what I do without judgement and gradually change to raw paleo high fat. So I'm starting with the amount of carbs I eat now...I'll eat raw paleo meals and try and stick to raw fruit and less bad carbs like tubers...then I'm going to try switching to fat over a period of some months..recording what I eat.

peace out.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Recording what you eat
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:03:16 am »
I don't see how it can be difficult to stick to eating only raw fruit and similiar healthy raw carbs. But then I seem to recall that you were trying raw, zero-carb for a time, which would definitely increase carb-cravings.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:59:43 am »
Yeh could be that. I find fruit very moreish though.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 11:06:45 pm »
I think the point is for me that whatever the reasons, I do do these things. Rather than having loads of 'false starts' and feeling guilty, if I just record what I do without judgement then I won't attach loads of negative emotions to it and can have an accurate picture of how to change.

You have to accept how you are before you can change it and all that

It's actually turning up some interesting results for me. Last few days, I've just recorded the carby eating. I assumed the calorie ratio would be much more carb, but the stats show that it's slightly over 50% fat, with that being equally divided between saturated and monounsaturated. So that's my starting point.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:10:31 am by Josh »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:04:40 am »
Ya same thing here. There's always an excuse, like for instance now I have this new girlfriend and it's nice to go out to eat and so hard to find anything appropriate, so you eat something not on the diet. But like you said, instead of trying to explain it away or pretend like it doesn't happen, it's best just to do the best you can and integrate everything in your diet rather than trying to segregate. I think it might be better to add some of the healthier cooked foods and carbs, like a cooked paleo type thing, to your daily raw meat eating then to try and go full bore raw paleo or zero carb and end up binging on total crap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk