Author Topic: ajonous vonderplanitz coming to toronto,ON oct 25-26  (Read 15694 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: ajonous vonderplanitz coming to toronto,ON oct 25-26
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 03:20:12 pm »
IIRC he got the idea from Inuit who wrapped a piece of meat in fat, then  skin, and buried in dirt covered with rocks so scavengers would not get it.

I've made it in the refrigerator, and I've made it in a clay urn outside the refrigerator.  There were definite differences, but I didn't put it under a microscope.  I have posted on the forum about some of my high meat culturing experiences.  Thank you for all your information above.  If you don't hunt, what skin do you recommend?  I only get small pieces of skin on my meat.  I don't have a leather jacket, not that I would trust commercial leather like that.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 04:38:23 pm »

About the tribe, I think it could be one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Groups_of_Palawan

Now anyone care to go there and check them out?  :)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 09:26:55 am »
OK, thanks. I doubt that anyone here relies on a single reporter or news service. I certainly don't get that impression from anyone who has posted in this thread.

One reason I have to ask more questions about Aajonus and his views than other diet gurus/exponents is that there is not a lot of free info about him available online other than a few critical articles and a few positive ones that I've found and he charges big money for his consultations. I usually do a lot of my own research, because there is lots more free info available about other raw and Paleo diets and their advocates. I'll probably buy his book at some point, but I've still got others to read.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 09:47:51 pm »
i don't mind to check my toddler with ajonous. i don't see any kids are following paleolithic diet like my toddler. for peace of my mind...
bugs or country chickens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk