Author Topic: What's so great about AV?  (Read 5899 times)

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
What's so great about AV?
« on: October 24, 2009, 08:43:46 am »
 Don't get me wrong. In no way am I challenging his perspective on RVAF. I personally think that a RVAF diet in general is the most ideal. Simply because it was there since our beginning. In no way am I trying to shake the grounds of this sub forum. If I am! Mods, please delete/move & warn me.  I'm simply looking for opinions of others to help me understand  about the Primal diet's author.

About AV.As far as my limited research, He helped me validate the utilization of raw meat. But I do not find him(or any other Guru) trustworthy. I only question him because when watching his video's. I found that he gave different answers to different sources to how he got started on RVAF or his Primal diet. Ex; 1. was a dream with an old Indian chief,2. was when he spent time with eskimos,3. he was trying to kill himself.  Instead of stating that all 3 lead him to raw meat. He also comes off as a con artist(to many claims without any proof.)

I'm not doubting his diet. I would like to read some response on how Primal Diet effected you(pos or neg) & your thoughts about the author's credibility or anything else that'll help me understand the Primal Diets composer.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What's so great about AV?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 12:43:46 pm »
I am an Aajonus fan and below is why I think Aajonus Vondeplanitz is great:

Aajonus Vonderplanitz is a HEALER.

Aajonus Vonderplanitz has gone around diets and through experience 30+ years with himself and his many patients, he came up with the Primal Diet that for himself and his patients works pretty well.

Aajonus is a self experimentor and tireless researcher.

Even if raw dairy does not work for me, it does work for others.

Aajonus does look into some historical diets, but he cares most is what works today, in the present.

Aajonus has lots of tricks and ideas about how food can be potent medicine.

Aajonus is a very valuable resource of healing information.

In my list of healers, Aajonus is on of the top healers I respect.

It was Aajonus' books that opened my eyes to the viability of eating raw land animals and to the importance of raw fats and to eat a high raw fat diet.

With Aajonus' teachings I am able to minimize / eliminate the use of herbal medicine as food is a potent, safer bet.

In the healing of sick people, nutrition is number 1 and Aajonus' ideas deliver.

The only reason I stumbled into raw paleo diet is because in my googling i stumbled on Aajonus Vonderplanitz.  His name and his writings about raw meat and raw fats was rare a few years ago when the word RAW FOOD was being equated with RAW VEGAN idiocy.

Aajonus writings may have saved many, many, many people from the insanity of RAW VEGANism.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 04:16:03 pm »
Topics critical of the Primal Diet should not be had in the Primal Diet forum, but in other forums like general discussion(more rawpalaeo than primal, generally) or hot topics/zero-carb/omnivore. I'll move it there.

As regards Aajonus' truly weird utterings etc., I think he does this deliberately so as to create a kind of mythology/cult around the Primal Diet(sort of like the Bible, where there are multiple different accounts and interpretations of the same event).One has to bear in mind that Aajonus' main audience consists of the New-Age-friendly "alternative" people in California, especially around the Los Angeles area, that sort lap up Aajonus' stuff without question.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:46:17 pm »
Thanks for the reply s. That clarified allot.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:40:47 pm »
I also think Geoff Purcell should be recognized as one of the tireless crusaders of the raw food movement. ;)
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:47:14 pm »
His site was what lead me here. I was actually looking up raw feeding for my dog when I bumped into Rawpaleodiet.com.

Offline Kokki

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 12:39:24 am »
He has very healthy, deep red skin with eternal tan - I would say that it takes almost lifetime to get the same from anyone else. The remaining hair are like a wire. Incredible eyes. Muscularity. Mental sharpness.

Regards,
Jealous and white as a ghost

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 12:49:26 am »
I also think Geoff Purcell should be recognized as one of the tireless crusaders of the raw food movement. ;)

i second that

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 07:59:32 pm »
His site was what lead me here. I was actually looking up raw feeding for my dog when I bumped into Rawpaleodiet.com.

Actually, GoodSamaritan is in charge of rawpaleodiet.com . Before that, it used to be maintained/owned by Craig Bates.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 11:44:32 pm »
what happened to this craig guy? is he still rpd? why's he not here anymore?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09:05 am »
what happened to this craig guy? is he still rpd? why's he not here anymore?

It's a long story. But one reason, apparently, was that Craig got a bit tired of all the site-maintenance involved - and there was an unnecessary  dispute with another former member which made him feel that the whole business was just too time-consuming. Craig is still RPD(raw zero-carb in his case), he didn't leave due to dietary differences.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:23:41 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk