Author Topic: Tentative Invitation  (Read 9703 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Tentative Invitation
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:51:43 am »
I'm seriously considering inviting RVAFers to meet up at my Italian villa on the Italian Riviera(c.20 beds). The catches are that I have a timesharing arrangement with 2 other families, which means I only get 1 month out of every 3 there, potentially(next year, I have May and August, in the summer). Also, my mother who owns the property, has a very dim view of anyone following an alternative lifestyle(due to bad experiences in the 60s/70s with various drug-crazed hippies, she views anyone following an unconventional lifestyle, re diet or anything else, as being a "freeloading p*******" etc.) In other words, it would be a case of "bring your own food, pay minimal amount for electricity/water" etc. Oh, and there's no real organic meat market in Italy, just wildcaught seafood(generally expensive), organic, free-range eggs(of low-quality, IMO) and some uncertified grassfed horsemeat.

(The signature-photo  on my posts is of the garden in that villa, with the sea below. It's a massive place, with a huge garden, and access to the sea(very rare in that part of Italy). Of course, it may be years before we have enough European members willing to turn up , so this idea may be very  premature).* photo since updated to a different photo of another place etc.*
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:22:10 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Tentative Invitation
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:03:15 am »
Sounds rad. I'm thinking of visiting Europe in the near future, I have relatives in Sweden. It's a remote possibility I could somehow put those two things together.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 07:13:23 am »
It may be a premature idea Tyler but you could certainly count me in for that!  It would be fantastic to meet up with not only our European RAFers but also any of our US friends who could make the trip over.  It would be great to meet you Kyle and anyone else who could make it over!
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:22:06 am »
im graduating from college in May and am planning on doing some traveling. i've mentioned here that im going to thailand late this summer but if this meetup is before or after that i would definitely consider making a trip over there

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:06 pm »
I don't know if this is still an idea, but I have August free and would be cool to have a raw paleo holiday.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 04:21:25 pm »
I don't know if this is still an idea, but I have August free and would be cool to have a raw paleo holiday.
Sorry, August got removed and July substituted instead, among other unwelcome changes - I have a timeshare arrangement with some very pushy relatives who always demand August. Perhaps another time.

Must get some different photos for my signature for a change. Maybe of the road near the family cottage in Port, Donegal.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:58 pm »
Cool. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Josh

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:48:17 am »
Despite time-sharing arrangements, I have managed, recently, to  convince other foolish time-share-owners of my own family  that it would be OK for other guests to spend a few days(2-3 days) in my lovely Italian villa in Northern Italy on the coast. I presume that means that only those in the South of France or Northern Italy would be able/willing to attend, for now.  I should mention that, currently,  we have Purcell family times in June/September/December 2011, and, in the next year, April/July/October 2012. Maybe, over a long while, I might extend the stay to 2 to 4 weeks at a time? Who knows?....

Whatever the case:-

a):-  Raw food sources of the highest quality, in that area,  are dubious at best, and usually very expensive and not too all-pervasive. There is an ueber-expensive local fish-market, a cheapish
horse-flesh butcher's(I think it's mostly grassfed), and that's about it.Fluent, Italian-speakers will have the further option of driving into the hills and requesting raw, whole goat-carcasses dirt-cheap, maybe.

b):-  Anyone wanting special, raw juices, had better bring along a veggie-juice-maker of some sort, of their own.

c):-  Guests will have to pay 5 pounds sterling per night, in total, for all of electricity/gas/water per individual per day and the like. This is to convince my Mother that you are not sponging hippies, as she, given past experiences/prejudices, feels, for some bizarre reason, that all such(free-thinking) people are like that....

I will provide further photos of the villa, from photobucket if asked.......
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:54:53 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 04:26:08 am »
A meeting in Liguria is a great idea!

I could bring a truckload of wild boar form the Black Forest.

And to calm your mother we should make suit and tie mandatory! hehe
And of course, we only eat from silver plates, right?

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:44:13 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 05:46:35 am »
A meeting in Liguria is a great idea!

I could bring a truckload of wild boar form the Black Forrest.

And to calm your mother we should make suit and tie mandatory! hehe
And of course, we only eat from silver plates, right?

Löwenherz

Well, I think she'd draw the line at us using any of the expensive plates we still have around in that property.

Next year may well be the best option as we get July, then.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 04:54:27 am »
  Well, I think she'd draw the line at us using any of the expensive plates we still have around in that property.

Oh, äh, nao comprendo, nix english, what does "she'd draw the line at us" mean??

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 04:56:44 am »
Oh, äh, nao comprendo, nix english, what does "she'd draw the line at us" mean??

Löwenherz

"Forbid".
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 05:17:54 am »
"Forbid".

Ok, but then she shouldn't complain about some non-British table manners, right? Some photos of Mr. Hannibal from Poland just came to my mind...

To avoid such terrible cruelties I will bring some Solicut cutlery.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:11:20 am by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk