Author Topic: awesome Crossfit workout.  (Read 26303 times)

William

Re: awesome Crossfit workout.
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52:06 pm »
Pemmican is a proven and simple way of maintaining health in time of need, in our time and recent centuries for those who had fat, fire and the wit to use them.

I know of no way to prove that paleoman was too stupid to make it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 02:12:59 am »
Pemmican is a proven and simple way of maintaining health in time of need, in our time and recent centuries for those who had fat, fire and the wit to use them.

I know of no way to prove that paleoman was too stupid to make it.

Err, the fact that palaeoman had the intelligence not to use fire for 90% of the palaeolithic era would have helped maintain human health to quite an extent.

I'm always amused by the absurdity of zero-carbers recommending pemmican. I mean, pemmican is a product with a shelf-life far longer than the shelf-life of many processed supermarket ready meals, clearly being full of unhealthy heat-created toxins etc., yet there are still fools who will eat it. Plus, there's the fact that tallow is generally made for candles and soap, so it's ridiculous to use it as a food as well.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 02:34:41 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 05:16:40 am »
Err, the fact that palaeoman had the intelligence not to use fire for 90% of the palaeolithic era would have helped maintain human health to quite an extent.

Surely you mean "not to use fire for cooking"?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 04:28:34 pm »
Surely you mean "not to use fire for cooking"?
That was understood.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2009, 03:48:33 am »
You're suggesting that it was intentional decision, not convenience or lack of technology, that made people eat raw food for so long?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:41 am »
Raw meat is delicious, raw marrow from the lower leg and the the fatty back half of the tongue are amazing! Intentional and especially so in a hot climate.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2009, 06:06:42 pm »
You're suggesting that it was intentional decision, not convenience or lack of technology, that made people eat raw food for so long?

Well, there does seem evidence for  a long period between the invention of fire for warmth and the use of fire for cooking.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 05:22:29 am »
Whenever there is new technology there is the first thing it is used for, and then new applications come up.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 04:37:40 pm »
Whenever there is new technology there is the first thing it is used for, and then new applications come up.

If you look at palaeolithic history, there was first the invention of flints as tools, but inventions like nets, traps, bows and arrows,spears et al all took place c.60,000 years ago. There's a distinct gap of 100,000 to 200,000 years between the invention of fire for warmth and the use of fire for cooking. This makes sense when one realises that there is no real logical explanation for cooking, given that animals in the wild did fine on raw foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline serra01

• Forager
    • View Profile
Workout Routines
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 03:33:01 am »
This is really helpful and motivating post, as we all work with a very busy schedule so we don't get the time for our body to rest and stay fit. So its required to get some time to workout to stay fit, more effective and more efficient.
---------------------------
serra
Workout Routines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk