Author Topic: ground meat?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
ground meat?
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:21:17 pm »
I'm not to attracted to ground meat and think it's better to eat sliced meat. What do you guys think?

xylothrill

Re: ground meat?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 02:17:36 pm »
I'm really used to ground meat but I do like the texture of sliced meat as well as that you can eat the fat separately from the lean and enjoy them individually. I don't however think it's so much better as to justify its price.

Craig

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 02:36:42 pm »
Well I just get a whole chunk of meat from the butcher or farmer and eat that after cutting with a knife. I loathe raw ground meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Satya

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:57:09 pm »
I like to slice it myself.  I tried ground raw beef at the start of my RAF adventure for variety but gave it up.  It's a matter of freshness for me - the slab of muscle just has more life to it, afaic.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:31:57 pm »
The only meat I really eat is ground mince (with minced suet) I love it and really don't need variety although I eat tongue once a fortnight.
Ground beef is cheaper, easy to eat, often contains chewy bits to munch on and also has the added benefit of having more surface area so more bacteria.

On another note I'm powering along to the 4 week mark of my all meat diet now and after getting over some small hurdles I'm happy and so is my brain. Not snacking on fruit in the day and the 22 hours rest from food a day really helps keep me chilled! There is definitely something in the brain/ketosis/fasting/gut  response which has an anti stress effect.

Andrew
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 11:08:43 pm »
On another note I'm powering along to the 4 week mark of my all meat diet now and after getting over some small hurdles I'm happy and so is my brain. Not snacking on fruit in the day and the 22 hours rest from food a day really helps keep me chilled! There is definitely something in the brain/ketosis/fasting/gut  response which has an anti stress effect.

Hi Andrew.  If you find a moment to post on your 4 weeks on all meat (maybe a new topic), please do so.  I am wondering if you've noted phyical changes, and I would like to know what exactly you are eating.  You say ground meat and suet.  Does that mean only beef muscle and suet?  No organs, eggs, fish or fowl?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:30:13 pm by Satya »

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 04:25:36 am »
I get chunks of meat (always from the hip because I like to add fat - I love suet, that is still a bit bloody and has a taste of kidney - to please me). This is what I eat to give me a "floor"...then I may have a little aged organs like heart, lung, brain, spleen, liver...or a treat like horse marrow.

I like to eat organs like a treat; paleo would have to share organs with others...so muscle meat must have been the "floor".

Nicola

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk