Author Topic: Advice on how to heal the gut  (Read 32406 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Advice on how to heal the gut
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2009, 02:35:55 am »
I just wish I had a clear cut plan of what to do to get better. Food sensitivities is an issue always in the back of my mind too. I'm supposedly moderately sensitive to eggs (probably less for raw) and honey (again, likely less for raw) and yet both of these are the staples of any digestional healing regimen. The itching I get in my throat and in small places all over my body after eating is really unnerving and tells me something is wrong, and yet just a few days ago my stomach was incredibly calm. I think I'm going to try my chicken broth for a while and eat ground turkey, and let the raw eggs aside, they might not be helping. For all I know they are what caused the problem!

I know someone who also reacts to raw eggs, is a raw omnivore who drinks green juices, reverts from raw diet to cooked chicken soup when they can't take the detox etc.  I would think it was you, but I don't think it is.  I think from experience that sets of symptoms come together, no matter who it's often the same sets.  Maybe I should introduce you, maybe you could help each other.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 02:37:14 am »
Actually scratch what I just said above. I think it's more a question of stomach acidity causing itchiness. I've just had some raw ground lamb which I supposedly have no tolerance to and I still have some itching. Could this be a detox by some chance?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 09:12:23 am »
I'm supposedly moderately sensitive to eggs (probably less for raw) and honey (again, likely less for raw) and yet both of these are the staples of any digestional healing regimen.
Not true. Some of us here on the forum eschew both of these and have still made marked strides in repairing our digestion and our health.  :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 09:16:01 am »
    Raw meat can give us what we need to heal the intestines and stomach.  Did someone prescribe you eggs and honey?  It was actually prescribed to me, and it did help me.  But I had to get a glandular analysis, an iridology consult and everything else to get the script.  I've met people who got very different prescriptions to what I got, but they had their body, and me mine.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 10:49:06 am »
Not true. Some of us here on the forum eschew both of these and have still made marked strides in repairing our digestion and our health.  :)

True. I'll just have to keep trying to see what can bring me the balance I need. I might do a consult with AV as well if I'm not better within a week. I do well with Raw cheese nd raw butter anyways.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 11:32:37 am »
    I know someone who also reacts to raw eggs, is a raw omnivore who drinks green juices, reverts from raw diet to cooked chicken soup when they can't take the detox etc.  I would think it was you, but I don't think it is.  I think from experience that sets of symptoms come together, no matter who it's often the same sets.  Maybe I should introduce you, maybe you could help each other.   
Interesting, two people who consume green juices--one gets "detox" and other symptoms and one gets acidic stomach and other symptoms, right? When one of them takes a break from the green juices and eats cooked chicken soup instead, the "detox" symptoms go away, correct? I myself used to get reflux when I drank too much green tea, which went away when I went raw carnivore. Is this just a coincidence or could there possibly be a connection between green drinks and GI symptoms for all three of us?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 12:31:49 pm »
 probably most of us here have done green juices at one time or another.  one thing came clear to me after a while, long while.  that is that if I tried to chew and swallow the juice (spitting out the pulp) from any one of the greens I was using, at first it would be palatable, then in a short while, I would have to force myself to chew and swallow any significant amount.  Far less than had I juiced it in a machine, and especially if I had mixed it with say celery or apple or carrot etc.  I think the intestinal distress is simply the body trying to get rid of what it doesn't need or want.  When we juice with machines rather than our own mouths, we bypass the stop that tells us when we've had enough, for it then becomes a mind thing, like, 'green juice will make me so and so...'    and then there are the more is better thoughts.   

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 05:52:26 pm »
probably most of us here have done green juices at one time or another.  one thing came clear to me after a while, long while.  that is that if I tried to chew and swallow the juice (spitting out the pulp) from any one of the greens I was using, at first it would be palatable, then in a short while, I would have to force myself to chew and swallow any significant amount.  Far less than had I juiced it in a machine, and especially if I had mixed it with say celery or apple or carrot etc.  I think the intestinal distress is simply the body trying to get rid of what it doesn't need or want.  When we juice with machines rather than our own mouths, we bypass the stop that tells us when we've had enough, for it then becomes a mind thing, like, 'green juice will make me so and so...'    and then there are the more is better thoughts.   

Theory sounds good.
But I never liked juicing.
I tried it, but I like chewing on celery better or eating a carrot stick.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 03:34:06 am »
So I'm pretty much itching after everything I eat and my mouth and skin are very dried out. I'm feeling dehydrated and of course regular water does nothing for me but make me feel more dry. I've had a little success with papaya in a puree so far, but the itchiness remains. Must be my gastric juices being insufficient at this point? This is really becoming disconcerting.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 04:43:06 am »
... itching after everything I eat and my mouth and skin are very dried out. I'm feeling dehydrated and of course regular water does nothing for me but make me feel more dry. I've had a little success with papaya in a puree so far, but the itchiness ...

My skin used to itch so much, and I barely noticed it, as it had been going on so long, I had no idea what it felt like not to it.  I believe the careful attention to type of fat, source of fat and quantity of fat has abated my itching.  Exactly how much of what source fat are you using in ratio to the rest of your food?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2009, 05:16:11 am »
    Raw meat can give us what we need to heal the intestines and stomach.  Did someone prescribe you eggs and honey?  It was actually prescribed to me, and it did help me.  But I had to get a glandular analysis, an iridology consult and everything else to get the script.  I've met people who got very different prescriptions to what I got, but they had their body, and me mine.
dear rawzi, my mom has severe thyroid problem and she gets high cholesterol for this. she also has gum disease, sinusitis, rheumatism arthritis and recently she diagnosed for osteoporosis. where she can go to get some kind of tests like you and will know what to eat? thanks. 
bugs or country chickens

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2009, 07:58:44 am »
I agree with GS--interesting hypothesis.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2009, 05:04:47 am »
dear rawzi, my mom has severe thyroid problem and she gets high cholesterol for this. she also has gum disease, sinusitis, rheumatism arthritis and recently she diagnosed for osteoporosis. where she can go to get some kind of tests like you and will know what to eat? thanks. 

Aajonus did my iridology and glandular analysis. 

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2009, 05:10:12 am »
    Tell me how you do now that you're not going to marinate.  Plain is almost always better, especially with raw red meat.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2009, 11:29:09 pm »
    Aajonus did my iridology and glandular analysis. 
do you have his contact number? dear rawzi, my mom is coming to see my little boy in this christmas vacation for 2 weeks. i want to do those tests for her.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2009, 05:49:03 am »
So I think I've entered a new stage in my recovery. I've started having lots of diarrhea today and yesterday and generally feel sick and a tad bit warm, but not yet feverish. The good news is, my stomach is for the most part calm now. I think I brought this on by not marinating my meats in lemon anymore. It has eliminated my acid reflux and horrible dryness. Itching on skin has for the most part subsided. Strangely, even though I am still fatigued and feel sickly, I also feel pretty calm, I guess my high adrenaline can't kick in in this state.

I'm actually strangely optimistic now even though I feel pretty much like I have the flu, although I'm not sure I actually do to be honest. Bad news is my mom is going to be crashing at my pad this week, and she is super anti-raw anything, so I am going to have to sneak most of my meals at work.

Overall, is my optimism justified?

I'm hoping I'm near the end of the storm. In any case, cleaning myself out like this can't be a bad thing per se.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2009, 07:33:41 am »
do you have his contact number? dear rawzi, my mom is coming to see my little boy in this christmas vacation for 2 weeks. i want to do those tests for her.

Here, I Googled this and I know this to be an address he has been reached at and sent email from even recently.  I do not see his phone number public anywhere.

On this note, it is unfortunately getting harder and harder to find raw milk due to germophobic agencies like the California Dairy Board, who, although they are supposed to only be "regulating" the production and sale of raw milk, are actually on an offensive to outlaw it. This is an outrage and if you care to invest in preserving your right to raw milk and other products, you can do something about it. Write to Aajonus Vonderplanitz at optimal@earthlink.net and tell him you want to join the class action suit he is waging. You can write the California legislators, even if you don't live in California. Tell them you have friends who live there who benefit from raw dairy and you don't want to see it banned. California sets the precedent for other states frequently, so it will be an investment in your own health, too. We hope to have a page up soon just to address this issue in more depth.

Raw goat milk is another alternative, and is often more easily accessible through local small farmers who sell their excess. Call your 4-H extension to find them (if you live in the USA). For more information on this topic, read WWTL. We will also be adding a FAQ site specifically addressing the issue of finding foods on this diet that aren't readily available in supermarkets or even health food stores. Aajonus said to ask any local farmer you might be wanting to buy from if the cows/goats had any antibiotics within the last 30 days which you won't want to be passed on to you through the milk. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2009, 07:39:21 am »
So I think I've entered a new stage in my recovery. I've started having lots of diarrhea today and yesterday and generally feel sick and a tad bit warm, but not yet feverish. The good news is, my stomach is for the most part calm now. I think I brought this on by not marinating my meats in lemon anymore. It has eliminated my acid reflux and horrible dryness. Itching on skin has for the most part subsided. Strangely, even though I am still fatigued and feel sickly, I also feel pretty calm, I guess my high adrenaline can't kick in in this state.

I'm actually strangely optimistic now ...

Overall, is my optimism justified?

I'm hoping I'm near the end of the storm. In any case, cleaning myself out like this can't be a bad thing per se.

When I started eating RAF, I pretty much got diarrhea for a month.  I felt good though, for the first time in maybe ever.  It gives a better outlook, in my experience as well.  It got me feeling calm right away too, which had been more of a struggle for me before.  It worked out well too.  I never got the parasite I thought I risked by starting the RAF lifestyle.  Although I still practice eating RAF, parasites must be avoiding me now.  The must think I'm a plague to them, if they can think.  Maybe they are not attracted to healthy strong bodies.    

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 03:23:58 am »
So it turns out I have a liver and pancreatic deficiency caused by a serious colon problem (low bifidobactor, ph balance off, etc.). Aajonus has perscribed me lots of cheese hourly to absorb toxins I am dumping into my gut as well as lots of eggs. So far I would say I am about 10% better than what I was. This weekend I ran for 1 hour nonstop almost instinctively and felt pretty good, but then of course I am still having my noontime energy drop indicative of stage 2 adrenal fatigue, which Aajonus says, and I believe, is really just a side effect of my bad digestion and nothing really chronic. I still have a lot of healing to do however. I still need to cleanse out a lot of the fungal infection caused by the ssri lexapro (which I'm now completely off of) though itching is substantially less now. Still have mouth sours and some gum bleeding, but at least I have regained 10 lbs back to 170 after losing enormous amounts of weight from the flu in early December. I also had my first piece of high meat today, fermented outside for a month, but I didn't really feel any high or anything much, I suppose it needs more time still.

My only question for you guys is, given that most of you are abstaining from dairy, I wanted to know what your typical raw dairy allergies are like? I seem to not get any discernible difference between consuming dairy and not doing so, so I don't think I have the raw dairy allergies, plus right now raw cheese is really helpful for me to absorb those toxins.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2010, 03:33:25 am »
Well, my own (raw-and pasteurised dairy-allergies manifested themselves in all sorts of ways, indeed they were the primary source of my troubles other than the cooked animal food. My chronic fatigue/anxiety- and other  adrenal-related issues were directly the result of raw and pasteurised dairy as were various skin and eye-problems(eg:- severely bloodshot eyes), along with the severe constipation and wrecked digestive system(though, to be fair, the dairy was worse than any cooked animal food I ate, as regards constipation). Dairy, raw or otherwise, also almost made me lose all my teeth, led to severe muscle-wastage  etc. After many years, I've come to accept that a small minority may  do well on raw dairy, but I'm pretty sure it's a tiny minority, given the fact that so many of those who've claimed to me that they were doing fine on a little raw dairy, have, subsequently, over the years, grudgingly admitted to me, that they didn't do so well after all, with it, and felt better without.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Spearhead

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2010, 04:27:28 am »
Well, my own (raw-and pasteurised dairy-allergies manifested themselves in all sorts of ways, indeed they were the primary source of my troubles other than the cooked animal food. My chronic fatigue/anxiety- and other  adrenal-related issues were directly the result of raw and pasteurised dairy as were various skin and eye-problems(eg:- severely bloodshot eyes), along with the severe constipation and wrecked digestive system(though, to be fair, the dairy was worse than any cooked animal food I ate, as regards constipation). Dairy, raw or otherwise, also almost made me lose all my teeth, led to severe muscle-wastage  etc. After many years, I've come to accept that a small minority may  do well on raw dairy, but I'm pretty sure it's a tiny minority, given the fact that so many of those who've claimed to me that they were doing fine on a little raw dairy, have, subsequently, over the years, grudgingly admitted to me, that they didn't do so well after all, with it, and felt better without.

If this is the case and you really believe that the majority of people are allergic to raw dairy, what would you prescribe for someone like me that needs to be constantly absorbing and eliminating extremely caustic toxins being dumped into my stomach? Papaya is a poor substitute to raw unsalted cheese for this from what I know.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2010, 08:43:16 am »
just wanted to add that i experimented with some raw dairy a few weeks ago. i got (all from grass fed cows) raw butter, raw cream, raw buttermilk, and raw colostrum. the cream and butter digested with no problem and i actually felt really good eating the butter with other foods. the buttermilk and colostrum both tasted great but gave me a little constipation and a pimple. other than that i felt pretty good. anyways, it seems that i do very well on butter and cream but will only be getting those again very rarely (due to price and availability). but, im unsure whether i would still feel good eating raw dairy for an extended period of time. for some reason i can't see that going very well, even if it was just butter. but who the hell knows...

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »
  AV almost 100 percent of the time looks at toxins as being the source of his clients problems and prescribes often very strict and hour by hour detailed instructions on how to heal and release toxins.  I don't have really an direct experience with  him, BUT, approaching health from the viewpoint of eliminating toxins can be a very addictive and lifelong process.  One that he makes his 'living' off of.  My only real hint here is that others here approach health by allowing the body to seek it's own balance by offering it a raw balanced fare, for eventually we all must find that for ourselves on a day to day basis. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »
If this is the case and you really believe that the majority of people are allergic to raw dairy, what would you prescribe for someone like me that needs to be constantly absorbing and eliminating extremely caustic toxins being dumped into my stomach? Papaya is a poor substitute to raw unsalted cheese for this from what I know.
  I tend to agree with van's view. I just don't see the constant detox that AV recommends as a good thing. Usually, a detox that lasts more than a short period is not a genuine detox but a sign of a really unhealthy raw food in your diet(eg:- raw dairy). Not to say that detox doesn't exist, it clearly does, just in a more minor, temporary form, IMO.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2010, 11:36:10 pm »
  AV almost 100 percent of the time looks at toxins as being the source of his clients problems and prescribes often very strict and hour by hour detailed instructions on how to heal and release toxins.  I don't have really an direct experience with  him, BUT, approaching health from the viewpoint of eliminating toxins can be a very addictive and lifelong process.  One that he makes his 'living' off of.  My only real hint here is that others here approach health by allowing the body to seek it's own balance by offering it a raw balanced fare, for eventually we all must find that for ourselves on a day to day basis. 

We learn that every cell in our bodies has been replaced with new cells in 7 years.
Getting rid of the old damaged/worn out/poisoned cells is an automatic process, happens every day in healthy persons, and can reasonably be called detox.
When it does not happen automatically, we are sick, and for lack of what to do, need a consultant such as AV or the knowledge that we seek here.

Eating raw zero carb has been called heroic. Most people are not heroes, so AV can justly make a living from them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk