Author Topic: RAF - old fashioned medicine?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
RAF - old fashioned medicine?
« on: November 18, 2009, 07:43:40 am »
Saw this on another forum:

"I just hate bone marrow. I have very vivid memories of my mother having to choke it and fat trimmings down as a "prescription" when she got Leukemia in the 1950's. Talk about the dark ages of cancer treatment."

Also, when I was looking up carpaccio, I came across:

"A wealthy lady, who was an everyday customer, was indeed told by her doctor to eat only raw meat. Unfortunately, at the time, it was not socially acceptable that a lady of her status would order "raw meat" at the most elegant restaurant in the city. It was the waiter who suggested her to use a different name for it. Apparently a painting by Carpaccio was hanging on the wall at the Savini at the time, and the waiter suggested Carpaccio as the "code name" for the dish..."

The latter sounds like "urban legend," however, and I couldn't find a reliable citation.

Dr. Gerson also used raw liver juice in his juice formulas in the 1950s for cancer treatment.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:55:20 am by livingthelife »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: RAF - old fashioned medicine?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:41:30 pm »
I've mentioned this before but in Bob Geldof's autobiography he mentions his teenage sister was diagnosed with leukemia, the Doctors at the time (1960's?) decided not to to tell her or treat it. She got better.

No treatment could be considered an old fashioned treatment for cancer.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline livingthelife

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: RAF - old fashioned medicine?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:09:04 pm »
Wow, you are so right!

I'm reading Price's book and just finished a chapter where he describes the spontaneous healing of teeth with improved diet.

I wonder how many cases of cancer are reversed naturally and the person never even knew they had cancer at all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk