Author Topic: Is coffee really all that bad?  (Read 13048 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Is coffee really all that bad?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2012, 11:07:08 pm »

Interesting. Do people provide it at work and social parties too?
Yes, sure, mineral and spring water are very common.

Yet not everyone in the world agrees with you that that is necessary or beneficial, so the debates will continue. Surely you have had enough people disagree with you to reveal this to you?
Yes, useless debates usually last long after a new and more adequate scientific theory has been devised. It’s always been the same and even Einstein’s special and general relativity remained a subject of debates for several decades.

We'we been sailing around the planet, but most people still argue that our world is flat.  ;)   

There are many reasons to eat organic produce beyond just the pesticides. I don't buy organic because of pesticides, though that's an additional nice benefit. Plus, there's at least some potential for some evolutionary adaptation to plant and cooking toxins over the 250,000 or so years that I think Tyler said that humans have been cooking--though I doubt there's been full adaptation--whereas pesticides have been regularly used for less than a century or so.
Yes, I agree.

Plus, I don't notice any benefits from consuming pesticides, but I do from one particular coffee (YMMV), and other people have reported benefits in this thread and elsewhere (one study even reported that the more the coffee was heated, the better the benefits). For me, the benefits of small, intermittent consumption outweigh the negatives. I do recognize that this is not the case for some others, such as you.
There are plenty people reporting short term “benefits” from various cooked, Neolithic or modern foods. This doesn’t prove much as long as the person’s immune system is still in state of tolerance for the toxins contained in those foods.   
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 11:22:41 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2012, 08:06:59 am »
Yes, sure, mineral and spring water are very common.
Wow! That's quite different than it is here.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:39 am »
Yes, it is all that bad.  No more coffee for me. :) 

If you have colitis it is not very smart to drink coffee.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 06:02:26 am »
I am now on day 5 of no coffee. It's not easy. But that alone almost tells me how bad it is for me.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 01:00:10 pm »
Iv had coofee on two occaasions and it sucked both times. I dont know why people drink it. Theres a slight euphoria but every other aspect sucks.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk