Author Topic: Raw Animal Foodist Retreats/Spas etc.  (Read 27066 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Raw Animal Foodist Retreats/Spas etc.
« on: November 20, 2009, 05:41:05 am »
Someone asked me about retreats for raw animal foodists because he had an ailing relative who needed supervision/guidance re starting a RVAF diet. I told him about Pangaia and the "Body Temple Boot Camp" which are both based in Hawaii, but I don't know of any others. If anyone knows about any other raw-animal-foodist retreats/spas offering raw animal foods etc. based anywhere else around the world, please post about them in this thread.I'll make this a sticky topic.

Here are the websites for the 2 camps mentioned above:-

http://www.pangaia.cc/

http://www.bodytemplebootcamp.com/

(mentioned by RawZi):-  http://www.yogaoasis.org/faq.shtml  (contact them in advance to tell them you're on a raw((grassfed) meat diet etc.
Here's another Primal Diet/Instincto Diet Yoga Retreat:-

http://www.gaiayoga.org/

The first  3 places are apparently on Pahoa, in Hawaii.

The above link is for a retreat which regularly offers Primal-Diet-friendly food to RVAFers.

I should point out that the Pangaia community-owners which started out mainly Instincto and then turned to the Primal Diet have sold out  to new management, namely raw vegans. Despite that and the fact that the majority of people now attending that retreat are raw vegans, the owners still do cater to raw animal foodists, apparently. Just check in advance if they really do have the resources for RVAFers, as, in the past, Pangaia was able to offer things like freshly-slaughtered raw goat and raw wild game, and might not do so now.

Kieba's Body Temple Boot Camp, judging from the site, is far more oriented towards a diet high in raw animal foods.

*Oh, here is a promotional youtube video of the body temple boot camp:-

Kieba's Body Temple Boot Camp

Here's part 1 of 5 about the raw food lifestyle at Pangaia:-

The Fruit of the Land, part I of V*

Here is a website  of a raw foodist retreat which I have been recently informed of:-

http://fresh-food-family.webnode.com/

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:29:28 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Raw Animal Foodist Retreats/Spas etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 08:38:42 am »
Now that my office is beside the big wet market with raw everything in it, would people find it appealing to check into a hotel beside the big wet market and be able to get fresh raw everything daily?  I could be your simple guide?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 11:55:28 am »
Now that my office is beside the big wet market with raw everything in it, would people find it appealing to check into a hotel beside the big wet market and be able to get fresh raw everything daily?  I could be your simple guide?

yes. there is a strong possibility i will be in the Philippines this summer. would definitely want to check out this market you speak of. will keep you posted

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:32:29 pm »
yes. there is a strong possibility i will be in the Philippines this summer. would definitely want to check out this market you speak of. will keep you posted

Wow great!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 06:21:14 pm »
http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/primal-diet/aajonus'-appearances-and-primal-potlucks/msg1363/#msg1363

from this entry, i think you'll find a yoga oasis is Pahoa where if you arrange ahead, you can eat primal
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TheViking

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:58:59 am »
Hallois Good Samaritan!

I might travel to the Philippines for a period this year or next, so might take you up on that guide offer (if it's still standing?) ;)
Can you say anything about what sort of costs I should expect for one person living in Manilla?
..or possibly somewhere else on the philippines you would recommend?

Living expenses I'm thinking an appartment 20-40 sqm, utilities (electricity, internet, ??), food costs (meats and veggies) and anything else to consider..

I'm quitting my current job soon because it's too much travelling/work away from home making me dependent on canteen foods - which are neither healthy nor very optimal for my tomato, gluten, dairy, egg and asparagus intolerances :-/ (After too many treatments of antibiotics in my younger days, till age 20 that is. I'm still just a quarter century old and been troubling these intolerances and more for 5+ years).

Not sure how long my stay would be, from a month to a year (still in the early planning stages).

Also considering various south american countries or possibly the USA, or open for other suggestions. I'm looking for a place to get away from the cold norwegian climate, because it's really not helping my health problems. So somewhere warmer, 20-30 degrees C most of the year would be ideal ;), and good availability of healthy foods. So if anyone has any suggestions and information about costs to expect it is greatly appreciated. Low costs wouldn't hurt either, as I'll be living off savings till I get some work or get any online business ventures going..

I will contact Pangaia to check if they still offer a meat diet, and report back when I get a reply.

Cheers :D

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 08:30:17 am »
http://authenticparent.com/family-retreat.html

This one is for families.  I don't know that the retreat is raw paleo, but I think it can be, if that's what you want.  I've seen enough of her recommendations on the web.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 06:07:48 am »
I am sort of planning on making my own in the future. That's the tentative plan.

I have had great success helping my family get over health problems and they were not even half listening to my advice!

I have some great stories about it, but I will post them at some later date, they are pretty long.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 06:47:43 am »
I would totally love to do this!!!!  Maybe our next vacation will have to be to the Phillipines... it sounds lovely there! : )

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:24 pm »
A raw paleo diet retreat is such a good idea, but there doesn't exist a good one in Hawaii!  From staying at body temple boot camp, it's not what it seems.  It could be a
a good experience if you are ready to work, but if you aren't fully healthy but looking to heal through diet, nature, and help of others who know something about it, this is not the place to go.  I'm just stating the facts, not angry, or trying to hurt anyone.  The male and female "dating couple" bicker a lot, are loud, blast tv every night, have a messy place, no landscaping, overgrowth, don't do much for activities beside swim in a chlorinated pool almost everyday, you listen to Steve give business consulting calls every morning ( there's no insulation anywhere, this is a very small property and you are very close to everyone), they are building and buying things and doing random projects that don't make sense and didn't notify me about any of this rem
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:17:45 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline yegane

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »
wow it's interesting Topic
 -d

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 06:28:08 am »
A raw paleo diet retreat is such a good idea, but there doesn't exist a good one in Hawaii!  From staying at body temple boot camp, it's not what it seems.  It could be a
a good experience if you are ready to work, but if you aren't fully healthy but looking to heal through diet, nature, and help of others who know something about it, this is not the place to go.  I'm just stating the facts, not angry, or trying to hurt anyone.  The male and female "dating couple" bicker a lot, are loud, blast tv every night, have a messy place, no landscaping, overgrowth, don't do much for activities beside swim in a chlorinated pool almost everyday, you listen to Steve give business consulting calls every morning ( there's no insulation anywhere, this is a very small property and you are very close to everyone), they are building and buying things and doing random projects that don't make sense and didn't notify me about any of this rem

Have you tried Pangaia?  It's just down the road from there.

Kieba's a cool lady, but she's very into exercise and being athletic.  That's great for her, but not everybody is going to find their life path works well with that. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk