Author Topic: WHAT'S BONE MEAL AND HOW IT'S MADE  (Read 8354 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
WHAT'S BONE MEAL AND HOW IT'S MADE
« on: December 01, 2009, 03:29:19 am »
 l) DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE THAT BONE MEAL? ON DR.RON'S WEBSITE THERE'S SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU CAN BUY.
but i can't afford that always. do you think he crashes the bones to make it? i pick up an important suggestion from our beloved RAWZI, where she says that after we consume marrows raw, we can make the soup of those bones, so, nothing will be wastes. i think this is a super brilliant idea. so, i started to boil those marrow less bones in the slow cooker for couple of days and in the end i got those bone that are extremely soft to chew on. do you think that's similar to get bone meals?
bugs or country chickens

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT'S BONE MEAL AND HOW IT'S MADE
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 03:33:26 am »
most bone meals are made with high steam heat, that breaks down the protein structure or bone.  they are then hammermilled or crushed to powder.  Better to take rib bones and file on a ribbed ferrier file, meant for horse hooves, and eat it raw and fresh.  Wouldn't touch bone meal myself.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 04:04:04 am »
dear van, can you describe a little more what're you meant by "Better to take rib bones and file on a ribbed ferrier file, meant for horse hooves," ? sorry, english isn't my 1st language.
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:38 am »
    Ferriers file their horses' hooves on a hoofjack with a hoof file:
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=5f50a98d-c01e-4aef-94c5-fc613434e8c8

Thanks. 

I like this learning.  A vegan private messaged me.  He got a hold of a couple of old animal skulls.  He messaged me to ask if he could file them and eat the filings (for nutrition and his safety not whether its vegan).  Quite frankly I thought he was pulling my leg with that message.  That was one message I did not jump to answer. 

I'm glad to know the term of ferrier file now.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 09:39:02 am »
Raw,  I think you can see the file Rawzi linked.  You use the fine grooved side,  not the coarse bumpy side.  Get a metal paint scaper to  scoop up the shavings into a spoon and eat on an empty stomach.  Wait till hungry again to have meat.  It's what I do, seems to digest really well that way.  You also need a wire paint scraping brush to push out the logged filing that get stuck in the grooves.  Real simple.  Store file and bones in Freezer.  The rib bones are yummy fresh, but even after a while in the fridge, they turn less than mediocre.  I have several tablespoons a day.  Working with a human bone grinding engineer to develop a for home electric grinder.  His models currently are for bone regeneration in the medical world.  YOu should hear him go on about what happens to bone when you grind to fast and the temps get hot.  The body will more often reject the material.  North star bison can sell you rib bones.  I have 600 in my deep freeze.  Plan to use them for my dogs at the farm when I get the electric grinder.
   A side note,  you can order a large amount, one month supply from North star, since they vacuum seal and ship only a day or two after slaughter.  It keeps up to a month in the fridge.  Think what you spend on gas and time just to go to the store...

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 01:02:48 pm »
 :)van, what a wonderful idea! thank you. :D
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 12:46:53 pm »
Raw,  I think you can see the file Rawzi linked.  You use the fine grooved side,  not the coarse bumpy side.  Get a metal paint scaper to  scoop up the shavings into a spoon and eat on an empty stomach.  Wait till hungry again to have meat.  It's what I do, seems to digest really well that way.  You also need a wire paint scraping brush to push out the logged filing that get stuck in the grooves.  Real simple.  Store file and bones in Freezer.  The rib bones are yummy fresh, but even after a while in the fridge, they turn less than mediocre.  I have several tablespoons a day.  Working with a human bone grinding engineer to develop a for home electric grinder.  His models currently are for bone regeneration in the medical world.  YOu should hear him go on about what happens to bone when you grind to fast and the temps get hot.  The body will more often reject the material.  North star bison can sell you rib bones.  I have 600 in my deep freeze.  Plan to use them for my dogs at the farm when I get the electric grinder.
   A side note,  you can order a large amount, one month supply from North star, since they vacuum seal and ship only a day or two after slaughter.  It keeps up to a month in the fridge.  Think what you spend on gas and time just to go to the store...
dear van, now i'm thinking how do i get this grinder for the bones? please share , thank you
bugs or country chickens

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 12:02:01 pm »
What about eggshells, aren't they full of calcium & phosphorus? It's typically recommended for small dogs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk