Author Topic: RAW WILD CAUGHT SALMON SKIN IS EDIBLE  (Read 4038 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
RAW WILD CAUGHT SALMON SKIN IS EDIBLE
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:03:50 pm »
 :(I GIVE THE RAW FISH SKIN TO MY TODDLER without knowing anything (nutritious benefit) about this. i also prepare this salmon soaking in fresh lemon juice for 1/2 an hour before i give him. is it right? :(
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: RAW WILD CAUGHT SALMON SKIN IS EDIBLE
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 03:15:25 pm »
    When I first started eating RAF, I ate (raw) salmon skin.  I did not want to not eat any part of the animal that I could manage to eat.  It wasn't only the nutrition, but coming from vegan for decades, I did not want any part of an animal to possibly be wasted if I could control it.  Even though AV (whose diet I basically followed) did not say to eat skin, I ate every drop. 

White meat supposedly can be marinated with lemon without harm to digestion.  It messes with mine though.  Salmon can be considered white meat, as it is not beef, deer, elk, buffalo or bison, but I think it looks reddish colored.  Many people marinate fish with lemon.  Should be ok.  I like oysters, urchin and fish eggs with lemon.  I don't let it soak but half a minute though. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: RAW WILD CAUGHT SALMON SKIN IS EDIBLE
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 03:53:03 pm »
Every part of the fish is edible - it's good to eat it this way :) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGk3iFyMsi0
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk