Author Topic: hand washing?  (Read 9058 times)

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
hand washing?
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:46:20 pm »
I searched the forumns and found no results on this topic.

These days, people are encouraged to wash their hands all time. Before meals, after using the restroom, after handling animals, and after shaking hands. If they can't get to a sink they reach for the nearest wet wipe or bottle of hand sanatizer.

Hand sanatizer is becoming especially populat with all the fear of swine flu and pandemics.

So, rpdf, what are your thoughts on the subject?

I personally, wash with only water ad not very often. Soap makes my hands itchy and I seem to get sick more often when I use it. Maybe its just a coincidence, but id rather not use it either way.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: hand washing?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:27:10 pm »
I always use soap with water after going to the toilet(and of course when having a bath) or after doing mucky physical labour in the garden. Other than that, I don't see the point.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:41:00 pm »

I personally, wash with only water ad not very often. Soap makes my hands itchy and I seem to get sick more often when I use it. Maybe its just a coincidence, but id rather not use it either way.

When I use soap, it is Miracle II soap, recommended for everything from bathing baby to cleaning a car's engine block.
Recipe appeared to Clayton Tedeton in the form of glowing letters on his bedroom wall at 02:00 in the morning.  :D

No Kidding.

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 11:42:13 am »
I only wash my hands when I have visible dirt. I only use soap if I came out of the gym or oil/chemicals from work.

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:09:42 am »
Frequent handwashing is more of a con than a pro. With the world the way it is today, with all the fear about pandemics and diseases, it has us all flocking around the nearest sink, or running to a hand sanitizer dispenser. But the more and more we rush to wash our hands, the sicker we all seem to get.

In fact, today in school, I saw about 8 different girls all huddling around the sink. One of them had brought their own bottle of soap since the ones in the bathroom no longer worked. I just ran my hands under some warm water, and dried them. They all looked at me like I was nuts.  l)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:35 am »
i never really wash my hands, definitely not after peeing
after pooping if i am at work (i work in a kitchen)
never with soap
if i am in a public restroom i feel is particularly rank i sometimes grab a little tp to close then open the stall and then open the door on the way out because as much as i dislike washing my hands, i really dnt want somebodies turd particles on my hand either

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 10:37:35 am »
We have organic soap.  I see to it I wash my hands before I eat.  I wash my hands when I get home from work.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dissident

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 12:25:29 pm »
I just rinse my hands with water and wash my hands every two days with organic soap from essential oils in the shower.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 12:49:45 pm »
i only wash my hand using soap after i use the bathroom. in general, i don't use the soap but just use osmosis water.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 01:04:46 am »
Take it from someone who used to have serious OCD handwashing. Washing your hands is BAD. I reached a point back in the day (few years ago) where my hands were cracked and bleeding all day! I was suffering through the pain every moment rinsing my hands often for futile relief.  :'( Eventually I hit gold on my grandma's Eucerin. But I had to use it daily and my hands would just go back to cracking again (fat deficiency). Currently, I piss on my hands every night to prevent such from happening again < I learned this via Aajonus  ;D (washing my hands EVERY TIME results in dry skins). Sometimes butter or oil as well. I stay away from soap :(. The stuff about washing your hands after sh**ing by the way is fear-mongering/hullabaloo. Same goes for dirt including from the garden. Ex. Primal Defense is dirt grown in a lab.  O0

Yes, if the question ever entered your mind, every end of the day I essentially "piss on my hands and face" (the face is for acne).  -v

This is a similiar reason why I stopped washing my face.

I used to have a face washing OCD, to the point that I would ask to leave my classes so I could wash them. My face was always oily and I could enver figure out why, but I eventually realised it was cause I was stripping my own skin of natural oils and nutrients, so my face was overproducing to compensate.

When I did quit, it almost killed me. Not literally of course, but it was awful. My skin was so used to overproducing that I would literally have oil dripping off of it. I refused to wash it though, and if I did, I'd wash only with water.

After about a week of dealing with all of that, my face calmed down and these days, I no longer have acne.

I always thought proactiv and everything else was just to cause more acne or get people addicted  to their products.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:09:07 pm »
Just to clarify, longlivecoltrane is a troll, as should have been clear from his remarks re pissing on his hands, hardly a common RVAFer habit, to put it mildly. He got bored due to not having been able to stir up the controversy he wanted and asked to have his account deleted(along with providing some deliberately inflammatory youtube videos implying that raw-meat-eating was weird). I duly banned him.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 04:50:13 am »
I figured as much. x_x;

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 10:32:32 am »
lol! i was down with peeing on my face........oh well  :(

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 06:36:34 pm »
lol! i was down with peeing on my face........oh well  :(

Funny expression "down with that". One would assume, if new to the English language, that that expression logically meant NOT being in favour of it, rather than the opposite.

Anyway, no reflection on you. I wasn't so much bothered re mention of that topic(though, thankfully, it is a very, very rare practice among Primal Dieters and not generally a feature of other RVAF groups), and this was in the hot topics forum,  it was just  the way longlivecoltrane deliberately brought up the subject purely in order to cause controversy, like a previous troll did who enthused about the supposed thrill of scatology. At any rate, he revealed himself as a definite troll in his last post in open forum, which I deleted as it was somewhat derogatory towards RVAFers.
" Ron Paul.

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 03:01:24 am »
If i was honest I really didnt think much of it. Sort of a "Fair enough mate, if thats what works for you.." sort of a moment. :)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:26 am »
I wasn't so much bothered re mention of that topic(though, thankfully, it is a very, very rare practice among Primal Dieters and not generally a feature of other RVAF groups), and this was in the hot topics forum,  it was just  the way longlivecoltrane deliberately brought up the subject purely in order to cause controversy

i just think its funny how people who are open to "alternative" health are much more accepting when someone mentions practices such as drinking and washing with piss!  its funny i have worked at health food stores for quite a few years and it is not odd at all that i am familiar with my many of my customers "regularity" lol! 

another weird annecdote about what becomes acceptable...
i was driving back home from a LONG day of hiking and munching on a bit of raw elk...i looked over to the car next to me and was pretty grossed out to see someone smoking a ciggerette with all of the windows rolled up...not only bad for the health but imagine the stench! i laughed to think if they had looked over to see me shoving a chunk of raw meat in my mouth how they might have reacted  :P

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 09:35:20 am »

another weird annecdote about what becomes acceptable...
i was driving back home from a LONG day of hiking and munching on a bit of raw elk...i looked over to the car next to me and was pretty grossed out to see someone smoking a ciggerette with all of the windows rolled up...not only bad for the health but imagine the stench! i laughed to think if they had looked over to see me shoving a chunk of raw meat in my mouth how they might have reacted  :P

LOL that is funny.  I have moments like this too, like when I eat raw scallops, fish eggs, and avocado for lunch at work, right next to people who are smoking, drinking sodas, and/or eating candy bars.  Sometimes they ask what I am eating, and I tell them. 

William

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 11:53:39 am »
Not all  have swallowed the anti-smoking propaganda.

For instance, traditional hunter gatherers AKA Indians.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk