Author Topic: what does everyone think about this raw vegan honcho 'DURIANRIDER'.  (Read 3365 times)

Offline ex-vegan

• Forager
    • View Profile
I just listened to his ABC radio interview just then. What he says makes sense but why do so many people not do it then?

I felt great as a vegan and now im experiementing with some raw paleo dietary stuff but im still confused and not too sure where im headed. :(

to play the link just click on the 'mp3' button on the right of the page that loads up. its a short interview from december 2009. Durianrider claims to be 100% raw vegan and running marathons, ultra marathons and winning 24hr solo mountain bike championships???

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/qld/farnorth/

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: what does everyone think about this raw vegan honcho 'DURIANRIDER'.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:27:07 am »
Vegan trolling is not allowed.  You are banned, little vegan. :)

Offline DeadRamones

• Bear Hunter
  • My boy eating!
    • View Profile
    • Acumen Athletics
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 10:56:23 am »
If you felt great, why would you switch? What a troll. lol.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:08:32 pm »
A suggestion;  C.K.  how about asking 'them' first if they are a troll.  There next responses should tell you.  As regards ex vegan,  I could see how he or she would ask.  It is most interesting that Durian guy is winning and competing as much as he says.  I don't doubt that he'll blow out his adrenals-nervous system eventually.  It's pretty hard to always exercise right to the needed levels to balance blood sugar. 

Offline Megan Megatoast

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 02:36:20 pm »
While I have no problems with the way durianrider chooses to eat, I have trouble understanding why he can't leave others to eat as they wish. I find him rather closed minded at times and he seems to have a rather juvenile approach to criticism.

That's only my take on the guy, however. If the diet workd for him, then good. Each to their own.

So,  ex-vegan, why the sudden curiosity in raw animal foods? You said veganism made you feel great. Did somwething change?

Offline nurture

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 02:31:34 am »
In his videos and writing, he seems really intolerant to raw paleo diets as well as other diets and somewhat egotistical. Sure he may be able to do lots of physical activity but his physique doesn't look very healthy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk