Author Topic: Coconut oil and antinutrients  (Read 86487 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut oil and antinutrients
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2010, 08:46:45 pm »
My dentist told me a story (she had plenty of these but this was the most powerful one) about a girl she knew who was a dental hygienist in a practice using mercury. The girl was trying to get pregnant for a long time with no luck. She also had illnesses which were persistent. My dentist suggested to her that she get away from the place she worked where mercury was used. Eventually the girl decided to do so and the illnesses cleared up and she got pregnant.

Mercury actually off gasses in its normal state, so you don't even have to touch it to be affected.

Use of mercury amalgam goes way back in history to the Chinese. It was resurrected by some dentists in the US in the mid 1800s and the dental association at the time banned it due to it's known issues, so these dentists simply started their own association which is the current American Dental Association because mercury is such an easy and cheap thing to make fillings with.

Mercury was the forerunner of antibiotics. As such it was used to fight infections as it is a bactericide and will kill anything in it's path.

This ADA became the dominant force in the industry presumably because it was in essence the easy way out for the dentists at the time and it still is and once you have told patients this story all your professional life (Mercury is safe) it becomes difficult to back out and say..... "gee I'm sorry I was wrong all those years." Think of all the lawsuits... It would put most dentists out of work and into bankruptcy. Goodbye (the Volvo on) the yellow brick road. Dentists are like the rest of us in that they don't want to lose their jobs.

http://www.iaomt.org/  check out the youtube on the mercury off gassing... and the youtubes on the dentist who explains about his history with mercury and a number of other youtubes on the topic.

This industry generates a lot of money for a lot of people and so the vested interest is extremely high. Why rock the boat? The current ADA is very adamant that mercury is safe despite the science in other countries and the outright banning in some countries and the government in one country that banned it and is paying dentists to remove it from patients. There is a lotta moolah and egos involved and so the apologies that would have to happen in the US to change this mess are too much so dentists just duke it out in court and hope they can use their considerable financial clout to fund the dirtiest lawyers they can find. Also they duke it out with the dentists who are breaking the bad news about amalgam. This is where the dirtiest stuff is going on both in Canada and the US.

Fortunately with the internet it is difficult for people to lie in public. It is too easy for people to check out the story and decide for themselves.

There are some interesting court cases on the subject in the US and the ADA has had to back off on some it's claims. I haven't kept up on the developments as we got rid of the crap in our mouths. The mercury wall is crumbling.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2010, 09:02:31 pm »
Personally I have started to believe that the reason for dental problems in the first place is eating cooked foods, pasteurized dairy and grains and that the story on brushing teeth is actually just nonsense.

I arrived at this after reading about Weston Price and Pottenger's work on the topic.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:04:29 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2012, 05:42:05 pm »
If you eat plenty of selenium, from bioavailable sources such as fish, shellfish, chicken, turkey and pork, then you don't have much to worry about regarding heavy metals and mercury, according to the latest science:

Heavy Metal Toxicity     
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C15891.html
Selenium is able to combine with metals such as cadmium and mercury to reduce their toxicity.

Don't Worry About Mercury in Fish If....
By Jean Carper
Anti-Aging Expert, Best-Selling Author and USA Weekend Columnist
About the Author
August 27, 2006
http://www.stopagingnow.com/news/news_flashes/1761/Don-t-Worry-About-Mercury-in-Fish-If?print=1

If you're leery of eating fish because of a mercury hazard, here's some incredibly good news.  Mercury in fish is not likely to harm you after all, say some leading experts.   

The reason: Mercury's toxic hazards are neutralized when you also eat selenium, a trace mineral that, experts say, counters the toxicity of mercury. In fact, most fish are so rich in selenium that a threat of human mercury poisoning from eating fish is very remote, according to a new analysis by Dr. Nicholas Ralston, University of North Dakota.

This is extremely good scientific support for Aajonus's claims that 98% of mercury from raw wild-caught fish (or seafood? forgot...) is excreted:

"Aajonus Vonderplanitz paid for standard laboratory tests, which
*showed* that 98% of mercury from raw seafood is excreted, while 98%
of the mrcury from cooked fish is retained in the body."
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline Eberhardt1973

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2017, 11:59:48 am »
Some poisonous frogs in South America deliberately eat a specific diet of plants in order to produce toxins in their skin.

As for the issue of antinutrients, humans are astonishingly adaptable. For example, it was mentioned that Austrian peasants from a couple of centuries ago were able to endure twice the fatal dose of arsenic in their bodies without health-issues  simply because they'd been eating tiny amounts of it throughout their lives and had adapted to it.

I am going to have to do that raw food myths page soon, it's REALLY annoying to find people constantly referring to the mythical dangers of mercury in seafood.

I am not aware of the 170 + or - species of frogs with a vegetarian diet. Frogs eat animal protein - even to the point of consuming eggs and tagpoles of other frogs. At times, females will lay legs to supplement the diets of their tadpoles. About 28 structural classes of alkaloids are known in poison frogs. The most toxic of poison dart frog species is Phyllobates terribilis. It is argued that dart frogs do not synthesize their poisons, but sequester the chemicals from arthropod prey items, such as ants, centipedes and mites – the diet-toxicity hypothesis.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2017, 10:57:46 pm »
Interesting thread.

I've consumed plenty of coconut oil in the past but don't use much of the stuff lately since I started trying totally raw. I bought some MCT oil to try a few years ago and most of the bottle is still sitting in my refrigerator. Seems like it upset me. I remember reading that too much gave you a cleansing reaction. I recently came to the conclusion that all the talk about cleansing reactions and healing crises are rubbish and that anything that makes you sick isn't good for you and any perceived benefit from it is placebo. That being said I think a balanced amount of antinutrients are fine because it's the dose that makes the poison. Only eating too much to throw you out of balance. Maybe MCT oil is fine but not in the same doses as coconut oil.

I make a raw type pemican without rendering the fat and so far have only eaten it fresh but this last time I did 10 pounds of beef heart and have been wondering if I should freeze it because I know the fat will go rancid if I don't eat it quick enough. Do you think a week or ten days in a refrigerator will be OK?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk