Author Topic: Need vegetable juice base ideas  (Read 10469 times)

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Need vegetable juice base ideas
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:12 pm »
Hello,

I found some celery leafs (usually I find only the roots) and I juiced them to see what they taste like... and woooooh!

They are very very very bitter compared to the root, so there is no way I'll be making vegetable juices with celery leafs as a 80% base.

I also tried red cabbage as a base but it does not taste very good.

So what are other (preferably good tasting) alternatives for a base?

Thanks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Need vegetable juice base ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »
Most people find raw veggie-juices to taste somewhat foul so they use extras such as raw honey, coconut cream, raw cream and the like to sweeten the taste.

The only exception re raw veg I can think of is raw carrots which are universally liked in juice-form.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 09:24:36 pm »
i dunno, i am not a fan of juicing, be sure you properly chew your juice to get some enzymes going, i think if you are going to eat veggies just bypass the juice process and chew the veggies and if the fibers are too tough just spit em out

each vegetable has a medicinal purpose though, why are you feeling the need to juice?

celery is excellent for mineralization and also hcl production in the stomach, the leaves have a good amount of chlorophyll which helps to cleanse the blood and systems of the body (i think it makes the helpful microorganisms happy or the others not so much)  the bitter i assume would spark the gallbladder and liver into producing some enzymes.

red cabbage has a lot of sulphur which is pleasing to the liver, it is also said to heal the stomach and intestinal lining.

green zucchini is an excellent base, yellow ones are rather sweet, they are generally inexpensive and are said to pull mucus out of the system (i think drinking a juice of it is akin to that broth with the zucchini, green beans...etc....good samaratin posted about it i think i forget he medicinal uses of the broth though)

i would do zucchini, parlsey, and a few celery stalks....kale(chewing the stocks of these is more pleasent though, they are delicious, i spit out the harsh fibers) but not drink(chew) more then 4 oz at a time

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 02:16:52 am »
Most people find raw veggie-juices to taste somewhat foul so they use extras such as raw honey, coconut cream, raw cream and the like to sweeten the taste.
The only exception re raw veg I can think of is raw carrots which are universally liked in juice-form.

It will probably take a ton of coconut cream and honey to make celery leafs juice taste good  :)

I don't want to juice a lot of root vegetables and especially sweet ones.

why are you feeling the need to juice?

Experimenting. I'm also thinking of replacing most water I drink with juices.

green zucchini is an excellent base, yellow ones are rather sweet, they are generally inexpensive and are said to pull mucus out of the system (i think drinking a juice of it is akin to that broth with the zucchini, green beans...etc....good samaratin posted about it i think i forget he medicinal uses of the broth though)

i would do zucchini, parlsey, and a few celery stalks....kale(chewing the stocks of these is more pleasent though, they are delicious, i spit out the harsh fibers) but not drink(chew) more then 4 oz at a time

I cant find zucchini here, or at least not in winter.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 04:13:26 am »

I want to make one clarification about celery here. What I tried was the leafs juice from Celeriac. It's the only one available here.

I think that most people on the PD juice Celery Stalks, which is probably not as awful as I described earlier.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/3-different-varieties-of-celery

Offline Hans89

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 05:52:07 am »
I've juiced lettuce before. It was quite good. Also chard or spinach. Tastes fine with me. YMMV

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »
The three main bases I like are celery, cucumbers, or carrots. They are all excellent and I think you can use them separately as bases or combine them in different amounts to vary juice recipes.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »
of course technically, cucumbers are fruits.
and carrots are a root crop.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 03:20:17 am »
Beets and Cucumbers :-)

or make your own fermented beet juice, very rich in everything.
Cucumber are recommended by Konstantin Monastyrsky as one of the best juicing 'fruits' to moisten and move bowels.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 03:07:41 am »
    That makes sense. Around 1989 book Back to Eden by Jethro Kloss read cucumbers particularly peeled had the most biological organic chlorine good for the intestines.

Aajonus is having people blend the cucumber instead of juicing it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 03:30:02 am »
What about wheatgrass or other small grains? Those are the most bio-available of all vegetation and are the only ones with most of the minerals.

There are plenty of weeds that would make amazing juices.

Amaranth, purslain, lambs quarters, comfrey, nettles, chickweed. There are plenty of others. I bet blight berry, sweet potato greens and malabar spinach would be good. Dandelion, chicory, alfalfa, plaintain, dock, burdock... etc.

Wild vegetables are way higher in minerals and vitamins than cultivated vegetables are generally, not to mention you can get them extremely fresh and out of the wild.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 02:38:46 pm »
    Aajonus is against very strong juices like wheat grass.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 03:09:14 pm »
Really? I wonder why. Grass has much less toxicity than any other edible plant is what I heard.

Nearly every mammal on earth besides those that live in the sea eat grass.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:12 pm »
    Depends on what you experience as toxicity and nourishing.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 11:00:43 pm »
i dunno, i am not a fan of juicing, be sure you properly chew your juice to get some enzymes going, i think if you are going to eat veggies just bypass the juice process and chew the veggies and if the fibers are too tough just spit em out

each vegetable has a medicinal purpose though, why are you feeling the need to juice?

celery is excellent for mineralization and also hcl production in the stomach, the leaves have a good amount of chlorophyll which helps to cleanse the blood and systems of the body (i think it makes the helpful microorganisms happy or the others not so much)  the bitter i assume would spark the gallbladder and liver into producing some enzymes.

red cabbage has a lot of sulphur which is pleasing to the liver, it is also said to heal the stomach and intestinal lining.

Hi,

It is the green or the yellow that pulls out  mucus or both? where can I find that post?

Thank you
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk