Author Topic: How long do raw eaters sleep?  (Read 5521 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
How long do raw eaters sleep?
« on: January 15, 2010, 12:44:16 pm »
Hi
Ive read that raw vegans often naturally sleep less, like 4-5 hours in some cases. Just wondering how about all you raw meat eaters out there? Any reduction in sleeping time? I also heard that carnivores sleep more than herbivores in nature...anyone know about this to?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: How long do raw eaters sleep?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:38:09 pm »
    Raw vegans can't sleep; because they're too busy eating. 

Raw meat eaters can sleep when they like; because we don't need to spend all our time digesting and grazing to try to get enough nutrients.

Have you anything you experienced reference this?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 05:20:22 pm »
Well, it's difficult for me to judge. You see for some years prior to going rawpalaeo, I had chronic fatigue and routinely had to sleep 10 hours a day or feel even worse during the day. These days, I routinely go to bed at 1am or 2am and get up at 7am, weekends getting up at 8am or so. I'm not sure if I would feel more active if I slept a standard 8 hours.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 05:52:48 pm »
I have yet to notice a difference in my sleeping time.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 08:32:04 pm »
I sleep 9 hours a night which is essentially unchanged from my pre-RAF days.
I have noticed it's so much easier to fall asleep though since the change; it very rarely takes me more than 2 or 3 minutes to pass out. :)
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »
I sleep 9 hours a night which is essentially unchanged from my pre-RAF days.
I have noticed it's so much easier to fall asleep though since the change; it very rarely takes me more than 2 or 3 minutes to pass out. :)
That's been my experience as well. I don't dream for long periods any more like in pre-RPD days, I just drop off to sleep very quickly. I have come across a few scientific studies which claim that states of depression vastly increase dreaming-states so that might be an explanation.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 05:58:10 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 12:16:38 am »
That's been my experience as well. I don't dream for long periods any more like in pre-RPD days, I just drop off to sleep very quickly. I have come across a few scientific studies which claim that states of depression vastly increase dreaming-states so that might bean explanation.
That's an interesting comment (I was intrigued the last time you mentioned it as well). I very, very seldom dream myself nowadays.
I had an average amount of dreams as a child and into adolescence & early adulthood. After I cut out most of the variety in my diet due to food allergies and moved towards a higher percentage of meat the quantity of dreams decreased dramatically (not quite where I am now but a significant drop). Then when I relapsed into eating dairy for a couple months (following my unintentional rabbit starvation-esque period) the quantity and vividness increased dramatically. After I stopped eating dairy again and moved towards a cooked carnivorous and then raw carnivorous diet things quieted down more and more. I'd say I have one remembered dream a month if that.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 06:00:14 pm »
I vaguely recall reading somewhere  that, for dairy-intolerant people, certain molecules in the dairy can cross the blood-brain barrier, and thus affect the brain with hormonal effects. That would explain the dreaming-stimulation.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 01:51:56 pm »
I vaguely recall reading somewhere  that, for dairy-intolerant people, certain molecules in the dairy can cross the blood-brain barrier, and thus affect the brain with hormonal effects. That would explain the dreaming-stimulation.

In the casein molecule I believe of 229 amino acids that the sixty-seventh in the newer breed cows is histidine while in the older breeds of bovines and in goats and sheep it's proline. 

I don't remember which, but of proline and histine, one binds with something called something like BM7, it's some kind of opiate-like substance.

Is that what you mean? 

Anyway, whether it causes dreaming or not, I'm not sure it's a bad amino acid for everyone, or if it's good for some people.

Personally I have a bias in favor of A2 breeds being better, but I think each individual who gets a cow should learn the difference first before getting one, and then choose for themselves which milk giving animal provides better for their own drinking or eating needs.

Maybe both A2 and A1 milk giving animals give dreams.  It could have something to do with why people "count sheep" before falling asleep.

Many people who are dairy intolerant do better with A2. 

I like dreams.  I like the short dreamless sleep I get when I eat raw meat and no carbs or dairy.  They're both good in my opinion.  Of course there are times you want to sleep less, and in those times I'd say go paleo, no milk of course.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 05:37:31 pm »
Judging from the reports, A2 milk may just be a commercial fraud:-

http://www.redmountainspa.com/_health_education_fitness/articles/a2milk.php
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 09:04:15 pm »
When sedentry eating raw ZC with liver around 5-6 hours sleep. Ketones are better for sleeping deeply the liver reduces how much sleep is needed. My experience.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk