Author Topic: So exactly what kind of work is the human body designed to do?  (Read 10882 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
So exactly what kind of work is the human body designed to do?
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:17:38 pm »
Monkeys swing from trees, birds fly, what do humans do as their primary exercise in nature?
Thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline aunaturale

• Trapper
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: So exactly what kind of work is the human body designed to do?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 01:50:08 pm »
Well, put yourself in a cavemans shoes
You'd be performing short sprints in order to catch your food....

exposing yourself to hours of sun (vitamin D), but primarily Id like to think
you'd be moving, pushing boulders, hiking climbing, some stretching and a lot of
walking.

"The more I learn what is a man, the more I want to be an animal."

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 02:26:33 pm »
    Pushing boulders is good when I have "some meat on my bones", and running is fun, but I love trees.  Maybe just like we are omnivores when it comes to food (RVAF not even RFAF), could we be designed to do many differing kinds of work?

Maybe one of the reasons I do good eating raw eggs and raw chicken is because I was designed for trees and they were too.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »
Monkeys swing from trees, birds fly, what do humans do as their primary exercise in nature?
Thanks

I'd point to sex. Make babies.  Take care of babies.  Feed babies.  Go hunt and gather to feed babies.

We are the descendants of obviously the most prolific humans.

The others who were weeded out didn't follow that train of thought.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline extralizard13

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:34:08 pm »
   Pushing boulders is good when I have "some meat on my bones", and running is fun, but I love trees.  Maybe just like we are omnivores when it comes to food (RVAF not even RFAF), could we be designed to do many differing kinds of work?

Maybe one of the reasons I do good eating raw eggs and raw chicken is because I was designed for trees and they were too.

I know a lot of people like that as well. I was a tree-kid. Spent all my time in a magnolia, watching birds and cars. Same with rock-climbing. Although, strangely, I've always hated eggs (again, cooked). (Although the only kinds I've liked are the ones that are goopy.) What kind of eggs are safe for people to eat?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 02:40:35 pm »
    I guess any eggs from an animal that eats insects, or from a fish.  I think turtle eggs are safe.

I've never in my life liked scrambled eggs nor hard boiled egg yolks.  When I was a cooked omni, I liked soft-boiled eggs better than any other style.  I also put raw in shakes.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:30:22 pm »
I'd point to sex. Make babies.  Take care of babies.  Feed babies.  Go hunt and gather to feed babies.

We are the descendants of obviously the most prolific humans.

The others who were weeded out didn't follow that train of thought.
  When you look at human biology one can see that we're ill-adapted to having big-brained babies(women in order to walk upright have to have narrower hips than is ideal for giving birth to large-brained babies). So, being prolific in terms of making babies wasn't the reason for us becoming human. If that were the sole criteria we'd still be walking on all fours.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:55 pm »
  When you look at human biology one can see that we're ill-adapted to having big-brained babies(women in order to walk upright have to have narrower hips than is ideal for giving birth to large-brained babies). So, being prolific in terms of making babies wasn't the reason for us becoming human. If that were the sole criteria we'd still be walking on all fours.

I look at the current evidence.  Billions of humans.  Top predator.  Top animal of this world.
Smart enough to figure out the so called ill-adapted notion.
Plus defend the tribe from warring tribes.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:45:13 pm »
I look at the current evidence.  Billions of humans.  Top predator.  Top animal of this world.
Smart enough to figure out the so called ill-adapted notion.
Plus defend the tribe from warring tribes.

The catch is that humans only started to really outbreed other species once the Neolithic era arrived. So unhealthy diets may well lead to greater reproduction-rates but that isn't the reason why we became the top predator of the food-chain as that already happened in palaeo times.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »
Thanks

spend a week in the forest first finding a decent location, building your own shelter, gathering water, building fires, tracking animals, imagine having to contribute enough labor to help substantiate a family and possible a tribe and also being somewhat nomadic and having to do this often, long walks/hikes/hunts, taking down shelter, rebuilding shelter, carrying most of it with you, carrying water, long hunts....you will understand what you body is meant to do and how strong cavemen were to survive and flourish in nature.  nature is huge and all the things we use from it are large and unwieldy, without the use of machine nature is a big heavy humbling creature...we are so disassociated with this now it is hard to give proper thought to where everything we have comes from natural resources, the labor of our ancestors (humans, animals, plants....all of those that have come before).  our whole day was physical labor(exercise)

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 10:56:41 pm »

pfff, we were supposed to sit at the computer all day performing mindless repetitive tasks of course.

I believe that the human body can adapt to perform all kinds of activities (mental or physical), so it was designed to be able to adapt and not for any specific task.

William

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 01:01:05 am »
Work? work? Work is a four-letter word.

our whole day was physical labor(exercise)

Women are good at work, and many seem to actually like it, while men are good at sitting around drinking beer, scratching themselves, farting, laughing at each other's bs stories.
Paleoman would have substituted smoking hemp leaves for beer.

Sometimes men would wander into the forest, poke an animal with a stick then cut it into parts easy to carry home.
We still do this - it is called hunting and we like it.
Nothing has changed.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 09:55:44 pm »
haha william you are correct
women are good at longer term and consistant things that would be akin to tending the paleo house, there are a lot of different reasons for this but my most pagan/paleo explanation would be mostly women are ruled by the moon, which is bound to the earth, thus the need/enjoyment/pull towards some grounding activities and stability.  weaving, fetching water, gathering.  men are energetic stars like our sun, so they use this intensity to catch animals and drag them back, i am sure they women probably butchered and stored much of the meat while the children and men feasted, the men falling into deep slumber once full, which is also analogous to reproduction in our species, man aroused-quick labor of sex-ejactulation/fullfillment-slumber
women courted-kind of aroused-labor of pleasing partner!-not really that fullfilled -end-carrying child for nine months?
what? anyway everything is one in the same

Offline extralizard13

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 05:03:43 am »
women are good at longer term and consistant things that would be akin to tending the paleo house, there are a lot of different reasons for this but my most pagan/paleo explanation would be mostly women are ruled by the moon, which is bound to the earth, thus the need/enjoyment/pull towards some grounding activities and stability.  weaving, fetching water, gathering.  men are energetic stars like our sun, so they use this intensity to catch animals and drag them back, i am sure they women probably butchered and stored much of the meat while the children and men feasted, the men falling into deep slumber once full, which is also analogous to reproduction in our species, man aroused-quick labor of sex-ejactulation/fullfillment-slumber
women courted-kind of aroused-labor of pleasing partner!-not really that fullfilled -end-carrying child for nine months?

Most men I know wouldn't, in their life, butcher an animal. I've been fascinated by it and would think I'd enjoy it. Most women I know are energetic after sex--they can't just sleep or cuddle, but are ready to do other things, like go out to get food or, in general, something productive.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 11:27:56 am »
spend a week in the forest first finding a decent location, building your own shelter, gathering water, building fires, tracking animals, imagine having to contribute enough labor to help substantiate a family and possible a tribe and also being somewhat nomadic and having to do this often, long walks/hikes/hunts, taking down shelter, rebuilding shelter, carrying most of it with you, carrying water, long hunts....you will understand what you body is meant to do and how strong cavemen were to survive and flourish in nature.  nature is huge and all the things we use from it are large and unwieldy, without the use of machine nature is a big heavy humbling creature...we are so disassociated with this now it is hard to give proper thought to where everything we have comes from natural resources, the labor of our ancestors (humans, animals, plants....all of those that have come before).  our whole day was physical labor(exercise)

The only reason nature is large & unwieldy, is because we've become large & unwieldy, I dont believe we were ever meant to become sentient in the sense we are now, we were meant to be animals

If you read Lloyd Pyes work, he points out we've been lied to, cavemen looked nothing like us, they were essentially real animals & lived in total harmony with nature, as easily & comfortably as any gorilla or chimpanzee, they probably used sticks & stones in the same way chimps & monkeys use sticks today

They had natural insulation in the same vein as any dog or animal, could survive plenty of cold & find shelter if they wanted to, just like any animal

Whether theyre linked to us or not is highly debatable

We were meant to be animals, something changed all that & it sure as hell wasnt evolution ...

True sentiency is a persons imagination or dream states, the freedom of infinite action & an infinite number of realities, the same sentiency all animals use & the environment around us uses, our conciousness doesnt have the complexity to understand the world around it, filtering the world around it to a level of understanding it can understand, where animals seem unsentient & our environment unsentient & uncommunicable

This is why when babies are born, they loose 90% of their braincells, theyre forced from a dream state of infinite possibilities to a reality of a mass induced hallucinated belief in 3 dimensions

The human body is basically designed to work strenously in short bursts of upto 15-20 minutes, before it incurs heart damage

It can walk in leisure or in step infinitely, humans have always been designed to walk using gait for long distance walking over hundreds of miles, none stop safely, which many people in places like ethiopia still do to this day

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 11:33:21 am »
I like that true sentiency thing.

The Quantavolutionists have their own hypothesis about how that came about.

Offline raw meat man

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:17 pm »
We are not designed for much cardio or quick stuff. We would have just sat around for long periods of time as ambush hunters. A bit like Alligators. Thats why those people today that exercise just get too skinny, carb addicted, end up drinking water or get injured.

Lifting weights is as unatural as eating carbs or cooked food. We would have just killed an animal, ate it on the spot with fat being the first priority cos its the highest caloric food choice. Then we would have relaxed and digested the fats. No exercise, no running with a heart rate monitor, no gym memberships..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk