Author Topic: Can you overdose or Poison Using Charcoal??  (Read 15995 times)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Can you overdose or Poison Using Charcoal??
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:55:39 pm »
Apart from raw meat, im using charcoal alot, i find it works incredibly with raw meat.

I was wondering can you overdose or poison yourself if you use charcoal alot, or in high doses, topically as well as ingestion?

thnx

carnivore

Re: Can you overdose or Poison Using Charcoal??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:16:05 am »
why do you use charcoal ?
And how do you use eat with meat ?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:07:46 am by carnivore »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:19:09 am »
    Charcoal is cooked.  I'd prefer to only use it at times I need it, which has been zilch since starting RAF.

Charcoal absorbs things and makes them not affect you.  This includes poisons and vitamins.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 01:37:07 am »
Activated charcoal, is basically an adsorbant, it avoids any of the toxins & poisons of regular charcoal, its also amazing for your digestive system & far superior to clay as a detoxant, as it doesnt bind to vital nutrients, its basically a very safe, inert carbon, & most importantly its not a herb, or medicinal, so no side effects, making it completely natural, as charcoal is in all clay & soils

Any ulcers or stomach, digestive problems it instantly cures, & it safely detoxes your body thanks its adsorbancy, electrostatic binding, as opposed to absorbant clay, making it ridiculously safe & inert for use

If you cant tolerate certain foods, or suffer from nausea, activated charcoal will correct those too

Animals regularly use charcoal, soil, sediment, mud etc., as do thousands of tribes on their face & bodies, as do hippo's etc., charcoal is also a vital component of mud & clay

I replace salt with a small amount of charcoal, with my mixture of chilli powder, turmeric & curcumin, which i cake all meats with, raw organs taste really well with this mixture

Newbies love the taste of the chilli mix, especially the raw organs, in fact they complain the fillets & steaks dont taste as good as the raw organs lol, because the spices work so well with the organs

The charcoal has to be around 1/3 of a teaspoon, a couple of pinches, as you only need a small amount to effect the taste.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:11:08 am by roony »

alphagruis

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 04:04:09 am »
   Charcoal is cooked.  I'd prefer to only use it at times I need it, which has been zilch since starting RAF.

The word "cooked" is misleading here because it suggest the presence of heat generated toxins such as AGE's for instance. It is important to realize that this is definitely not the case. There is really absolutely nothing to worry about in this respect. Charcoal is just elemental carbon in a highly porous form.

It is the result of heating plant material such as wood but at temperatures up to 1000°C that are way higher than usual cooking temperatures up to 200°C. At these temperatures all of the toxic molecules formed at the much lower cooking temperatures are destroyed by pyrolysis. And by the way no calories would be left in any food that would be "cooked" as charcoal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activated_carbon

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:10:58 am by alphagruis »

carnivore

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 04:12:15 am »
Activated charcoal, is basically an ascorbent, it avoids any of the toxins & poisons of regular charcoal, its also amazing for your digestive system & far superior to clay as a detoxant, as it doesnt bind to vital nutrients, its basically a very safe, inert carbon, & most importantly its not a herb, or medicinal, so no side effects, making it completely natural, as charcoal is in all clay & soils

Any ulcers or stomach, digestive problems it instantly cures, & it safely detoxes your body thanks its ascorbancy, electrostatic binding, as opposed to absorbant clay, making it ridiculously safe & inert for use

If you cant tolerate certain foods, or suffer from nausea, activated charcoal will correct those too

Animals regularly use charcoal, soil, sediment, mud etc., as do thousands of tribes on their face & bodies, as do hippo's etc., charcoal is also a vital component of mud & clay

I replace salt with a small amount of charcoal, with my mixture of chilli powder, turmeric & curcumin, which i cake all meats with, raw organs taste really well with this mixture

Newbies love the taste of the chilli mix, especially the raw organs, in fact they complain the fillets & steaks dont taste as good as the raw organs lol, because the spices work so well with the organs

The charcoal has to be around 1/3 of a teaspoon, a couple of pinches, as you only need a small amount to effect the taste.

Can you take charcoal with fat ?
I have read that clay should be taken far from fat. I wonder if it's also true with carcoal ?

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 04:20:17 am »
The word "cooked" is misleading here because it suggest the presence of heat generated toxins such as AGE's for instance. It is important to realize that this is definitely not the case. There is really absolutely nothing to worry about in this respect. Charcoal is just elemental carbon in a highly porous form.

It is the result of heating plant material such as wood but at temperatures up to 1000°C that are way higher than usual cooking temperatures up to 200°C. At these temperatures all of the toxic molecules formed at the much lower cooking temperatures are destroyed by pyrolysis. And by the way no calories would be left in any food that would be "cooked" as charcoal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activated_carbon

thanks for the reply alpha,

do you know if aerogels made of formaldehyde, or methane, basically carbon aerogels are as none toxic as activated charcoal?

As theyre adsorbancy & surface area, is around 20-30 times greater then charcoal, theyre also used to capture space dust & exotic quantum materials lol ...

I'm fascinated by sediments soils, clay etc., activated charcoal's given the best results so far, im just wondering if there are substances with even greater surface area's, & are as none toxic as activated charcoal

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:38:41 am by roony »

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 04:32:33 am »
Can you take charcoal with fat ?
I have read that clay should be taken far from fat. I wonder if it's also true with carcoal ?

Where did you see that, a quote or a source would be great

Charcoal & clay work differently, charcoals surface area allows it to generate a electrostatic field, which attracts pollutants & toxins, without harming surrounding tissue & leaving vital nutrients intact, something clay, mud etc., dont as their surface area's are about a 100 times less.

I've tried it with butter as a toothpaste, basically mix the two together, it works even better, as the fat allows the charcoal to absorb toxins from your gums & areas of peridontosis, while nourishing your teeth & regrowing your enamel etc., at the same time.

Charcoal also gets rid of body odour, & bad breath

So basically, ive chucked my soap, & deodarant & my breath smells great too lol

I'm guessing if i can find a none toxic substance, with an even greater surface area, you probably wouldnt even need to brush your teeth ...

For some reason, it also protects your skin from the cold too, maybe because it removes the toxins from your skin so fast, it functions alot better?

I noticed after applying the charcoal, & splashing cold water i hardly noticed the effects of the cold water ...

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:44:05 am by roony »

alphagruis

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 04:46:48 am »
thanks for the reply alpha,

do you know if aerogels made of formaldehyde, or methane, basically carbon aerogels are as none toxic as activated charcoal?

As theyre adsorbancy & surface area, is around 20-30 times greater then charcoal, theyre also used to capture space dust & exotic quantum materials lol ...

I'm fascinated by sediments soils, clay etc., activated charcoal's given the best results so far, im just wondering if there are substances with even greater surface area's, & are as none toxic as activated charcoal

I don't know really. Aerogels are apparently not used in similar medical instances as charcoal. The main risk of toxicity seems to be the irritating properties of these highly divided materials i.e. the generation of toxic microfibers as in the case of asbestos. 

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 05:02:09 am »
I don't know really. Aerogels are apparently not used in similar medical instances as charcoal. The main risk of toxicity seems to be the irritating properties of these highly divided materials i.e. the generation of toxic microfibers as in the case of asbestos. 

From what i understand, asbestos is dangerous because it uses a toxic substance to start with, if the act of prolysis is so effective i dont see none toxic materials with high surface areas developing irritants, as long as the basic material isnt toxic & the process is as none toxic as charcoal.

In fact the high surface areas could be miracolous, allowing people to regenerate bones rapidly & rapid detoxing, in a matter of minutes instead of the days & weeks, without overloading the liver & kidneys etc.

You could heal a lifetime of cooked diet, in a matter of hours, instead of the years aajonus states to regenerate bone & tissue, basically accelerate the raw paleo diet to incredible levels ...

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 06:17:03 am »
I've used activated charcoal by itself to get rid of poisons in the gut.
Thank you for your ideas on how to even better use it innovatively.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 07:00:17 am »

Hey, maybe that's why such dry cooked chicken to the point you could crumple it apart into nothing but dry flakes didn't seem to bother me like other cooked chicken and cooked meat.  Thank you!  In the chicken case, I still don't think I'd be interested in testing that out personally by eating it in future.

I still don't know why someone would take charcoal, unless they were already toxic, and need it to mop up.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 07:14:09 am »
I've used activated charcoal by itself to get rid of poisons in the gut.
Thank you for your ideas on how to even better use it innovatively.

I firmly believe we can get rid of all detergents & toxic substances, like soap & moisturisers & replace them with naturally occurring soils & clays, you could also clean your table tops & floors, with wet charcoal, as its electrostatic properties allows you to clean & leave all beneficial naturally occurring bacteria's & viruses in your environment

I'd recommend mixing a small amount of lard or suet, or butter to the wet charcoal, & mix some ground beef to the mixture to replace all your detergents, for your table tops & floors

as charcoal isnt very good at binding to heavy metals such as fluoride & mercury, raw animal fats are excellent at binding to heavy metals & none organic poisons, ground beef neutralises a massive amount of poisons & toxic materials

Making for excellent natural table top & floor cleaner ... lol i just invented Raw Paleo Detergent!!!   :o

The large amount of charcoal prevents the butter etc., & ground beef from smelling, it basically deodarises the butter etc., & beef

The charcoal has to be fully immersed in the water etc, as dry particulates are prone to irritants in the lungs, mucus membranes etc.,

carnivore

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »
The charcoal has to be fully immersed in the water etc, as dry particulates are prone to irritants in the lungs, mucus membranes etc.,

Do you mean that you should not eat charcoal as is in pounder, but always mix it with water, otherwise it can irritates ?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 05:48:47 pm »
I did try charcoal early on in the diet. Didn't work gave me stomach-pains.

Charcoal is really non-rawpalaeo, IMO. Wouldn't have existed before the invention of fire. I'll move this to the hot topics forum.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

alphagruis

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 07:42:56 pm »
I did try charcoal early on in the diet. Didn't work gave me stomach-pains.

Charcoal is really non-rawpalaeo, IMO. Wouldn't have existed before the invention of fire. I'll move this to the hot topics forum.

Charcoal is not paleo food but something like it could have been occasionaly formed during natural fires. It is just a medicine as clay that may be useful during the transition from SAD to RPD or in case of accidental or chronic intoxication by chemicals or heavy metals. The SAD to RPD transition period by itself is also not paleo nor is the previous SAD period. Something non paleo may be temporarily very helpful to recover from our unfortunate neolithic adventure.

So doesn't this topic rather belong to the health topics forum?

alphagruis

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 08:14:38 pm »
From what i understand, asbestos is dangerous because it uses a toxic substance to start with, if the act of prolysis is so effective i dont see none toxic materials with high surface areas developing irritants, as long as the basic material isnt toxic & the process is as none toxic as charcoal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos

Unfortunately this is not the case. Asbestos is a silicate mineral. Clay in soils is also silicate. These materials are quite stable non toxic chemicals. It is really the physical highly divided form of the material that counts, namely here the tiny irritating fibers asbestos is made of. Once in our organisms we can't easily get rid of them, they stick to specific tissues and adjacent cells are continuously damaged , degenerate, become eventually cancerous...  

In fact the high surface areas could be miracolous, allowing people to regenerate bones rapidly & rapid detoxing, in a matter of minutes instead of the days & weeks, without overloading the liver & kidneys etc.

You could heal a lifetime of cooked diet, in a matter of hours, instead of the years aajonus states to regenerate bone & tissue, basically accelerate the raw paleo diet to incredible levels ...

I'm not sure that further increasing specific surface areas would actually be of any help. This is certainly not the limiting factor because toxins must be freed and migrate from tissues, bones etc to the gut where charcoal might bind them. And this is certainly a very lenghty process.

I don't think there is any serious way to heal a lifetime of cooked diet in a matter of hours. Unfortunately.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 06:47:51 pm »
Charcoal is not paleo food but something like it could have been occasionaly formed during natural fires. It is just a medicine as clay that may be useful during the transition from SAD to RPD or in case of accidental or chronic intoxication by chemicals or heavy metals. The SAD to RPD transition period by itself is also not paleo nor is the previous SAD period. Something non paleo may be temporarily very helpful to recover from our unfortunate neolithic adventure.

So doesn't this topic rather belong to the health topics forum?
 No, it doesn't. Even if formed in natural forest fires, it is extremely unlikely that it was ever used by hominids prior to the invention of fire, so I view it as controversial. Plus raw edible clay is at least as, if not more,effective, re getting rid of toxins ,so there's no need to use something as potentially dodgy as charcoal. Aside from that, I'm always wary of claims of a quick fix - my own experiments with clay had only a minimal effect re detox(1st time worked, all subsequent trials didn't), and my experiments with charcoal were a dismal failure re detox attempts. Better to recommend a rawpalaeo diet instead and avoid recommending supplements as much as is feasible.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:12:24 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 08:29:40 pm »
With activated charcoal?

What exactly happened, im not using charcoal as a sole detoxant, im combining it with fats & as a basic scrub like a claymask or a scrub

I'm not ingesting large amounts of charcoal, nor would i recommend it, it is however superior to clays for specific problems, like ulcers & internal bleeding

It is also superior to clays as a face mask, because of its high surface area, which safely clears the surface of your skin of a large number of known pollutants, & embedded grains of poisons from petrol & cars, charcoal is amazing for car pollution, but it has to be combined with animal fats, as charcoal cant detox heavy metals like flouride & mercury, but butter & other animal fats can

Again im not suggesting people use large amounts of charcoal, or rely on it as a wonder cure, as a face mask ive always suggested small amounts on the tips of your fingers

The high surface area of charcoal is important, because of the large amounts of very fine poisonous particles from factories & industries, which get embedded into the skin, clays because of their lower surface area cannot bind & draw these very fine poison particles from pollutants saturating every city, out of your skin, charcoal in small quantities can

The same applies to detoxant fats, like animal fats like butter, they will eventually detox your skin if ingested enough, but nowhere near as fast as a small amount of a high surface area such as charcoal

Charcoal will bind & draw those fine particulates of industrial pollutants out of your skin instantly

As a detoxant or for ulcers, internal bleeding & allergies or intolerances, all you need are very small about 2 or 3 teaspoons a day

As for charcoal not being a paleo substance, ALL soil contains charcoal, all clays contain charcoal

Activated charcoal is simply regular charcoal safely made inert to increase its suface area, as its a new technique of using charcoal, isnt classed as paleo

Also charcoal is a major part of our environment, always has been, charcoal in nature is created within the soil by natural pressure not fire

Cavemen have always breathed charcoal & ingested charcoal, as its a component of most soils & sediment, for millions of years

I too have tested muds & clays in large quantities, in my own experiments, i've found all muds & clays to be harmful & deleterous, in large quantities, as theyre indiscriminate in their binding to nutrients & toxins

You need large amounts of nutrition, to benefit from muds & clays

Charcoal is superior in small amounts, simply because it detoxes without binding to ANY nutrients, this is the major difference between clay & why i recommend charcoal in small amounts, to deal with the detox side effects of a raw diet, to all my chronic clients

Again do NOT ingest large amounts of activated charcoal, as it can become an irritant in the lungs & mucous membranes, used in small amounts WITH large amounts of animal fats, which prevent & draw the small amounts charcoal away from vital areas

Do not rely on clay, soils, muds & charcoal as a powerful detoxant, as large amounts are deleterous to nutrition, small amounts of two or three teaspoons a day are fine

Or the odd claywrap or claybath, but you'll need massive amounts of nutrition to recover from them, as they bind indiscriminately

Also im not trying to replace the paleo diet, im trying to find substances compatible & help us heal better on it, no diet is perfect & is always open to improvement

I'm also indiscriminate to all raw diets, whether its a raw vegan diet, or a raw paleo diet

I've successfully used both diets to cure plenty of disease using both diets, if a client doesnt want to eat raw meat, i give him a raw vegan diet, because i know how to use it to cure disease

I was a raw vegan for about 2 or 3 years before i switched to a raw paleo diet
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:38:44 pm by roony »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 08:54:59 pm »
With activated charcoal?

Yes. I only used small amounts of it in the early phase of going rawpalaeo, as an experiment. Anyway, it didn't work and I got moderate stomach-aches from it - that kind of digestive issue I normally only get with cooked animal foods.

As for claims re heavy-metal-cures, I have to admit I am very sceptical of such claims . AV likes to claim that almost every illness is based on some form of heavy-metal-poisoning which makes me doubt it even more. That said, I know that a large proportion of rawpalaeos are in favour of the theory, so I'll leave it as undecided for now.

As far as charcoal is concerned, I don't mind it being discussed in the hot topics forum now and again. After all, there will always be slightly different viewpoints of what works re health within the RVAF diet community and like you said a rawpalaeodiet isn't the sole solution to health-issues(exercise etc. also being important). I'm just leery of charcoal being discussed in the general discussions forum as that is meant to be focused on a rawpalaeodiet. Other non-RPD-related topics can go to the off-topics forum or hot topics forum as appropriate. That way the emphasis is on rawpalaeo, overall. Plus, the board benefits as a whole as other forums get more posts - I find that too many people currently put non-RPD-related threads into the general discussions forum.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 09:20:43 pm »
Well i find charcoal very beneficial for beginners to raw paleo, as their digestive systems are so damaged, they need small doses of detoxants, like charcoal to help them recover

In your instance, you probably have a very healthy digestive system, which probably operates in excess of what charcoal can do, this probably explains your adverse effect, since i dont know your health, i cant comment on your adverse effect, even though ive seen it do wonders for clients with highly compromised digestive systems

Can you pls state why you think, fats dont bind to heavy metals? do you have any studies or anything you can post?

thnx

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 12:10:53 am »
Re fats/studies:- The area of raw animal fats is so vague that no studies have been made on the subject, AFAIK.

As for my own case, my digestive system was deeply damaged by years of SAD diets, especially in my early years of rawpalaeo, so that any cooked food even charcoal had some effect.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 04:00:36 am »
Re fats/studies:- The area of raw animal fats is so vague that no studies have been made on the subject, AFAIK.

As for my own case, my digestive system was deeply damaged by years of SAD diets, especially in my early years of rawpalaeo, so that any cooked food even charcoal had some effect.

Well in that case why do you think fats dont bind to heavy metals? I'm all for a wide range of views, thnx

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 06:23:20 pm »
Well in that case why do you think fats dont bind to heavy metals? I'm all for a wide range of views, thnx
Well, partly it's because Aajonus has made some highly dodgy claims about the raw fats in fish binding to mercury and other heavy metals. Given Minamata Bay where  Japanese (who prefer raw to cooked fish)still got mercury-poisoning after industrial pollution, I have my doubts re this.
" Ron Paul.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 08:00:52 pm »
Well, partly it's because Aajonus has made some highly dodgy claims about the raw fats in fish binding to mercury and other heavy metals. Given Minamata Bay where  Japanese (who prefer raw to cooked fish)still got mercury-poisoning after industrial pollution, I have my doubts re this.

Well yea, the fat in raw fish is never going to be able handle heavy amounts of direct industrial pollution, no detoxant is, even with activated charcoal or any other rapid detoxant or medical purging agent, you'll still get the mercury poisoning

But the detoxant or purging agent, will allow you to dispose of the industrial pollutant rapidly

You cant preventthe body from getting mercury poisoning, or any other type of pollutant, apart from a natural pollutant coating, specifically designed to counter pollution, but you can limit the amount of time it stays in your system, by fats

This the main reason soap is made from a highly concentrated solution of animal fats, for centuries

Fat's are known to have binding agents, fats've been studied & documented for centuries, its a known fact, the fat in your body draws toxins away from your vital organs & vascular system

It's already been stated with plenty of studies, moderately fat ppl are actually healthier then slim or toned, ppl which leads to & actually suffer from TOFI syndrome, (Thin on the outside, fat on the inside)

If fat's didnt efficiently & RAPIDLY rid the body of heavy metals, then how do you account for the people able to live functionally, with mercury & pounds of flouride & chlorine from dental, & water etc., on POOR diets of junk food etc.,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk