Author Topic: Brushing Teeth  (Read 20327 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Brushing Teeth
« on: January 24, 2010, 07:33:11 am »
Should one still brush one's teeth on a 100% raw carnivorous diet?

I ask this because of several things I've heard regarding the brushing of one's teeth:
1) You shouldn't brush your teeth whilst they have much acid on them, since acid weakens your enamel, so brushing would remove the enamel(once it's gone it's gone - apparently);
2) You should brush your teeth to remove left-over carbohydrates(of some sort, or in general I don't remember), because bacteria(maybe anaerobic, again I don't remember) will turn the carbohydrates in to acid, which will weaken your enamel.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Brushing Teeth
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:57:19 am »
You should brush your teeth regardless of the whole acid issue.  Your mouth will naturally make more saliva when it's acidic.  Don't worry about the acid.  Always brush your teeth after eating anything that can ferment.  Especially if it's in large amounts like grains. 
Opening Pandora's boxes, one box at a time.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:23:24 am »
I use a toothbrush to brush my teeth but only use water. It's basically just remove the large bits of meat that could be stuck between teeth.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:40:21 am »

I ask this because of several things I've heard regarding the brushing of one's teeth:
1) You shouldn't brush your teeth whilst they have much acid on them, since acid weakens your enamel, so brushing would remove the enamel(once it's gone it's gone - apparently);
2) You should brush your teeth to remove left-over carbohydrates(of some sort, or in general I don't remember), because bacteria(maybe anaerobic, again I don't remember) will turn the carbohydrates in to acid, which will weaken your enamel.

Generally, it's better to swish with something like bone meal, dolomite, or healing clays after  eating fruits like mango, apple, pear, etc., instead of brushing immediately.  Give the bone meal or other mineral time to neutralize the acids, at least 15 minutes, maybe, and then you can safely brush.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 02:23:23 pm »
uh, that's what saliva does, it neutralizes acid. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:17:55 am »
uh, that's what saliva does, it neutralizes acid. 

Not as well as bone meal, dolomite, etc. I nearly destroyed my teeth through years of fruitarianism, and I know how to fix teeth problems from fruit better than almost anyone, just because I learned to heal my own teeth. :)

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 07:47:29 pm »
Generally, it's better to swish with something like bone meal, dolomite, or healing clays after  eating fruits like mango, apple, pear, etc., instead of brushing immediately.  Give the bone meal or other mineral time to neutralize the acids, at least 15 minutes, maybe, and then you can safely brush.

How about salt? Will salt & clay be better? I usually follow Robert O. Nara's advice to brush just with salt water and use an irrigator.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 11:36:50 pm »
Of course fruit will destroy your teeth.  If the rate of destruction is greater than the rate of repair, then things will get broken down as in severe fruitarianism.  If you had eaten one fruit a day, I doubt that you had to brush your teeth.  Hunter/gatherers don't brush and they certainly don't go overboard with eating fruits and veggies.  Look at diehard vegans, they're the ugliest people alive.  Bad hair, skin, and teeth, not to mention muscles.  I can't stand how yellow their teeth are... disgusting. 

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 11:57:07 pm »

Not true, if you're ingesting stuff like glycerine from toothpastes regularly, which most people are, this prevents enamel & your teeth from regrowing

Unless the study specifically states a control with a period of time to allow for the decay of substances like glycerines & other substances, & specifically rule out glycerine fluoride etc., those studies are either fake or seriously flawed

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 01:12:35 am »
Look at diehard vegans, they're the ugliest people alive.  Bad hair, skin, and teeth, not to mention muscles.  I can't stand how yellow their teeth are... disgusting. 

Their diet causes gall bladder problems and liver problems.  That's why their teeth are yellow.  They need raw meat, raw animal ferments and raw animal fats from non-grain fed animals to clean it up and nourish their livers and bones.

When I had an active lifestyle (years) and was vegan (years) my muscles were miniscule to none.  I'm not active now but unlike before my lower back muscles and midback muscled are rock hard and decent size (or so I'm told by several people).  I used to be told I had a weak back etc all kinds of stuff about how weak my back was.  My back hurt everyday for years.  I had to do hatha yoga just so I could bend my back and get out of bed in the mornings, but not since I eat RAF's. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 01:21:10 am »
Will salt & clay be better? I usually follow Robert O. Nara's advice to brush just with salt water and use an irrigator.

Clay I like.  How long have you been following Nara? http://www.oneradionetwork2.com/mp3/health/dental/nara_robert_dds_dental_prevention_methods_cavaties_december_03_09.mp3
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:05:07 am by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 05:48:50 am »
Never use salt

Salt is another form of gun powder of TNT, it becomes explosive when ingested, it explodes & destroys your cells, when its come in contact with digestive enzymes

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 07:00:20 am »
How would you differentiate between salt in animal blood and say, himalayan crystal salt.

Recently been drinking water with a pinch of that in and it feels much more quenching.

I would love to get my hands on the fresh blood, i really would!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 07:06:28 am »
How would you differentiate between salt in animal blood and say, himalayan crystal salt.

I've done poorly trying hc salt.  It wasn't any better for me than any other salt.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:37 am »
How about salt? Will salt & clay be better? I usually follow Robert O. Nara's advice to brush just with salt water and use an irrigator.

Go easy on the salt.  Use Pascalite Tooth Powder on your teeth, it's extremely finely ground.  That's a good clay for teeth.  Salt kills back the bad bacteria in your mouth, but it also inhibits calcium absorption.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 06:00:35 pm »

Recently been drinking water with a pinch of that in and it feels much more quenching.

I would love to get my hands on the fresh blood, i really would!

Salt in animals is basically bile salts or bile from the kidneys, basically regulated bile specifically for the makeup of the blood, bile is highly sophisticated & customised for the blood in a person or animal, adding extra salt interferes with this process, forcing your kidney to make more bile to regulate & keep your blood supply flowing

Salt was initially an explosive material & still is today, its highly unstable, but it gets doped with stuff like iodine, once that iodine washes off inside the body, it becomes highly unstable & explodes, causing massive internal cellular damage

There is no scientific or nutritional significance to using salt in food, its like recommending people to season their food with explosive ammunition, or nitroglycerine ...

Salt is a very violent unstable explosive, in its natural form & reverts back when enzymes start to digest it

This applies to all salts, himalyan, table salt, sea salt etc.,

Once enzymes & other nutrients, isolate the salt, it reverts back to its natural form & starts to explode causing massive internal cells & tissue to become damaged

Eating salt regularly will cause everything from muscle atrophy, to growth development problems & cardio vascular problems, as the nutritional make up of your cells & tissue is constantly exploding or destroyed by the force of salt detonating in your blood stream

William

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:54 pm »
Salt was initially an explosive material & still is today, its highly unstable, but it gets doped with stuff like iodine, once that iodine washes off inside the body, it becomes highly unstable & explodes, causing massive internal cellular damage

There is no scientific or nutritional significance to using salt in food, its like recommending people to season their food with explosive ammunition, or nitroglycerine ...

Salt is a very violent unstable explosive, in its natural form & reverts back when enzymes start to digest it

I pay more than $20./lb. for gunpowder, so if salt really were an explosive, I would try it.

What you have written makes no sense. Please explain.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:08 pm »
I really dont have the time to go into it, as im not really interested in salt, i was just as surprised as you are, but salt was & is still really an explosive type of ammunition similar to tnt or nitroglycerine ...

aajonus explains it best here, in part two of his interview

http://onibasu.com/archives/nn/109340.html

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 03:10:11 pm »
Exploding salt in your body?  Anyways, if you read up on the sodium/potassium pump in cells, you'll see that you don't want to eat too much salt.  Nothing wrong with eating sodium chloride, but you better back it up with a lot more potassium.  That's the problem with the SAD, not enough potassium to counter all that sodium.  Another problem with the modern diet is how jacked up our electrolytes balance is.  After my rabbit starvation/muscle gaining stunt, I quickly learned to get my minerals in order.  From heart rate, insomnia, to high blood pressure, to psychosis, it is all dictated by electrolytes. 

BTW, the best medicine for high blood pressure or a heart attack is half a habanero.  Take it on an empty stomach and run to the bathroom.  I guarantee you'll drop so much pressure that it will leak out every orifice and I MEAN EVERY ORIFICE.  You will cry, you will sweat, you will drool, you will piss, and you will poop.  You will feel the pressure being sucked right out of your fingers.  Go ahead and throw away those worthless nitroglycerin pills.  Go eat some peppers. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 03:18:44 pm »
Exploding salt in your body?  Anyways, if you read up on the sodium/potassium pump in cells, ...From heart rate, insomnia, to high blood pressure, to psychosis, it is all dictated by electrolytes. 

BTW, the best medicine ... leak out every orifice and I MEAN EVERY ORIFICE.  You will cry, you will sweat, you will drool, you will piss, and you will poop.  You will feel the pressure being sucked right out of your fingers.  Go ahead and throw away those worthless nitroglycerin pills.  Go eat some peppers. 

One pepper does that to you?  All people are sissies.  I used to win pepper eating contests against a room full of guys, hands down.  The hot peppers did make my throat water though.  I think it was a high.  I don't like peppers anymore.  Maybe they were dehydrating my thyroid.  I think they're bad for the teeth too.

Offline redfulcrum

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 03:33:31 pm »
Let's do it when we meet up.  I'll bring my bag of fresh habaneros.  LOL!!!  One pepper... I like to see you eat one on an empty stomach. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 04:30:21 pm »
LOL!!!  One pepper... I like to see you eat one on an empty stomach. 

HabaƱeros go with diets high in rice, beans, yams, sour cream, fresh white cheese etc.  I used to eat plain grains or starchy roots and legumes every day.  When I was younger too with hot peppers I was eating cooked meat, sour cream and basically just different food from now.  I doubt paleo people were eating habaƱeros before they controlled fire.  Do you grow them yourself? 

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 03:36:42 am »
When Doctor Price visited the people in Switzerland he reported that their teeth were covered with green slime but had otherwise excellent teeth.
In Ayurveda most fruit is various shades of the taste sour. Sour aggrivates Pitta. Pitta is based in the stomach and when aggravated it migrates uphill as it is essentially heat (like fire) so if an upset stomach isn't noticed when eating too much fruit, then the next site it attacks is the teeth. It starts off as dental pain and in severe cases (like a friend of mine's wife, she was too stubborn to quit eating sour foods) causes such severe pain that removal of all the teeth is the only solution. OR stop eating so much fruit or sour stuff. I can't imagine being a fruitarian. Years ago I discovered that even drinking orange juice would give me cankers (mouth ulcers) so bad I could barely talk.

If you are using "Sensodyne" toothpaste you gotta give up spicy, sour foods period. Eat dairy (non-sour dairy) and other Pitta pacifying foods. Sensodyne toothpaste is essentially a local anaesthetic.
Cheers
Al

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 09:32:50 pm »
Is there anyone here who's been raw carnivorous ZC and not brushed their teeth for enough time for them to have an opinion on whether it's good or bad?

I've heard, regarding one other orifice which I don't possess, that washing/using chemicals can upset the pH balance and cause problems/smells. It is said that this orifice produces specific chemicals of its' own to clean itself and one should be careful interfering with its' own balance.

Would the mouth be similar?

The problem with sugar, I think, is that anaerobic bacteria use it and produce lactic acid which wears away at one's teeth. Can anything similar happen if one is only eating meat/fat/water..?

I've gone ~2days without brushing my teeth to try it. My teeth are in no pain, but there is a sort of ache there which makes me want to brush  them. There is also a fairly unpleasant taste in my mouth.

Ciao.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

William

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 10:22:57 pm »
Is there anyone here who's been raw carnivorous ZC and not brushed their teeth for enough time for them to have an opinion on whether it's good or bad?

Me. I don't remember when I last brushed teeth, but it's months. They are white and clean, no fuzz or plaque on them.

Another side effect of raw fativorous ZC is that there is significantly less body odour.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk