Author Topic: Length of Lifespan of Animal, Depending on Diet  (Read 6767 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Length of Lifespan of Animal, Depending on Diet
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:58:49 am »
    Someone who eats raw meat told me that vultures not in captivity live five hundred years each.  I tried googling now, nut all I found was this at motivateus.com:

Egyptian Vulture (average life-span of about 118 years)

If animals, birds and fish can outlive humans without getting sick and going to a doctor for pills, we must have our intelligence all mixed up in a conceited maze of refined intellectual thinking. Could it be we really do not need to die a premature death from disease? Do we have no option other than to declare, there is no other choice than intermittent illness throughout our lifetime, leading to an early grave?

Do meat eating varieties of animals live longer than their vegetarian counterparts?  Do vultures live longer because they eat animals that were already dead and rotting? (high meats) 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Length of Lifespan of Animal, Depending on Diet
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:03 am »
Some carrion crows live up to 70 years. They're very intelligent, like vultures.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:18 am »
Some carrion crows live up to 70 years. They're very intelligent, like vultures.

Better than corn and melon crows.

Crows, both male and female, have entirely black plumage, bills, legs, feet and claws. ... In the wild, crows live 6 to 7 years. In captivity they reach 20 years with the oldest recorded at 30 years.

-crowbusters.com

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

William

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 03:09:08 am »
IIRC vultures eat the softer and presumably fatty parts first, so maybe we could increase longevity by eating those parts while rotten.

So has anyone experimented with high fatty meat?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 03:32:00 am »
IIRC vultures eat the softer and presumably fatty parts first, ...So has anyone experimented with high fatty meat?

The person who told me the vultures live so long, also told me the vultures are big (size of goat) and strong.  That the vultures rip into dead cows through the cows' tough skin/hide.  I don't have experience with vultures myself.

Tyler makes tongue and other fatty high meats, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm happier with lean meat when it comes to high meats so far.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 04:21:54 am »
So has anyone experimented with high fatty meat?
Yes, I did. It was very strong! But I did it warm temperature - 20-30 degrees C. 

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 04:46:14 am »
But I did it warm temperature - 20-30 degrees C.  

That's 68F-86F.  I tried that with tongue.  Worms grew.  Any tips that are different with fatty highmeats as opposed to lean meats as far as the process you go through making it?  Seeing worms scares me.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 05:13:32 am »
That's 68F-86F.  I tried that with tongue.  Worms grew.  Any tips that are different with fatty highmeats as opposed to lean meats as far as the process you go through making it?  Seeing worms scares me.
I've eaten meat with maggots many times. In summer it's practically impossible no to have maggots. These green flies fly like crazy. ;)
I haven't compared high fatty meats with its lean counterparts, because they were aging in different times, in different temperatures.
What I can say is that they were really strong, pungent.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 05:22:06 am »
I've eaten meat with maggots many times. ... What I can say is that they were really strong, pungent.

Pungent raw food sounds good to me.  I actually have eaten a few (full fat milk) maggots.  They were crunchy and small.  I felt good after eating them, but I am not attracted to eating them much.  What are the larger meat maggots like in texture? 

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 07:02:13 am »
QUOTE:
Offline Hannibal
I've eaten meat with maggots many times. In summer it's practically impossible no to have maggots. These green flies fly like crazy. ;)
I haven't compared high fatty meats with its lean counterparts, because they were aging in different times, in different temperatures.
What I can say is that they were really strong, pungent.
REPLY:
Hannibal:   
Just had severe problem with water infection leading to prostate problems which were extremely painful.   Have been eating maggot infested fish and am seeking reassurance that a maggot did not go down the wrong way and end up blocking my prostate or penis?   As something of an expert on maggot consumption, can you confirm that maggots do not present a problem of this kind?   I found the maggots tasted sweet and crunchy and am alarmed to think this could have such unfortunate consequences.   Please help if you can!

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 07:38:28 am »
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...Like swallowing semen doesn't make you pregnant.
Maggots or any other food don't just bullet through your stomach to your prostate.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:09:24 am by JeuneKoq »

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 02:27:44 am »
REPLY:
Thanks for your very clear explanation, and my problem may have been caused by something like a kidney stone.   It is still being investigated - but without all the pain!

Following Sabertooth’s boundless enthusiasm for his ‘Maggot Meat’ I have been experimenting with maggot fish leaving a piece of Raw Cod in an open jar exposed to the interests of flies.   Tiny eggs resulted in maggots which were crunchy and sweet tasting and set to work on the fish to help it go rotten.    I tried it and found it was unusual, interesting, and tasted quite nice.    Previously I found fly eggs on my fish and threw this away without trying it.    This seemed a terrible waste of fish I had waited to go rotten, so I determined to have another go at involving flies and maggots.    The more I thought about it the more enthusiastic I became, and was hoping to go on to maggot meat of various kinds, but, caught mid way in my experiments, I am very disappointed.   Finding that eating raw maggots receives such enthusiastic endorsement from outstanding  experimenting Members such as Sitting Coyote, Cherimoya Kid, Hannibal and, of course, Sabertooth, who has investigated this until convinced it is perfectly safe, should be reassurance enough.

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 07:46:45 pm »
QUOTE:
« Reply #10 on: Today at 07:38:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure that's not how it works...Like swallowing semen doesn't make you pregnant.
Maggots or any other food don't just bullet through your stomach to your prostate.

REPLY:
Apparently my severe water infection, which gave so much pain in the penis that I had to call an ambulance, is a random event with no specific cause.   Hospital MRI scan and numerous blood/urine tests revealed no sign of cancer in the prostate, and the surgeon therefore cancelled the biopsy he was about to perform on me.   Initial antibiotic had not cleared the infection, and a much stronger Ciprofloxacin had to be taken, which did.   I am now on Tamsulocin for life, to keep waterworks open, and this does help.   Next blood test is not till November and my PSA is 2.4 down from the alarming 11.6.   I may choose some form of surgery to eliminate the need for Tamsulocin, but now no pain and fewer nightly toilet visits.

I do want to resume my Maggot Fish and Maggot Meat experiments at some future date, as so many have found neither to be a problem, and I am desperately keen to try them again, as they really appeal to me.   Perhaps some encouragement might help?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:20 pm »
 I have read in the past about how as people get older their digestive systems start to fail, gradually. While this can be partially blamed on cooked foods, I suspect that natural aging also plays a part. In which case, I have recognised that as I enter old age, it will be an extremely good idea to increase my intake of aged, predigested raw meats(ie "high-meat") until they form 100% of my animal-food-intake.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk