Author Topic: How long did it take you to repair yourself?  (Read 16919 times)

William

Re: How long did it take you to repair yourself?
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 05:05:14 am »
the rzc diet is not a holy grail and should only be attempted, really, by those who have a genuine problem with carbs due to some prior health-problem etc.

The evidence of Lex's experience and that shown in GCBC and Rosedale's work on insulin resistance indicates that everybody has a problem with carbs.
Considering that carbs is not an essential nutrient, and anything in excess of requirement is a poison then it follows that the above was written by your addiction.

Which explains the offensive language.

carnivore

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 05:11:45 am »
I would have gone along with that, until I had a stroke and did some research, found that when you eat anything that increases blood glucose level, it stays up for two to three weeks.

References ?

William

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 06:47:01 am »
References ?

Google is your friend. I searched for effects and/or cause  of stroke.

carnivore

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 10:26:22 pm »
Google is your friend. I searched for effects and/or cause  of stroke.

BG increases only for several hours (not weeks!) after a meal.

William

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 05:51:34 am »
BG increases only for several hours (not weeks!) after a meal.

BG increases only for several hours (not weeks!) after a meal in those who don't get strokes.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:03 am »
William, i googled "blood glucose weeks to stabilize" and I dont really know what im supposed to be looking for here so unfortunately google is not being my friend. I would like to know more about this though.

That's not paleo.

William

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 12:38:51 pm »
In the weeks after the stroke I searched for anything that would help cure it, didn't record urls except for the story of the Master of St. Paul's:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/elderhealth/3355207/Stroke-I-had-to-cure-myself.html
Not much help there.
So if you were to find the one I found it would take much time and include the word stroke, and maybe cure and/or therapy.

BTW the cure is lie down, close eyes (very important), think like a happy winner (!), eat only when seriously hungry - not out of habit or clock, then eat raw zero carb. I used pemmican & raw egg yolk.
Oh, and it took 3 months.

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
Is she a mouth breather or a nose breather?
The sinus turbines produce a gas called nitric oxide (i think) that is responsible in feeding more oxygen to the body/organs/brain.
If she is a mouth breather she would miss out on that important gas and suffer lower blood oxygen.
A friend of mine is a mouth breather and his blood oxygen is around 94-96% at best.
I'm a nose breather and produce 98% oxygen at an elevation of 4500 feet. My blood oxygen stays high even when climbing above 6000 feet. He usually huffs and puffs and has to take 'naps' during hikes.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:12 pm »
Like Tyler said there's no one-size-fits-all approach to a diet. Some people have miserable results from rzc such as Tyler and others have fantastic LONG TERM results with it. You just gotta listen to what the old body's telling you and adjust accordingly. Everyone has their own metabolic "type".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk