Author Topic: Color and Appetite  (Read 4332 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Color and Appetite
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:55:28 pm »
    How do colors affect your appetite?

The reason I am asking this question, is because according to ayurveda and psychology, serving your food on red plates is supposed to increase appetite.  So I've had red dishes for about ten years, and I never found them appetizing.  I was shopping recently and saw dishes in pretty shades of blue.  I saw a lot of dishes, but these blue ones made me feel good.  Are other diets good on red dishes, but for some people, whatever they eat, blue better?  I wonder if I should get the blue ones.  I think I will.

I know color affects other things in relation to health and psychology, and didfferent people have different color needs.  The same color affects two people differently.  That is proven.

What color dishes do you eat off of?  (if you use dishes)

Anyone here have lots of successful color consulting experience and seen differences that relate to color and diet?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Color and Appetite
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:58:14 pm »
Well, actually I prefer red dishes re appetite for things like sushi/sashimi, which is often red re plates. I think it's because all the raw wild hare carcasses etc. are very red in colour so I associate it with increased health.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:03:18 pm »
what's the deal with wild hare, is it that good compared to other meat? How often do you eat it? I had venison for the 1st time today, it was pretty good! Tasting meat for the 1st time is fun, i have no idea what to expect.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:20:14 pm »
Well, actually I prefer red dishes re appetite for things like sushi/sashimi, which is often red re plates.

I actually have sushi plates that are bi-color (brown/green).  I have no problem with them, I don't think so anyway.  I don't think I'd prefer to eat sashimi from blue plates, plus the blue ones don't have sushi in the set.  I'd have to make or shop around for blue ones.  

I'm thinking for red meat like buffalo.  I love the smell of buffalo, and like its color, I just think it would look a lot better on these blue plates.  Maybe it's the contrast.  Blue is a soothing color.  I like the cold.  I think I just want to think "cool" when I eat, as far as temperatures go, that may be it.

A lot of raw foodists have Pitta (fire) constitution, and do well with calming (or non-pittagenic) things, like foods that are anti-inflammatory, etc.  I had a number of inflammatory diseases (here is a general info list http://sclero.org/medical/symptoms/associated/a-to-z.html).  I always liked blue anyway.  Blue depresses some people, but blue kind of works like raw fats for me.  
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:27:29 pm »
what's the deal with wild hare, is it that good compared to other meat? How often do you eat it? I had venison for the 1st time today, it was pretty good! Tasting meat for the 1st time is fun, i have no idea what to expect.
  Raw wild hare carcasses are as good as any other raw wild game meat(such as wild mallard/wild venison/wild boar etc.), having a gamey taste and great nutrition. Plus, the raw blood from the raw wild hare is the only blood I like the taste of, since I can't get blood from other raw wild game(even raw blood from organic,raw grassfed meats tastes kinda bland)

Most times of the year, I'll get 2 big raw wild hare carcasses every fortnight(= 2 weeks).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:45:53 pm »
Plus, the raw blood from the raw wild hare is the only blood I like the taste of, since I can't get blood from other raw wild game(even raw blood from organic,raw grassfed meats tastes kinda bland)

My cats loved sucking on our rabbit's neck.  I don't think they ever got a drop of blood out though.  Maybe they were just kissing her neck, or concerned we'd get angry.  It looked like they were vampiring on her though.  I'm sure wild hare would be much different.  Our rabbit only ate fresh vegetables.  We got the leftover salad leaves etc from a restaurant each day as her feed.

I've tried buffalo blood saved for me from slaughter.  I don't know if I like it enough to get again.  I think I do.  They throw it out otherwise.  My plates are too big for my appetite (well for blood). 

A small set of dishes for dolls or a doll house would be big enough.  I can use tiny Barbie doll spoons.  Don't know where I'd buy them.  I think druggies use coke spoons.  I wonder where I could get one or how to go about making nice ones.  Maybe make a tea party for weird neighbors.  I think they prefer Wild Turkey. 

Why do I live in America.  Blood soup is nearly unheard of here, and when it is on a restaurant menu it's cooked chunks of blood.           

Offline Vraellie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 01:07:48 am »
   I'm thinking for red meat like buffalo.  I love the smell of buffalo, and like its color, I just think it would look a lot better on these blue plates.  Maybe it's the contrast.  Blue is a soothing color.  I like the cold.  I think I just want to think "cool" when I eat, as far as temperatures go, that may be it.

A lot of raw foodists have Pitta (fire) constitution, and do well with calming (or non-pittagenic) things, like foods that are anti-inflammatory, etc.  I had a number of inflammatory diseases (here is a general info list http://sclero.org/medical/symptoms/associated/a-to-z.html).  I always liked blue anyway.  Blue depresses some people, but blue kind of works like raw fats for me.  

Same here, I've alway's loved blue. My dad is a kinesiologist. When we were really young he muscle tested us for colors and mine was indigo. So, my parents let me paint my whole room different shades of vibrant blue. I had blue neon lights, a blue chandilier, blue comforter, you name it. It was like that song "blue" by eiffel 65. Which was my favorite song back then. Even now I have a blue russian cat named Thor. I've always had issues with inflammation, too. And my skin tone is red, I blush really easily. That's really cool to know about the Pitta thing ^_^ I'll have to check it out.
*_*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk