Author Topic: Raw vegan family  (Read 16919 times)

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw vegan family
« on: January 31, 2010, 11:41:03 am »
There is this raw vegan family and their kids i think have been raw vegan since birth  and even during pregnancy and it seems that the kids are healthy looking and not underweight and are fat. I'ts weird that alot of vegan and fruitarians end up very skinny yet his kids are chubby...
http://www.youtube.com/user/rawfoodfamilylife#p/u

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raw vegan family
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:29:43 pm »
Cute video, they seem to be doing a pretty high fat version of raw vegan with lots of durians and coconuts, maybe that's the key to not look like a toothpick. I would've been more interested to see what the kids eat when they're not in a tropical country.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 01:49:15 pm »
Maybe the title should say fruitarian day for the white family in Thailand.

"The best exotic fruits you have never heard of" ... he he he, nothing exotic there from where I live.

Cool, they have somewhat the same fruits we've got.  Durian season last year me and my son went on a durian binge, 2 weeks of raw beef + durian only.

We load up on coconuts too when we go out of town or to the beach
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:50:00 pm »
im just surprised that their children look healthy not underweight and seem overall healthy, but i dont know if their proper weight/height for their age. But i still read alot of people going vegan or raw vegan and having health problems and i wonder when/if this family will "hit the wall" and finally introduce animal foods in their diet.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 03:20:05 pm »
What he and durian rider have in common is durian.
Maybe durian is available all the time in thailand.

Durian is expensive and seasonal in my country.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

carnivore

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 04:41:27 pm »
Cute video, they seem to be doing a pretty high fat version of raw vegan with lots of durians and coconuts, maybe that's the key to not look like a toothpick. I would've been more interested to see what the kids eat when they're not in a tropical country.

Durian is not so fat (5%), compared to avocado or olive for exemple : http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/2088/2

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »
My taste buds and experience with durian is that it is filling and satisfying.
Maybe that analysis is inaccurate.  Or maybe durian nutrition is not within their analysis methods.
During durian season my son and I ate just durian and raw beef for 2 weeks.  Happy times.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 04:59:52 pm »
I believe that ideally humans are carnivorous, but don't necessarily think that a raw vegan diet of different types of organic fruits is that unhealthy in comparison to a SAD of chips, fried foods, confectioneries, pizzas, processed junk.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 05:11:17 pm »
don't necessarily think that a raw vegan diet of different types of organic fruits is that unhealthy in comparison to a SAD of chips, fried foods, confectioneries, pizzas, processed junk.

Depends. If you're getting enough calories and fat from raw vegan, i agree with you. If you're not, like many people experience and keep losing weight (see Yuri's pictures), then raw vegan is a much worse diet than any other diet. I was shocked to learn that women on the 80/10/10 diet stop menstruating. If people can live to 110+ year old on S.A.D then it can't be that bad for the lucky people with strong genes, they would not have lived that long as raw vegan imo.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 05:43:06 pm »
Not much fat comes from quality animal meats on a SAD. So much is hydrogenated vegetable oil which is nutritionally worthless.

There are two reasons why raw vegan can stop mensuration
 1) because of a lack of nutrients found in meat needed to produce hormones
 2) It's common for raw vegans to lose a lot of weight, and menstruation stops in people who practice omnivorous calorie restriction as well.

Definitely I believe raw vegans are lacking a lot of good stuff, but their diet eliminates a lot of bad things i.e. the processed and unnatural foods of SAD.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 08:36:51 pm »
I bought their ebook.

The family is dependent on these key tropical fruits:
- durian
- jackfruit
- coconuts

Plus a lot of greens.

When they are in the UK they import these things.

In the ebook they are convinced that humans are vegans.  They went into raw veganism because of their then 1 year old son who had very bad asthma allergies.  They do know of raw families who supplement their children with raw goat milk and raw eggs and raw meat.  But they haven't delved into those yet.

Book convinced me to try out jackfruit again.  I bought some before going home this evening.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 06:38:46 am »
In the ebook they are convinced that humans are vegans.

Well the physiology of humans is always shown to be carnivorous with the ability to digest selective plant foods. Is their any scientific basis for their claim that humans are vegans in the book, or have they just concluded that because they 'feel good' on the diet?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 06:57:34 am »
Well the physiology of humans is always shown to be carnivorous with the ability to digest selective plant foods. Is their any scientific basis for their claim that humans are vegans in the book, or have they just concluded that because they 'feel good' on the diet?

That is their point of view because they feel good and the asthma allergies of their son cleared up on that.  They mingle around with the other raw vegan gurus so that is how they came to this conclusion.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 05:49:00 pm »

No, the science shows that humans are omnivorous. There are carnivores who happen to eat plants on occasion(like wolves), but we're not like them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 07:09:10 am »
No, the science shows that humans are omnivorous. There are carnivores who happen to eat plants on occasion(like wolves), but we're not like them.

We have virtually identical digestive system to wolves though.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 08:23:25 am »
Humans are omnivores because it is an observed current and historical fact.

Human tribes have survived largely carnivorous or largely plant based lives.

Body builders range from largely carnivorous to largely plant based.

Humans as individuals are flexible and have grown, survived and reproduced on varying conditions.

It is due to human flexibility that we rule the world.

----

Back to this raw vegan family.  Right now they feel good in this diet so they are sticking with it.  They are currently in that mindset.  Just like some people here who used to do the vegan thing, they are in that mindset and have to be jarred to wake up that extreme diets are a temporary thing.  As Stanley Bass said, all extreme diets have value, they have limited value. 

In their book they eat hemp seeds for protein.  And they supplement with Vitamin D and K2 depending on the season.  They know of raw families who supplement with raw eggs, raw goat and raw meat.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 08:28:43 am by goodsamaritan »

carnivore

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »
I bought their ebook.

The family is dependent on these key tropical fruits:
- durian
- jackfruit
- coconuts

Plus a lot of greens.

When they are in the UK they import these things.

In the ebook they are convinced that humans are vegans.  They went into raw veganism because of their then 1 year old son who had very bad asthma allergies.  They do know of raw families who supplement their children with raw goat milk and raw eggs and raw meat.  But they haven't delved into those yet.

Book convinced me to try out jackfruit again.  I bought some before going home this evening.

Durian and jackfruit are very high in sugar.
What do they say about the benefit to eat these fruits ?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »

In their book they say Durian and Jackfruit are old fruit.  Durian being a 110 million year old fruit.  That humans are fully adapted to Durian.

carnivore

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 09:22:16 pm »
In their book they say Durian and Jackfruit are old fruit.  Durian being a 110 million year old fruit.  That humans are fully adapted to Durian.

Humans or monkeys ?
These fruits grow in the forest isn't it ?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 09:57:00 pm »
Humans or monkeys ?
These fruits grow in the forest isn't it ?

Durians are some of the best fruit out there.  Good mix of fat and carbs.

The family is doing well for now, so lets let them enjoy it while it lasts and they will eventually discover later in life that yes they will need some meat in their diet.  The daddy is pragmatic, they will do this as long as it feels good.

Same thing we are doing, I'm doing this rpd thing because it feels great.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 10:06:09 pm »
durian is perplexing to me
i think it is delicious but have not had it for years
is the smell from sulphur?
if so it would be beneficial to the liver and other disgestion/"detoxification" process of the body
durian is also like a weed in that it grows without the manipulation of humans?(pestiside, fertilize, genetic manipulation)i think this is also true for coconuts 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »
Durian tastes awesome for those who like it.  And smells like the most awful thing to those who don't like it.

I think I'm genetically born to love durian.  My children are genetically born to be durian ultra fanatics.  

Unfortunately, durian is not a local fruit, it grows in the southern Philippine big island Mindanao and abundant too in Malaysia and Thailand.  Thailand has absolutely the best durian in the world.

So durian is expensive for me.  So we only buy it during durian season around september.  I lost a video (because of the flood) of my then 4 year old boy going on a tantrum because he felt he didn't get an even share of the durian.  That was priceless and should have been shared.  This is how powerful the allure of durian is.  See the videos of Ka Sundance and you will feel the emotion when he mentions the word "durian" and how the whole family shuts up when they are having durian.

Not shown in that video are the many more times they eat greens.  Greens are a bigger staplefood for that family, they are not fruitarians.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 02:18:59 am »

Breadfruit reminds me of durian and jackfruit.  I got a fairly ripe one recently at the farmers market.  The riper part tasted close to guava this time actually, not like I remember it previously.  Of course the texture's different (and not as wet or guavapink).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 09:19:34 am »

In my eating experience:

Disagree - Philippine Durian is more high fat than sugar.

Agree - Jack fruit IS very high in sugar.  CANNOT be a staple food.  Of course this is Philippine Jack fruit I'm talking about.  Jack fruit may taste different in Thailand.

Although we sometimes have similar fruits, Philippines and Thailand fruits vary in tastes.  For example our mangoes taste different from their mangoes.  And our guavas taste different from their guavas.  And even mangoes or guavas have various varieties even in the same locale.  Etc.

We really have to be very specific about the foods we compare whether it be fruit, vegetable or meats.

carnivore

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 04:40:40 pm »
In my eating experience:

Disagree - Philippine Durian is more high fat than sugar.

Agree - Jack fruit IS very high in sugar.  CANNOT be a staple food.  Of course this is Philippine Jack fruit I'm talking about.  Jack fruit may taste different in Thailand.

Although we sometimes have similar fruits, Philippines and Thailand fruits vary in tastes.  For example our mangoes taste different from their mangoes.  And our guavas taste different from their guavas.  And even mangoes or guavas have various varieties even in the same locale.  Etc.

We really have to be very specific about the foods we compare whether it be fruit, vegetable or meats.

Do you know the variety of the durian you eat ? Is-it wild or selected (like Morn tong, Kop, etc. from Thailand) ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk