Author Topic: intelligence  (Read 3821 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
intelligence
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:18:23 pm »
raw meat make man smart?lol?
i will probably state this in a most unintelligible way.....
perhaps raw paleo diets increase intelligence, speed of thought, neuro-transmission, physic-abilities
or perhaps those who are genuinely endowed with heightened mental capabilities are drawn to this diet...
because y'all seem purty smart to me
chicken or the egg?

perhaps its not even "intellect" but curiosity? proper brain function that should actually be commonplace? do you feel your brain works better? differently?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:25:30 pm by jessica »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: intelligence
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:31:09 pm »
Hmm, I think a rawpalaeodiet can do a lot of things such as improve concentration/alertness but I doubt it can improve intelligence, except  via epigenetics - it's already been proven that a grandparent who smokes can affect asthma-rates among the grandchildren even if the mother of that child doesn't smoke, for example:-

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn7252-pregnant-smokers-increases-grandkids-asthma-risk.html

So, you may not become a genius on this diet, but any children you have after regaining your health on this diet, might well benefit in terms of increased intelligence.The raw meat-bigger brains theory might well apply, though it would take generations for your descendants to get the 10% larger brains our palaeo ancestors had.
 Of course, there may be disadvantages passed on as well such as an increased intolerance of processed non-palaeo foods, which would be a problem re fitting into society at social occasions.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

alphagruis

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:31:47 am »
It is not easy to define clearly what intelligence means. Personally I rather dismiss IQ based definitions. 

If intelligence is something as our general ability to understand nature and so to better manage our lives and challenges we have to face I'm quite sure that RPD definitely improves our intelligence.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:29:16 am »

I feel that I have more energy and at the same time can be very calm, which leads to an increased ability to focus on things, ideas etc.

I did not hit the intelligence jackpot (yet), but the amount of time when I can concentrate has probably doubled or tripled during a day.

Also I feel more intuitive (subjectively).

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:43:36 am »
I noticed that I'm much less prone to mental fatigue, eating this way.  I think the good-quality raw animal fats are pretty good for increasing mental stamina.  Carbs create large blood sugar swings that affect the ability to think fast and clearly. In my opinion, anyway.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 02:04:59 am »
I feel that I have more energy and at the same time can be very calm, which leads to an increased ability to focus on things, ideas etc.

I did not hit the intelligence jackpot (yet), but the amount of time when I can concentrate has probably doubled or tripled during a day.

Also I feel more intuitive (subjectively).

I can also be more intuitive now and can understand people more. It's something like getting into ones head and knowing what he/she might be thinking or feeling. Why one did or say something.

But I was experiencing the same thing years back when I was food combining.

William

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 06:20:00 am »
raw meat make man smart?

Yes. An ancient IQ test showd high intelligence, but I would never have described myself as smart. Maybe got some smarts now, though.  ;)

i will probably state this in a most unintelligible way.....
perhaps raw paleo diets increase intelligence, speed of thought, neuro-transmission, physic-abilities

Raw zero carb does for sure, and a bonus - mild constant euphoria!
Hard to speak of intelligence intelligibly. :)

perhaps its not even "intellect" but curiosity? proper brain function that should actually be commonplace? do you feel your brain works better? differently?

Yes. It seems evident that if we eat enough fat and no interfering carbs, the myelin sheath so important to nerve/brain function would be properly repaired and maintained, supported by proper and stable hormone function so we don't get easily wildly emotional.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk