Author Topic: 2 questions about fat  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Realist

• Forager
    • View Profile
2 questions about fat
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:19:16 am »
1) What is the threshold percentage of fat to protein that prevents rabbit starvation? Today I've been looking at the fat content of Fish and Ducks, and they're like 6% to 9%, about 10 times less than the 80% fat promoted by Aajonus.

2) What's the deal with rendered suet? I thought this was the "raw" paleo forum :) Does the saturated fat not oxidize? What about the omega 3's? Why not just dry it along with the meat?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: 2 questions about fat
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:26:56 am »
Rendered suet is not recommended on a rawpaleodiet - however, some people find themselves in awkward social situations where they find it easier to compromise by eating rendered suet rather than the genuine raw version.

Re amounts of fats:- I think 60% calories as fat would be needed with zero-carb(?) - maybe as low as 40%?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Realist

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:33:17 am »
Ugh, sorry the 6 - 9% values were grammes, though from another site peking duck with skin seems to be around 60%/40% fat to protein in weight.

Actually, does "80%" refer to grammes or calories?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:42 am »
calories of course!!!!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Realist

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:54:21 am »
Ah ok, thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk