Author Topic: Oh Nuts..!  (Read 11840 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Oh Nuts..!
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 06:12:15 pm »
Ah, the irony. ;D

Exactly, it's William who is the religious fanatic! Perhaps his "faith" is what makes him react to raw meats but manage to endure pemmican.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 08:32:34 pm »
Yeah, I think I'm having the same problem as you.

My stomach feels kinda bloated and gross and I think it's because I've been eating so much suet and it's being stored in the stomach as a reserve or something. It's not stuck in there undigested because I've been having very regular bowel movements.

I honestly think though, the problem is over eating on it, not the fat it self.

I'm not sure though..

But like, I fasted for 2 days and I didn't even get hungry because there was definitely something in my stomach that was providing me with energy.

Right now I'm just going to do high lean meats for a few days and see if this doesn't deplete this fat reserve and get rid of my bloated belly.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 07:39:16 am »
William, separately parts of food from each other by heating is cooking. I don't know why you have to cling to this notion of yours so strongly. If you admit it's cooking, will it all of a sudden become unhealthy? I couldn't care less what people call what I'm eating, I know what it is, but I don't think it's responsible for me to, as a moderator, not try and correct the statement that rendering fat with temperatures < the boiling point of water at sea level is not cooking.

William

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 12:03:11 pm »
William, separately parts of food from each other by heating is cooking.

In the name of all that's holy, why must I endlessly have to explain that RENDER is a real word, and that it exists because it means something different than "cooked".

I don't know why you have to cling to this notion of yours so strongly.

This notion that rawpaleo is the answer....                                               Hm. I won't tell you.

If you admit it's cooking, will it all of a sudden become unhealthy?

If I admit that it's summer, will my feet feel warm when I walk in the snow?

I couldn't care less what people call what I'm eating, I know what it is, but I don't think it's responsible for me to, as a moderator, not try and correct the statement that rendering fat with temperatures < the boiling point of water at sea level is not cooking.

Rendering fat at temperatures <250F is SEPARATING the inedible-because-heated connective tissue/proteins or whatever from the raw EFAs.
It has been pointed out more than once that EFAs are stable at temperature below 250F, and therefore remain raw.

Is it responsible for you as a moderator to help deny knowledge of a healing food that has been the only answer to incurable disease?
You must live with your conscience. I hope you have one.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 01:49:05 pm »
In the name of all that's holy, why must I endlessly have to explain that RENDER is a real word, and that it exists because it means something different than "cooked".

Obviously the word exists because it's a type of cooking, not to differentiate from cooking. Why do the words 'boiled' 'fried' 'roasted' exist?

Heating above 40 degrees Celsius = cooked. Stable =/= raw.

RawKyle won't deny you the right to talk about rendered fat. You're free to do that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:59:25 pm by invisible »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 05:32:00 pm »
This topic certainly seems to have gone astray. It was supposed to be about nuts.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 06:51:54 pm »
And is that fat yellow and soft?

My digestive system can't handle this raw hard-white fat(from muscles)... It makes me ill... I smell of 'stale fat', I have no energy for doing exercise, I mean I CAN'T push myself, literally CAN'T, not like the days when I've just had lean steaks with very little fat(since I last had this Sh** raw hard white fat), when I've been been able to metabolise plenty of energy, but just not have much of it so run myself really low on energy but can still keep going and push hard... With this hard white raw fat I cannot use energy AT ALL... and when I try to exercise I get the same feeling that I used to have when I ate grains, ~2years ago... the IBS feeling. I was doing much better for a few days when I had lean steak almost no fat... but it wasn't right either... I was taking in less energy than I could put out and nowhere near enough fat... but if I have the fat I can't use it anyway...

Do the people who are successful with raw animal fat only eat this yellowy fat? Because this white stuff seems BS.

I don't see how it can have anything to do with me adapting to using fat.. I've had loads of fat for ages.. but cooked. I just can't even digest this sh**. Or absorb it or whatever.

Help.

By the Way, the place I am planning on getting my grass-fed beef from is here: http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/council_gov_democracy/news/38696.asp
What do you think about that?

Miles, are you still lethargic ? Do you know you potassium levels ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk