Author Topic: chest pain?  (Read 5764 times)

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
chest pain?
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:35:20 am »
for a little over a year maybe (can't remember when it started exactly) i've been having very very minor chest pains. im not really sure what it is though. i can feel it slightly to the left of my sternum (near where i think my heart is). however, i can't tell if it's my heart, some other muscle, my lungs, etc. anyways, it's just been kind of in the back of my mind recently. im not too worried about it, but i was just wondering if any of you guys might have any ideas of what could be causing it. i don't feel it all the time. i mainly feel it if i stretch my arms behind my back or if i do push ups or something. basically anything where im stretching/straining my sternum.

the obvious answer is that i have some sort of heart condition. but i really dont think this is it. my heartbeat always feels constant and it doesn't feel stressed after strenuous activities. also, i've had my heart scanned before and it was fine (not recently though). anyways, i don't want to go into what i think it is too much because i want to hear what you guys might think of without hearing my ideas.

i feel perfectly fine otherwise, just curious of your opinions

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: chest pain?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:39:17 pm »

I think it's a structural dysfunction. Have you consulted with a chiropractor yet?

You can also try to find a Yumeiho practitioner.

Offline Ronaldo10

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:23 pm »
Chest pain is one of the most frightening symptoms a person can have. It is sometimes difficult even for a doctor or other medical professional to tell what is causing chest pain and whether it is life-threatening. Any part of the chest can be the cause of the pain including the heart, lungs, esophagus, muscle, bone, and skin. This things should be consulted to a doctor right away.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:26:59 pm »
Yon... When you get the 'pain', do you feel like you have to stay really still when it starts, to not make it worse? Like you have to freeze(movement), and let it 'calm down'? And if you were to suddenly move again it'd shoot with pain, and then after freezing(as in no movement) you just sort of relax for a few mins, and then you  get back to whatever you were doing?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

William

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:31:40 am »
It's not your heart - not possible if it's caused by stretching arms behind you.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 08:41:55 am »
I had something similar maybe.   I used to worry a little too.  Then I pushed hard with my finger and found the sore spot either inbetween or near one of my ribs.    I of course stopped worrying.  Try pressing hard in the area all around. 

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 08:46:23 am »
Could be any of the above but do you exercise at all??
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk