Author Topic: Soaking Nuts/Seeds To Activate Enzymes  (Read 11404 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Soaking Nuts/Seeds To Activate Enzymes
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:31:35 am »
I once read that nuts/seeds enzymes are dormant and are inactice. So to make them active and a alive food again you must soak or sprout them.

Any opinions or info?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Soaking Nuts and Seeds To Activate Enzymes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:33:20 am »
Soaking for 24 hours is recommended so as to reduce the levels of antinutrients in them.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Soaking Nuts and Seeds To Activate Enzymes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:44:40 am »
Soaking for 24 hours is recommended so as to reduce the levels of antinutrients in them.
Nuts as in walnuts, pecans, almonds, pine nuts etc contain antinutrients? I know cashew do. And as in seeds i'm refereing to sunflower, pumpkin, and flax (and other high fat high protien low carb seeds) . Not grains or legumes.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Soaking Nuts/Seeds To Activate Enzymes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:45:51 am »
yes, nuts and seds contain antinutrients - sprouting reduces the antinutrients.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:02:35 am »
yes, nuts and seds contain antinutrients - sprouting reduces the antinutrients.
How come the paleo diet tells you to eat nuts if they contain antinutrients?!!!!! ??? ??? >:(

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:13:41 am »
Paleolithic diet forbids peanuts(which are beans) and cashews(they aren't "palaeo" nuts).

Nuts are not recommended heavily on palaeo diets as their omega-3: omega-6 ratio is very low unlike grassfed meats  It's also been sugested that, like eggs, they were unlikely to have been eaten in quantity in Paleo times due to scarcity.

My suggestion would be to greatly minimise consumption of nuts/seeds, even soaked nuts/seeds as soaking only reduces but doesn't eliminate the antinutrients.

" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 06:15:33 am »
Paleolithic diet forbids peanuts(which are beans) and cashews(they aren't "palaeo" nuts).

Nuts are not recommended heavily on palaeo diets as their omega-3: omega-6 ratio is very low unlike grassfed meats  It's also been sugested that, like eggs, they were unlikely to have been eaten in quantity in Paleo times due to scarcity.

My suggestion would be to greatly minimise consumption of nuts/seeds, even soaked nuts/seeds as soaking only reduces but doesn't eliminate the antinutrients.

;D Got it! thanks for the info!!! ;D Apreciate it friend.

Satya

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 06:24:52 am »
How come the paleo diet tells you to eat nuts if they contain antinutrients?!!!!! ??? ??? >:(

This is a good question.  The answer is what Tyler mentions, imo.  Also, I would suggest you read Lex's journal on rawpaleo, as he came to the conclusion that plant foods played a minor role in paleo man's diet.  Think about where you live and what is aroud you.  You are in WI.  I am in TX.  Even down south, I cannot get plant foods year round IF I eat locally.  Pecans are the main nut here; yet they only come ripe in autumn.  They store in the shell, but really, how much is good to consume?  Also, many plants besides nuts contain anti nutrients.  They might not kill you in small quantities, but they exist.

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/lex-rooker/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:37:37 am by Craig »

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 06:32:22 am »
This is a good question.  The answer is what Tyler mentions, imo.  Also, I would suggest you read Lex's journal on rawpaleo, as he came to the conclusion that plant foods played a minor role in paleo man's diet.  Think about where you live and what is aroud you.  You are in WI.  I am in TX.  Even down south, I cannot get plant foods year round IF I eat locally.  Pecans are the main nut here; yet they only come ripe in autumn.  They store in the shell, but really, how much is good to consume?  Also, many plants besides nuts contain anti nutrients.  They might not kill you in small quantities, but they exist.

http://www.rawpaleodiet.com/lex-rooker/
I see... I'm really considering a carnivourous diet. Besides finding wild vegetaion seasonallly.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 12:38:02 am by Craig »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:36:16 am »
a 100% carnivorous diet  is tricky unless you have an absolutely cast-iron supply of fats at all times like suet or marrow or whatever - plus you need to ensure high-quality re grassfed etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 06:38:33 am »
a 100% carnivorous diet  is tricky unless you have an absolutely cast-iron supply of fats at all times like suet or marrow or whatever - plus you need to ensure high-quality re grassfed etc.
I understand. But I'm definitley going to move toward 80% to 90% carnivorous.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk